Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 35

Thread: The Future for Odell Beckham Jr. as a NY GIANT

  1. #1
    ImagineAcceptingTheTruth BSBH Prospect
    Parsley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Philadelphia suburbs
    Posts
    10,704
    Rep Power
    102

    The Future for Odell Beckham Jr. as a NY GIANT

    So...”rumors” are, coming off his injury last season he wants to get paid NOW and could hold out without a new contract (100+ million?).

    Meanwhile Giants management is tired of the OBJ drama, off field antics, etc.

    What should they do?

    -Pay the man
    -Let him hold out and lose $
    -Trade him (perhaps a 1st rounder and competent receiver?...Cleveland, Buffalo, LA, etc.)





    Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk
    Last edited by Parsley; 03-26-2018 at 06:11 PM.

  2. #2
    ImagineAcceptingTheTruth BSBH Prospect
    Parsley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Philadelphia suburbs
    Posts
    10,704
    Rep Power
    102
    As a Giant fan, personally I’ve had enough of this guy. I’d look to trade him for no less than a 1st round pick + a “proven” (solid) player. Or a 1st round pick and a handful of lower round picks. This team is probably years away from being a true contender again anyway.


    Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

  3. #3
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ BSBH Prospect
    Patrick Bateman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    10,100
    Rep Power
    213
    Pay him, he's a generational talent
    Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

    Regards,

    Patrick Bateman

    Sent from my iPhone

  4. #4
    ImagineAcceptingTheTruth BSBH Prospect
    Parsley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Philadelphia suburbs
    Posts
    10,704
    Rep Power
    102
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Bateman View Post
    Pay him, he's a generational talent
    Something tells me younger fans (like yourself) are more in line with that thinking vs. aging fans like myself

    I’m interested to see what others here think as well. Fans or non-fans.


    Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

  5. #5
    HNIC BSBH Legend
    Pete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    75,732
    Rep Power
    490
    I don't understand how he's going to help that team win, so I don't understand why they need to pay him.

  6. #6
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ BSBH Prospect
    Patrick Bateman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    10,100
    Rep Power
    213
    There's no one in the league who can do the things he can do, he's a threat every single time he gets the ball to take it to the house. Other receivers can make similar catches but no one currently in the league is as big of a threat on short/intermediate throws as he is
    Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

    Regards,

    Patrick Bateman

    Sent from my iPhone

  7. #7
    Pain heals. Chicks dig scars BSBH Prospect
    Lt. Dan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    LI, NY
    Posts
    12,228
    Rep Power
    121
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Bateman View Post
    There's no one in the league who can do the things he can do, he's a threat every single time he gets the ball to take it to the house. Other receivers can make similar catches but no one currently in the league is as big of a threat on short/intermediate throws as he is
    This. He’s the only game breaker the Giants have and is capable of putting the team on his back offensively.

    I’d also like to see him play under Shurmur. McAdoo didn’t know how to handle him. Yea his attitude needs adjusting but I wouldn’t let a player like that go.

  8. #8
    Very Large Member BSBH Prospect
    Vodka Drunkenski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    14,714
    Rep Power
    137
    You don’t pay a WR that kind of money, trade him.
    Hidden Content

    Let's Go Rangers!

  9. #9
    ImagineAcceptingTheTruth BSBH Prospect
    Parsley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Philadelphia suburbs
    Posts
    10,704
    Rep Power
    102

    The Future for Odell Beckham Jr. as a NY GIANT

    Quote Originally Posted by Lt. Dan View Post
    This. He’s the only game breaker the Giants have and is capable of putting the team on his back offensively.

    I’d also like to see him play under Shurmur. McAdoo didn’t know how to handle him. Yea his attitude needs adjusting but I wouldn’t let a player like that go.
    So you pay him 25 mil per year now?


    Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

  10. #10
    ImagineAcceptingTheTruth BSBH Prospect
    Parsley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Philadelphia suburbs
    Posts
    10,704
    Rep Power
    102
    I just don’t think football is his top priority. Fame and $ are.


    Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

  11. #11
    HNIC BSBH Legend
    Pete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    75,732
    Rep Power
    490
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Bateman View Post
    There's no one in the league who can do the things he can do, he's a threat every single time he gets the ball to take it to the house. Other receivers can make similar catches but no one currently in the league is as big of a threat on short/intermediate throws as he is
    What's it's matter if team is bad?

  12. #12
    Senior Member Bantam Division lefty9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1,930
    Rep Power
    15
    i say trade him,julio jones and antonio brown are better receivers than beckman ,with out all the headaches

  13. #13
    ImagineAcceptingTheTruth BSBH Prospect
    Parsley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Philadelphia suburbs
    Posts
    10,704
    Rep Power
    102
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    What's it's matter if team is bad?
    Yup. This team is 3-4 years from being a threat again at a minimum. Eagles will own the division in the near term.


    Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

  14. #14
    ImagineAcceptingTheTruth BSBH Prospect
    Parsley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Philadelphia suburbs
    Posts
    10,704
    Rep Power
    102
    I’ll take Cleveland’s #4 and #33 picks. Thank you.


    Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

  15. #15
    Russian Meddling BSBH Rookie
    josh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    25,617
    Rep Power
    268
    Pay him

    Limit guaranteed amount as much as possible
    Lias Andersson for #AJT2019

  16. #16
    Keep your fkin head up BSBH Rookie
    Mike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    29,907
    Rep Power
    325
    Quote Originally Posted by Parsley View Post
    Something tells me younger fans (like yourself) are more in line with that thinking vs. aging fans like myself

    I’m interested to see what others here think as well. Fans or non-fans.


    Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk
    I’m 45, so like you, I grew up watching Lawrence Taylor. The same Lawrence Taylor that sniffed kilos of coke off of hookers’ tits his entire career and everyone knew it WITHOUT social media in the mix. This “distraction” shit is ridiculous. Who exactly is he distracting? The fans? When I see or hear at least 5-10 of his teammates complaining about him instead of Franky from Staten Island, then I’d consider trading him, until then, pay him.
    Hidden Content
    $1080 and counting

  17. #17
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ BSBH Prospect
    Patrick Bateman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    10,100
    Rep Power
    213
    Quote Originally Posted by Parsley View Post
    Yup. This team is 3-4 years from being a threat again at a minimum. Eagles will own the division in the near term.


    Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk
    Football is the easiest sport to turn it around from year to year. Teams go from the cellar to playoffs pretty frequently

    I mostly agree with not paying skill positions like WRs and RBs but I think someone like Odell is a different case entirely due to how dynamic he is. With an aging Eli, and potentially a young QB coming in someone like Odell provides a ton of value. If they had a top tier QB it would be different

    Just think to the Eagles game early last year. They were losing and came out in the second half and just decided to start lobbing it up to Odell and he made circus catch after circus catch, and they would have won the game if it wasn't for the Eagles kicking a record length field goal as time expired
    Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

    Regards,

    Patrick Bateman

    Sent from my iPhone

  18. #18
    Moderator Junior Division
    Future's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    6,720
    Rep Power
    136
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Bateman View Post
    Football is the easiest sport to turn it around from year to year. Teams go from the cellar to playoffs pretty frequently
    The Giants won't be able to though. If you're paying $40m to OBJ and Eli, you're not going to be able to build anything else, and they have holes at just about every spot on the roster. Even with OBJ on the field, they won't be able to run the football, pass protect, or stop anybody.

    If you're going to re-sign OBJ, then you trade Eli. If you think Eli can win still, then you trade OBJ. And let's not forget that the Giants offense was garbage the last time OBJ played. They went like 8 straight weeks failing to score 20 points from the end of 2016 and beginning of 2017.

    Are you talking about the Eagles week 3 last year? Because it was Shepard who went off. OBJ had 2 TDs but his long was only 14. Shepard had 7 for 133.

  19. #19
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ BSBH Prospect
    Patrick Bateman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    10,100
    Rep Power
    213
    Quote Originally Posted by Future View Post
    The Giants won't be able to though. If you're paying $40m to OBJ and Eli, you're not going to be able to build anything else, and they have holes at just about every spot on the roster. Even with OBJ on the field, they won't be able to run the football, pass protect, or stop anybody.

    If you're going to re-sign OBJ, then you trade Eli. If you think Eli can win still, then you trade OBJ. And let's not forget that the Giants offense was garbage the last time OBJ played. They went like 8 straight weeks failing to score 20 points from the end of 2016 and beginning of 2017.

    Are you talking about the Eagles week 3 last year? Because it was Shepard who went off. OBJ had 2 TDs but his long was only 14. Shepard had 7 for 133.
    The 2 TD catches Odell had were absolute circus catches in the end zone

    Also what's the expectation of what he signs for? It shouldn't be much more then what Mike Evans just signed for
    Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

    Regards,

    Patrick Bateman

    Sent from my iPhone

  20. #20
    ImagineAcceptingTheTruth BSBH Prospect
    Parsley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Philadelphia suburbs
    Posts
    10,704
    Rep Power
    102

    The Future for Odell Beckham Jr. as a NY GIANT

    I don’t care what Shurmur says this should be Eli’s last year. I guess they could resign OBJ, draft a rookie QB next month and roll with them together after this season. Maybe it comes down to $$$ and the Giants find a way to lower OBJ expectations for himself in terms of value.


    Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk
    Last edited by Parsley; 03-27-2018 at 10:23 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •