• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Re-Sign Cody McLeod to 3-Year/$5.7M Extension; $1.9M AAV

Phil

"New York Rangers General Manager Jeff Gorton announced today that the team has agreed to terms with unrestricted free agent forward Cody McLeod on a three-year contract with an average annual value of $1.9 million.

McLeod, 33, skated in 25 games with the Rangers this past season, registering 2 assists for 2 points, along with a minus-eleven rating and 39 penalty minutes."

"We really feel that when we claimed Cloudy our season hit a turning point," said Head Coach Alain Vigneault. "He slots up and down the lineup and really thrives with more minutes."

General Manager Jeff Gorton said that McLeod is "the perfect man for the job" and can "help the team's position towards the future, especially as a veteran mentor."

https://www.nhl.com/rangers/news/rangers-agree-to-terms-with-unrestricted-free-agent-forward-cody-mcleod/

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

A little less outrageous, and you would have had me going. I agree, good effort. I'll wait until 11:58 tonight to break the news on the Desharnais re-signing.

A rather sad state when the resigning of any of half the players on your current roster would be immediately identifiable as an April Fools joke.

Fuck, you shouldn't have, but you got me. In my defense, it's been a long day and April 1st hadn't been brought up once, only Easter nonsense.

This was how it got rationalized in my head. "They're rebuilding, they want someone tough around. The cap is meaningless. Well, three years is a long time though, they'll surely be starting to be relevant again in three... Wait a second...FUCKING PHIL!"

Archived