Page 1 of 24 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Off-Season Thread: #TradeSzn

If you ain't first, you're last! BSBH Legend

2018 Off-Season Thread: #TradeSzn

Please use this thread to discuss all feasible off-season related topics including
    (but not limited to) potential trades, free agency and more. This thread is intended to
    discuss the New York Rangers off-season, though other team information (that is
    relevant to the Rangers) like potential trade candidates can be posted here as well.

This thread is not designed for trade proposals. Please do not post them here unless
    they are specific to an existing rumor or report.

This thread will be updated regularly between now and July 1st, as well as into the
    off-season months in the event major names are still available on the board (so to speak).

Dates to Remember:

NHL Draft Lottery — April 28th
    NHL Entry Draft — June 22nd, 23rd
    Free Agent Signing Period Begins — July 1st
    Buyout Window — TBD

Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"I've always said, I'd rather tame a tiger than paint stripes on a kitty cat."
    - Dean Lombardi

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus, and the feeling that whatever
    you think you'e bound to be okay, because you're in the safely moral majority."

- Christopher Hitchens

Senior Member BSBH Prospect
    Never been so happy to see this up. What a debacle this season was.

Clean out the rest of the crap. Start over.
    GORTON 2020

Formerly Dru23 BSBH Prospect
    What does the szn stand for? Just curious.

Quote Originally Posted by ThirtyONE View Post
    Never been so happy to see this up. What a debacle this season was.

Clean out the rest of the crap. Start over.
    For real.

Quote Originally Posted by NYR2711 View Post
    What does the szn stand for? Just curious.
    Season.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk
    Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus, and the feeling that whatever

- Christopher Hitchens

Senior Member Squirt Division Sod16's Avatar
    A couple of posters expressed concern about Anderson's foot speed after the Islanders game, so I focused on that watching the Philly game. I understand that sedatives were administered to the entire team before the game, but I have to say that I noticed several sequences where more powerful skating would have gotten Anderson possession. Yes, it's way too early to judge, but let's just say I don't think many NHL team's would trade the 7th pick in this year's or next year's draft for Anderson. By contrast, they all would trade the 21st pick for Chytl.

Russian Meddling BSBH Rookie
    1.) #1 center
    2.) Leadership
    3.) Defenseman. Type of guy needed will be based on coach/system. Must be mobile and reliable in own zone.
    Lias Andersson for #AJT2019

Quote Originally Posted by Sod16 View Post
    A couple of posters expressed concern about Anderson's foot speed after the Islanders game, so I focused on that watching the Philly game. I understand that sedatives were administered to the entire team before the game, but I have to say that I noticed several sequences where more powerful skating would have gotten Anderson possession. Yes, it's way too early to judge, but let's just say I don't think many NHL team's would trade the 7th pick in this year's or next year's draft for Anderson. By contrast, they all would trade the 21st pick for Chytl.
    Anderson has already said he needs to work on his speed this summer.

Quote Originally Posted by Sod16 View Post
    I think he skated better this game than the previous few. He’s already a better skater than Stepan was at this age. Lias is a smart player, he’ll be able to get o the right spots. His game is built on smarts,not speed.

Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    1.) #1 center
    2.) Leadership
    3.) Defenseman. Type of guy needed will be based on coach/system. Must be mobile and reliable in own zone.

I would say the major need is a player that is a goal scoring threat is a must as well.

I think he skated better this game than the previous few. He’s already a better skater than Stepan was at this age. Lias is a smart player, he’ll be able to get o the right spots. His game is built on smarts,not speed.

Stepan may be slow, but he still put up more points than anyone on this team did this season.

I would say the major need is a player that is a goal scoring threat is a must as well.
    Get a #1c and shift Zibanejad to wing. Let him worry about shooting instead of... anything to do with being a center.

Hopefully we draft one.
    GORTON 2020

Senior Member Squirt Division rangers02's Avatar
    Firing AV will not help us, not when most of the Team was from the AHL and we had an AHL-level defense

We have finally put out of our Misery

Quote Originally Posted by rangers02 View Post
    Firing AV will not help us, not when most of the Team was from the AHL and we had an AHL-level defense
    AV could have been fired after the Pitt series two years ago. They've been on the downward trend for three years. They're soft. They're slow. His system doesn't match the players available. He's not a teacher. It's time.
    GORTON 2020

Why? Because of our lack of depth on the defense and that some of our players turned into Giant turds this season? It's time we hold Jeff Gorton accountable

1.) #1 center
    2.) Leadership
    3, 1, 2 for me.

Hidden Content

- John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

- Christopher Hitchens

Quote Originally Posted by rangers02 View Post
    Firing AV is addition by subtraction in and of itself.

Hidden Content

- John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

- Christopher Hitchens

1.) #1 center
    2.) Leadership
    Absolutely! Hopefully, Gorton won't screw up our draft picks!

Quote Originally Posted by ThirtyONE View Post
    Hopefully we draft one.
    Unless we trade down, that might be hard.

Page 1 of 24 12311 ... LastLast