• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Sedins Announce Retirement

Phil

Earlier this year we wrote a letter to the city, and to everyone who has supported us for the past 18 years. Many people were asking what the future holds. We said we'd take it one year at a time. We said when the time was right, we'd talk with our families and sit down with management to discuss it.

We started the year with the mindset that a decision would be made in the postseason. But it became clear, after discussions with our families throughout the year, that this will be our last season. This feels right for all of us.

Being part of the Canucks family for 18 seasons has been the best period of our lives. But it's time to focus on our families and life after hockey. It's time to help with homework every night. It's time to be at every birthday party and to stand in the cold at every hockey rink, soccer game and riding lesson on weekends. It's time to be at home for dinner every night.

We're saying it now because we want to share these final three games with you. We also want to share these games with our families, friends, teammates, coaches, trainers, staff and everyone at the Canucks who have supported us. You've all been with us every step of the way, and we want to thank you.

It's time to let the next generation of young players lead the Canucks.

https://www.nhl.com/canucks/news/daniel-henrik-sedin-letter/c-297574270

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

are the sedins hall of famers? i lean toward yes but it’s not an easy call for me

I think so, yeah. While Daniel finished short of 1000 points, they both had such a unique impact on the game. It's hard to see how they wouldn't be voted in.

I think so, yeah. While Daniel finished short of 1000 points, they both had such a unique impact on the game. It's hard to see how they wouldn't be voted in.

https://www.nhl.com/news/daniel-and-henrik-sedin-to-retire-from-nhl-after-18-seasons-with-vancouver-canucks/c-297575404

according to this, they got 1038 and 1068 points. Just the fact that they are the first (and only) brothers to both score over 1000 points I guess they will end up as HOF'ers.

Lol at Henrik having 48 points this season, but only 3 goals.

Archived