• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

What's Your Hottest Rangers Take?

Phil

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
AV is not a problem and shouldn't be replaced just to be replaced.

I respect your opinion Josh man, you know I do....but we need a change. He's gotten results that are unsatisfactory to me, and they've only declined consistently over the years of his tenure.

Rangers are actually good at scouting and drafting. A few missed steps but what team doesn't have those? The number of players we've drafted that have contributed to our lineup in the past 10 years is amazing, especially when you consider how many 1st round picks we've traded away and how low we've picked when we've picked in the 1st round.

Jim Dolan is a good owner (for hockey).

John Tortorella is the best coach the Rangers have had in the last 30 years.

I respect your opinion Josh man, you know I do....but we need a change. He's gotten results that are unsatisfactory to me, and they've only declined consistently over the years of his tenure.

We're bringing in new blood.

Other than that, you just saying "make a change to make a change", which is not how this works. Need to improve.

Other than that, you just saying "make a change to make a change", which is not how this works. Need to improve.

AV has been out coached too many times, man. You see it. He's not the guy in my opinion. He seems to manage to make good teams worse....or at least that's his track record here. We need a new philosophy...his is apparently not working.

I think he's a pussy of a coach, but that's just me. I'd HATE playing for this guy. Can't hit, no shots and god forbid you get in his doghouse...

Too many bullshit excuses, and seems to be FINE with losing...The change will be made so that these young players can grow, and not stagnate under his dogshit leadership and "system" of Rolling 4 lines. The sooner he goes, the better!

They've brought in New blood (including assistant coaches) every year and team still can't defend. That's AVs problem.

Maintaining a winning culture within the Org and in the dressing room is more important than finishing a couple spots lower in the standing to slightly increase your lottery chances.

Once you start losing, it's hard to stop. Once your on the bottom, it's hard to climb that ladder.

I know they're losing now, but it should be viewed as a temporary speed bump and not a viable strategy.

AV is not a problem and shouldn't be replaced just to be replaced.

I agree. I would love to hear AV's excuses as mentioned below and I always find it funny when it's the coaches fault they don't hit or shoot. It's AV's fault when a guy like Hayes stick handles into oblivion without getting a shot off? I can just hear AV yelling don't hit that guy when a baby shit soft guy on the roster pulls up and won't even bump a guy. He staples a guy to the bench and people whine and then two days later some say AV doesn't hold anybody accountable.

Now if you want to blame him for a poorly built roster that's good, but then by the same token Gorton came up short too. I don't think Scotty Bowman takes this team any further than AV has. The same guys that fumbled their way through the first half are now playing better, did AV change his stripes? Does he only get the blame for the horrible stretch a lot of these guys went through and no credit for the same guys that are now contributing.

I don't think he's a hof coach by any means but I don't think you make a change just to say you did. I still think it's 60-40 he stays. I don't thikn making a change guarantees a better result. Then there's the question of who would come in here and do a better job.

Zuccarello is very overrated

Overrated by whom? The fans?

He's a guy that's never made an all-star team, has never received any type of consideration for end of the year awards, but still puts up ~50+ points a year while only costing $3.5 mil. I don't think he's overrated at all in those contexts.

I agree. I would love to hear AV's excuses as mentioned below and I always find it funny when it's the coaches fault they don't hit or shoot. It's AV's fault when a guy like Hayes stick handles into oblivion without getting a shot off? I can just hear AV yelling don't hit that guy when a baby shit soft guy on the roster pulls up and won't even bump a guy. He staples a guy to the bench and people whine and then two days later some say AV doesn't hold anybody accountable.

Now if you want to blame him for a poorly built roster that's good, but then by the same token Gorton came up short too. I don't think Scotty Bowman takes this team any further than AV has. The same guys that fumbled their way through the first half are now playing better, did AV change his stripes? Does he only get the blame for the horrible stretch a lot of these guys went through and no credit for the same guys that are now contributing.

I don't think he's a hof coach by any means but I don't think you make a change just to say you did. I still think it's 60-40 he stays. I don't thikn making a change guarantees a better result. Then there's the question of who would come in here and do a better job.

No Scotty doesn't take THIS team further. But last year and year before...and year before...sure he does.

Brad Richards and Marty St. Louis were better leaders than anything the Rangers have pinned a letter on since Brendan Shanahan.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Yep. Always thought it was a mistake to name Mac the captain over Marty. I honestly believe there's a weight that comes with that letter and the Rangers haven't had an actual Captain since Messier. Not Jagr. Not Callahan. Not Mac.

Overrated by whom? The fans?

He's a guy that's never made an all-star team, has never received any type of consideration for end of the year awards, but still puts up ~50+ points a year while only costing $3.5 mil. I don't think he's overrated at all in those contexts.

Just Rangers fans.

Nah. He had 83 points in 79 games and went to Washington where injury derailed his career.

He was 34 and had just inflated his stats by playing in the most offensive two years of stats in 30 years.

At 34 players start a steep decline statistically which is what happened to Nylander.

And since when do fans run a player out of town?

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Archived