• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Stan Bowman, Joel Quenneville Will Stay With Chicago

Phil

Eakins problem was he was tasked with turning the worst, most toxic renditions of the Oilers into a playoff team with very little help and very much meddling from a very involved owner in Daryl Katz.

I don't think the environments, aside from the infusion of youth, are at all analagous.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

OK, even if that's the case, the only possible confrontation he could encounter on that front, should he be brought in, is Lundqvist. The average age of the Rangers next season (assuming no Karlsson, Tavares, etc) is going to be among the youngest in the league, and they're going to be heavily relying on major step forwards from much of that youth, including the young vets (Zibanejad, Hayes, etc).

That's fair. It might be a deal-breaker. I'd still interview him, though, if for no other reason than to see if he's relaxed on that any.

On a personal note, I don't really care how professional athletes feel about being handled. The same as I didn't with Tortorella. I care about results. If a hard-on-you coach gets results, to me, that's worth infinitely more than a players coach who doesn't get them.

How many successful college coaches have had success in the NHL? Honestly have no idea, but I’m thinking it’s not a high number.

Are there any in the league right now? Where did that Flyers asshole come from?

Archived