• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

McKenzie: Rangers Could Trade Picks for 21- to 23-Year-Old

Mr.wiskers

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Let’s trade picks, for guys on bad teams, to put them on our bad team! The recipe for success!!!

They will be going for guys buried by depth with these trades (DeAngelo, Howden, Hajek, Lindgren), maybe some foreigner that won’t come over, or something.

I don't like it. If its a one for one trade, with one of the late firsts for Strome or Puljuj?rvi, I might get on board. Domi is too old. If we're trading for a older established player, I'd prefer to trade Zucc and try to copy the Brassard deal. Keeping all three 1st rounders doesn't mean icing a team of teenagers. They'll add vets in free agency. at most there'll be 2 teens in the line up next year, Chytil and the top 10 pick. If one of the late firsts is good enough to play that'll be gravy, but they won't play teens out of necessity. One more bad year would't kill us. If its not Tavares this summer, 2019 Free Agent class contains several 30 or under stars.

Trouba, Morrissey, Fabbri, Dumba, Domi, Hartman, Mantha, Theodore, or any RFA. Especially on cap struggling teams.

Maybe a salary dump. An Andrew Shaw type of contract. Struggling team that needs to tear it down and sell off players.

Trouba, Morrissey, Fabbri, Dumba, Domi, Hartman, Mantha, Theodore, or any RFA. Especially on cap struggling teams.

Maybe a salary dump. An Andrew Shaw type of contract. Struggling team that needs to tear it down and sell off players.

These names excite me and I don’t think most of them are worth a first. But If we get two 1st rounders and one of these guys I’d be pretty damn excited.

Both players are more valuable to their respective organizations than draft picks they'd get in return. Wouldnt make much sense for either team, unless there was a gross over-payment. And that wouldnt make sense to the Rangers.

Gorton doesn't have a clue to which player to even look for. I have noticed that there was a thread about firing the coach. V had nothing to do with the trades which decimated the team (including buying out Girardi). Gorton traded or gave up on, MacDonough, Stralman, Holden and Girardi. Three of them are playing for Tampa Bay (110 points) and Holden is with Boston (also 110 points). What did he get in return? Nothing for Girardi and "19 year olds" for the rest. The man hasn't got a clue how to build a team but he is very "corporately" correct in the eyes of management. Will he dump Zuck and Krieder in the off season? For more draft picks? I have been a Ranger Fan for more years than he has been alive for more years than he has been alive (saw my first game in 1948) and have seen these moves before by other incompetent GM's along the way. The only time it worked was when we got Messier. GGG (Gorton Gotta' Go).

Archived