Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 41 to 59 of 59

Thread: Sam Rosen – May As Well Go "Full Rebuild"?

  1. #41
    Beer Leaguer Bantam Division
    SaveByRichter35's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    2,342
    Rep Power
    34
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranger Lothbrok View Post
    NOOOOO!!!! Never replace Sam. I don't care if he starts calling Henrik Brodeur by accident. He's the voice I grew up with, and as far as I'm concerned, he's got a lifelong contract until he decides to end it on his terms.

    Plus, while I would LOVE Kenny Albert to be the replacement, we all know they've been grooming Giannone for it. That's who we're gonna get saddled with, so I'd hang on to Sam for dear life until we can't anymore.
    Ugh fuck no, Giannone is awful.

  2. #42
    ImagineAcceptingTheTruth BSBH Prospect
    Parsley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Philadelphia suburbs
    Posts
    10,416
    Rep Power
    95
    Giannone, lol. Brutal.


    Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

  3. #43
    The Dolphin Whisperer BSBH Rookie
    Morphinity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    28,505
    Rep Power
    357
    I like Giannone a lot, especially as a person. But he's not good for play-by-play.

  4. #44
    If you ain't first, you're last! BSBH Legend
    Phil in Absentia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    83,885
    Rep Power
    394
    JG lacks the cadence that better sportscasters like Albert were born with.


    Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk
    Hidden Content

    "Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella


    "I've always said, I'd rather tame a tiger than paint stripes on a kitty cat."
    - Dean Lombardi


    "Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus, and the feeling that whatever
    you think you'e bound to be okay, because you're in the safely moral majority."

    - Christopher Hitchens

  5. #45
    Member Mite Division Worle Ranger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    31
    Rep Power
    2
    I agree - Giannone is dull to listen to in the play-by-play setting.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  6. #46
    Member Mite Division richterforever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    New Hartford N.Y.
    Posts
    96
    Rep Power
    7
    Top 3 choices for Sam's eventual replacement. 1) Gary Thorne 2) Gord Miller 3) Kenny Albert. Please NOT Giannone!!

  7. #47
    Formerly Richter Redux Midget Division
    Ranger Lothbrok's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    4,537
    Rep Power
    108
    I really think the job is probably Giannone's when Sam leaves, which is awful. Not only is the natural cadence off, the voice is completely wrong for it too. He could be screaming bloody murder when they score a goal and it's still not louder or any more exciting than Joe Micheletti's regular speaking tone. JG is a nice guy (met him in person at Monmouth Park Racetrack one summer a few years back), but he's just not meant for the gig. I wouldn't even want him doing color commentary.

  8. #48
    Senior Member Junior Division
    The Dude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    5,655
    Rep Power
    54
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranger Lothbrok View Post
    NOOOOO!!!! Never replace Sam. I don't care if he starts calling Henrik Brodeur by accident. He's the voice I grew up with, and as far as I'm concerned, he's got a lifelong contract until he decides to end it on his terms.

    Plus, while I would LOVE Kenny Albert to be the replacement, we all know they've been grooming Giannone for it. That's who we're gonna get saddled with, so I'd hang on to Sam for dear life until we can't anymore.
    This. Fuck Giannone. That guy has been here too long, as well as Trautwig. They're waiting for Sams job or something else. I can't stand them,

    Sam deserves the Messier treatment. Hes the Rangers Ralph Kiner. Here until he dies, even if he has absolutely no clue what hes saying.

  9. #49
    Senior Member Squirt Division
    Ozzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Suffolk County, NY
    Posts
    471
    Rep Power
    18
    Giannone = snooze fest

    ....Kinda makes me remember how good Jim Gordon was back in the day......and of course Marv!!!

  10. #50
    Senior Member Bantam Division paddynyc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Bronx, New York
    Posts
    2,251
    Rep Power
    14
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozzy View Post
    Giannone = snooze fest

    ....Kinda makes me remember how good Jim Gordon was back in the day......and of course Marv!!!
    Jim Gordon and Bill Chadwick were my favorites.
    "Meet me later in the gymnasium, next to the dumbbells... you'll know me, I got a hat on."
    Curly

  11. #51
    Beer Leaguer Bantam Division
    SaveByRichter35's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    2,342
    Rep Power
    34
    There is no way Giannone get it. They have to know how awful he is on the air. He's perfectly fine in the role he has now. Leave him there.

  12. #52
    Team Win BSBH Rookie
    josh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    23,820
    Rep Power
    226
    In the same sense, wouldn't they know how awful Sam is?

  13. #53
    Member Mite Division zman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    68
    Rep Power
    2
    Gary thorne? Thats great, i miss those epsn games. I can still here him in my head "Do you believe it, do you believe it?"

  14. #54
    Beer Leaguer Bantam Division
    SaveByRichter35's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    2,342
    Rep Power
    34
    Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    In the same sense, wouldn't they know how awful Sam is?
    The difference is he wasn't always awful. He's getting bad with old age, big difference.

  15. #55
    Senior Member Bantam Division
    4EverRangerFrank's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    1,309
    Rep Power
    26
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    "This one will last a lifetime."
    This line haunted me when I first heard it and it still bothers me. WTF? It definitely has two meanings - and I don’t like the second one!! Major gaff IMO.

    I think we’ve begun to see Sam slowly heading for the exit. Travel games have become more and more Sam-less and I think that will prove to be the case again next season. He’ll take a trip to someplace warm now and again in the dead of winter but he ain’t going to Calgary or Ottowa or Edmonton when it’s colder than a witche’s tit!!

    Step away on his own terms and bring in Ken and/or Dave. I like our crew. Even John Giannone is ok in small doses. MSG has to get Al Trautwig some new teeth or get him off TV. Sorry to say it this way, but he looks like a horse with mouth disease.

    Where’s the Big Whistle when we need him?

  16. #56
    HNIC BSBH Legend
    Pete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    75,282
    Rep Power
    459
    Quote Originally Posted by 4EverRangerFrank View Post
    This line haunted me when I first heard it and it still bothers me. WTF? It definitely has two meanings - and I don’t like the second one!! Major gaff IMO.

    I think we’ve begun to see Sam slowly heading for the exit. Travel games have become more and more Sam-less and I think that will prove to be the case again next season. He’ll take a trip to someplace warm now and again in the dead of winter but he ain’t going to Calgary or Ottowa or Edmonton when it’s colder than a witche’s tit!!

    Step away on his own terms and bring in Ken and/or Dave. I like our crew. Even John Giannone is ok in small doses. MSG has to get Al Trautwig some new teeth or get him off TV. Sorry to say it this way, but he looks like a horse with mouth disease.

    Where’s the Big Whistle when we need him?
    The only game Sam doesn't do is when he's doing football on Sundays. He'll skip a Friday night game or a Saturday night game if he's traveling to a football destination.

  17. #57
    Very Large Member BSBH Prospect
    Vodka Drunkenski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    13,841
    Rep Power
    116
    I think Albert will take over for Sam eventually and LaGreca will take over radio duties although I think he’s not very good. But him on the radio is much better than Gianonne on the TV.
    Hidden Content

    Let's Go Rangers!

  18. #58
    Senior Member Junior Division
    BlairBettsBlocksEverything's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    6,000
    Rep Power
    66
    Quote Originally Posted by richterforever View Post
    Top 3 choices for Sam's eventual replacement. 1) Gary Thorne 2) Gord Miller 3) Kenny Albert. Please NOT Giannone!!
    I doubt Gord Miller would come here when he's already does TSN + NBC games and world juniors. But I would love it. I think he's my favorite announcer in the game right now. Him and Chris Cuthbert are the two best
    __________________________________

  19. #59
    Senior Member Squirt Division
    Ozzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Suffolk County, NY
    Posts
    471
    Rep Power
    18
    Quote Originally Posted by BlairBettsBlocksEverything View Post
    I doubt Gord Miller would come here when he's already does TSN + NBC games and world juniors. But I would love it. I think he's my favorite announcer in the game right now. Him and Chris Cuthbert are the two best
    Now that's an interesting thought!!! I'd like that myself. I know Sam's a legend and all that shit, but come on....If I screwed up at my job like he does on a nightly basis, I'd be out on my ass. Yeah, he's done it for years, and yeah he's been the voice of the team, but for Christ sake, he's 5 seconds behind the play, misses obvious mistakes, doesn't comment on obvious Ranger mistakes.

    He's a homer, sure...I get that too, but good christ

    ...IT HIT THE POST!!! Didn't you hear the fucking "DING!!!", Sam????

    ...this season has just been a shit show and I just wanna see them run this whole pile of shit to the curb! Including Mr. "This one's gonna last a Lifetime!"....yeah well it's probably gonna at this rate!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •