• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Are We Still a Transition Scoring Team?

AliveIn94

A lot has been said about AVs future with the team and of his system here that I won't go over again. I think AV has been doing a good job, but obviously we have not gotten the result we wanted. Not only is the team on a downslope towards a rebuild, but after watching the past few games I don't think his system can work for us anymore.

Offense is inconsistent, as all can be at times, but it's been terrible off the transition game. Almost every team plays fast now, can't outskate them anymore. We scored once on the worst defense and PK unit in the league in the Islanders despite 3 PP!

What do we have going for us besides speed and goaltending? What do you think should be the plan going foward, and how does it relate to our prospect pool?

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

You coach the players you have. It's hard to say what they should do next season when we don't even know who's on the team.

All I know is that AV's system of pass to the wings for odd-man rushes hasn't worked with this group in 4 years. It's a square peg in a round hole and yet he continues to force it. Half our d aren't even skilled enough to make tape-tape passes. Half our D don't know defensive zone coverage yet. These are things that need to be taught first.

Also puck possession is king. The Rangers decline can be linked to their decline in puck possession. It's just nonexistent. If they're not scoring on the rush, they're not scoring.

You coach the players you have. It's hard to say what they should do next season when we don't even know who's on the team.

All I know is that AV's system of pass to the wings for odd-man rushes hasn't worked with this group in 4 years. It's a square peg in a round hole and yet he continues to force it. Half our d aren't even skilled enough to make tape-tape passes. Half our D don't know defensive zone coverage yet. These are things that need to be taught first.

Also puck possession is king. The Rangers decline can be linked to their decline in puck possession. It's just nonexistent. If they're not scoring on the rush, they're not scoring.

Your response was so dead on that you killed the thread !

Sent from my SM-N900T using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Case closed! You win this thread, 31!! :thumbs:

Archived