• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Recall [F] Filip Chytil & [F] Lias Andersson from Hartford

Shane Falco

OFFICIAL: #NYR have recalled forwards Lias Andersson and Filip Chytil from @WolfPackAHL.

Andersson, 19, was selected seventh overall, in the 2017 NHL Draft.

Chytil, 18, was selected 21st overall, in the 2017 NHL Draft.

Together we welcome @liasandersson and @filip_chytil.

/photo/1

just watched the Rangers call up interviews.

Maaaaaaaaaaaaaan, Chytil is going to have Steve Buscemi level lazy eyes.

I'm willing to call it a feature of his skill set at this point. Explains how he sees the ice so well.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-iY6G4ue1ZKE/VL348bR7YeI/AAAAAAAAWow/4oa-6K5Rx9w/s1600/mr_deeds.jpg IvFjDsS.png

:tweet: @MattCalamia AV said Chytil will center Hayes and Zuccarello, while Andersson will skate between Vesey and Spooner. Namestnikov with Buchnevich and McLeod. Zibanejad line stays same. #NYR

That's kind of what I expected. Can't break up that top line. I think AV likes having Namestnikov with Buchnevich. With Chtyil and Andersson, if you're going to give the kids a look, it should be in comfortable roles for them. I don't love shifting Hayes to the wing, but I get it. Andersson with Vesey and Spooner is significanlty better than having him play with Namesnikov and McLeod.

They should be on the 4th line.

It's a 7 game cameo. Let them ride with McLeod and see what the league is really like.

Their production over these 7 games means nothing.

We learn very little about them if they’re on the 4th line with a guy who can barely skate.

Really happy AV has had a bit of a shuffle to see what these guys can do alongside proper players.

Saying they won't be on the power play because the power play has been good is decreeing it. At this point it doesn't matter if the power plays good, it's far more important to see if they are productive power play players.

Saying they won't be on the power play because the power play has been good is decreeing it. At this point it doesn't matter if the power plays good, it's far more important to see if they are productive power play players.

Agreed. Put them in all scenarios. We're not trying to win the last 7 games. We're seeing what we have.

Archived