Page 3 of 36 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Off-Season Thread: #TradeSzn

Senior Member Pee-Wee Division
    Most projections seem to list the draft order along these lines. Assuming top 3 is off limits (barring getting lucky in the lottery) where should we aim to get?

1. Dahlin
    2. Svechnikov
    3. Zadina
    4. Tkachuk
    5. Boqvist
    6. Hughes
    7. Bouchard
    8. Wahlstrom
    9. Dobson
    10. Smith

I have a "feeling" on Tkachuk. The few times I've seen him he just plays hard and is an absolute pest in addition to being a really good player overall. I also like Boqvist and Bouchard.

Very Large Member BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by mickey1935 View Post
    Amen in spades. AV had nothing to work with especially on defense. The corporate methodology leaves GGG in charge and a brilliant hockey man looking for a job. Maybe I will just concentrate on Boca Juniors and the sad Argentine national team (NMNV) so I can spend my evenings enjoying my life. After 70 years of frustration I have just about had it.

I love hockey and have loved the Rangers but this may be the final straw. If I were "The King" I would ask for a trade to a real team that would give me a pathway to the Hall of Fame instead of the Hall of Shame that GGG has left me with.
    See ya
    Hidden Content

Let's Go Rangers!

HNIC BSBH Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by mickey1935 View Post
    Amen in spades. AV had nothing to work with especially on defense. The corporate methodology leaves GGG in charge and a brilliant hockey man looking for a job. Maybe I will just concentrate on Boca Juniors and the sad Argentine national team (NMNV) so I can spend my evenings enjoying my life. After 70 years of frustration I have just about had it.

I love hockey and have loved the Rangers but this may be the final straw. If I were "The King" I would ask for a trade to a real team that would give me a pathway to the Hall of Fame instead of the Hall of Shame that GGG has left me with.
    70 years of frustration? Weren't you like 52 in 1994?

Senior Member Midget Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    70 years of frustration? Weren't you like 52 in 1994?
    Why bother? This feels like LTF all over again.

Quote Originally Posted by Gravesy View Post
    Most projections seem to list the draft order along these lines. Assuming top 3 is off limits (barring getting lucky in the lottery) where should we aim to get?

1. Dahlin
    2. Svechnikov
    3. Zadina
    4. Tkachuk
    5. Boqvist
    6. Hughes
    7. Bouchard
    8. Wahlstrom
    9. Dobson
    10. Smith

I have a "feeling" on Tkachuk. The few times I've seen him he just plays hard and is an absolute pest in addition to being a really good player overall. I also like Boqvist and Bouchard.
    I've been intrigued by Hughes since seeing him at the world jr's. I thought he was tremendous. Unfortunately, I think he is too similar to D'Angelo and not sure if a defense can have all three of Shat, D, and Hughes. It would be like winning a mini-Stanley Cup if we lucked our way into the top 3 to get one of those studs.

HNIC BSBH Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    I've been intrigued by Hughes since seeing him at the world jr's. I thought he was tremendous. Unfortunately, I think he is too similar to D'Angelo and not sure if a defense can have all three of Shat, D, and Hughes. It would be like winning a mini-Stanley Cup if we lucked our way into the top 3 to get one of those studs.
    And Pionk...

Moderator BSBH Prospect

2018 Off-Season Thread: #FireAVszn

1- Draft Hughes with 7-9th pick
    2- Kreider and Zib spend next winter hiking in South America
    3- Lundy decides he wants to play for a contender
    4- Draft the other Hughes next summer
    5- Sign a few of the many UFA’s that summer

Enjoy many years of Hughes brothers

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Shawcappella BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by Puck Head View Post
    1- Draft Hughes with 7-9th pick
    2- Kreider and Zib spend next winter hiking in South America
    3- Lundy decides he wants to play for a contender
    4- Draft the other Hughes next summer
    5- Sign a few of the many UFA’s that summer

Enjoy many years of Hughes brothers

I am in full support of this.

Formerly Richter Redux Midget Division
    I got this weird feeling we're going to get lucky for once with this lottery. In recent years we've bucked a lot of historic team trends.I remember in the 2013-14 season in particular I had a thread about the year of broken hexes. All stuff we hadn't done in decades that we started doing. I could see our luck changing for once with this draft too.

Then there's the part of me that knows, as amply supported by empiric evidence, that the Rangers always get screwed. For instance, we're definitely going to move back one spot to 9th.

Again, nothing to support it. Just this weird feeling I've had since we started committing fully to the rebuild.
    Hidden Content

“'Things aren't what they used to be' is the rallying cry of small minds. When men say things used to be better, they invariably mean they were better for them, because they were young, and had all their hopes intact. The world is bound to look a darker place as you slide into the grave.” Joe Abercrombie, Best Served Cold.

If you ain't first, you're last! BSBH Legend
    We can only hope. The cost of trading up could be steeper than any of us are comfortable with.

Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"I've always said, I'd rather tame a tiger than paint stripes on a kitty cat."
    - Dean Lombardi

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus, and the feeling that whatever
    you think you'e bound to be okay, because you're in the safely moral majority."

- Christopher Hitchens

Russian Meddling BSBH Rookie
    Come on nhl conspiracy theories- let’s rig this lottery.
    Lias Andersson for #AJT2019

Senior Member Bantam Division
    Boy, that didn’t take long. Might need to edit the thread title for staying power.

Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus, and the feeling that whatever

- Christopher Hitchens

My first mock lottery on Tankathon after the season ended gave us the 3rd pick. Now, I’m not saying it’s a sign but...
    It’s a sign.

Quote Originally Posted by Sod16 View Post
    A couple of posters expressed concern about Anderson's foot speed after the Islanders game, so I focused on that watching the Philly game. I understand that sedatives were administered to the entire team before the game, but I have to say that I noticed several sequences where more powerful skating would have gotten Anderson possession. Yes, it's way too early to judge, but let's just say I don't think many NHL team's would trade the 7th pick in this year's or next year's draft for Anderson. By contrast, they all would trade the 21st pick for Chytl.
    I did the exact same thing and it was painful to watch. Luckily he's still 18(19?) so his body may not be fully "evolved" phsyically, but it certainly is a issue I hope they adress right away.

Russian Meddling BSBH Rookie
    #kovalchukszn
    Lias Andersson for #AJT2019

If both Wahlstrom and Tkachuk is available, who do you pick?

Quote Originally Posted by Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc View Post
    Tkachuk for me.
    Just seems to add something this team has been lacking for a long time. Namely high octane physical play, in combination with a very good all round skill set. A really tough customer, not in the McLeod mould, but with the full package to boost. Goes after every puck as if his life depended on it. We've been too nice for quite some time. I really like that about him and can see him developing into a real leader.

Quote Originally Posted by Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc View Post
    At 8? Tkachuk. And I dance all summer long.

Hidden Content

- John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

- Christopher Hitchens

Just a Simple Country Squire BSBH Prospect
    They'll draft one of the undersized D-men, probably Ryan Murr.. Err.. Quinn Hughes.

Page 3 of 36 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast