• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2018 Off-Season Thread: #TradeSzn

Phil

BSBH_Offseason_Header.png?raw=1

Please use this thread to discuss all feasible off-season related topics including

(but not limited to) potential trades, free agency and more. This thread is intended to

discuss the New York Rangers off-season, though other team information (that is

relevant to the Rangers) like potential trade candidates can be posted here as well.

This thread is not designed for trade proposals. Please do not post them here unless

they are specific to an existing rumor or report.

This thread will be updated regularly between now and July 1st, as well as into the

off-season months in the event major names are still available on the board (so to speak).

BSBH_GDT_Bar.gif?raw=1

Dates to Remember:

NHL Draft Lottery ? April 28th

NHL Entry Draft ? June 22nd, 23rd

Free Agent Signing Period Begins ? July 1st

Buyout Window ? TBD

• Replies 705
  • Created
  • Last Reply
A couple of posters expressed concern about Anderson's foot speed after the Islanders game, so I focused on that watching the Philly game. I understand that sedatives were administered to the entire team before the game, but I have to say that I noticed several sequences where more powerful skating would have gotten Anderson possession. Yes, it's way too early to judge, but let's just say I don't think many NHL team's would trade the 7th pick in this year's or next year's draft for Anderson. By contrast, they all would trade the 21st pick for Chytl.

A couple of posters expressed concern about Anderson's foot speed after the Islanders game, so I focused on that watching the Philly game. I understand that sedatives were administered to the entire team before the game, but I have to say that I noticed several sequences where more powerful skating would have gotten Anderson possession. Yes, it's way too early to judge, but let's just say I don't think many NHL team's would trade the 7th pick in this year's or next year's draft for Anderson. By contrast, they all would trade the 21st pick for Chytl.

Anderson has already said he needs to work on his speed this summer.

I think he skated better this game than the previous few. He?s already a better skater than Stepan was at this age. Lias is a smart player, he?ll be able to get o the right spots. His game is built on smarts,not speed.

I think he skated better this game than the previous few. He’s already a better skater than Stepan was at this age. Lias is a smart player, he’ll be able to get o the right spots. His game is built on smarts,not speed.

Stepan may be slow, but he still put up more points than anyone on this team did this season.

I would say the major need is a player that is a goal scoring threat is a must as well.

Get a #1c and shift Zibanejad to wing. Let him worry about shooting instead of... anything to do with being a center.

Firing AV will not help us, not when most of the Team was from the AHL and we had an AHL-level defense

AV could have been fired after the Pitt series two years ago. They've been on the downward trend for three years. They're soft. They're slow. His system doesn't match the players available. He's not a teacher. It's time.

3, 1, 2 for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Skjei - Pionk

Staal - Shattenkirk

Smith - DeAngelo

Lindgren

Isn’t as bad as people think, if guys play well, progress, bounce back, whatever you want to call it, especially when potentially looking at using a new system.

There’s not a top d available, those that are won’t change much.

Fixing 1 & 2 will help make this defense crew less of an issue

Get a #1c and shift Zibanejad to wing. Let him worry about shooting instead of... anything to do with being a center.

Id like to see more of him on the wing before a permanent move, but I agree, they need a number 1 center. Do they make a play for Statsny then in the off season? I wouldn't mind him if he can come at the right price.

Skjei - Pionk

Staal - Shattenkirk

Smith - DeAngelo

Lindgren

Isn’t as bad as people think, if guys play well, progress, bounce back, whatever you want to call it, especially when potentially looking at using a new system.

There’s not a top d available, those that are won’t change much.

Fixing 1 & 2 will help make this defense crew less of an issue

I agree. The defense wasn't as bad as they could have been. Better offensive players would take off the defensive pressure. I liked O'Gara and Gilmour's play.

Id like to see more of him on the wing before a permanent move, but I agree, they need a number 1 center. Do they make a play for Statsny then in the off season? I wouldn't mind him if he can come at the right price.

No. Tavares this summer, if not, Seguin next.

Don’t look much further ahead than that,as we don’t know what we will have

Archived