Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: Most Disappointing TV Series' of All-Time

  1. #1
    If you ain't first, you're last! BSBH Legend
    Phil in Absentia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    84,342
    Rep Power
    404

    Most Disappointing TV Series' of All-Time

    Plural.

    Chris (Mr. Smith) and I were talking about it this morning.

    Off the top of my head mine include: Prison Break, The Following, and The Leftovers, which was so bad I couldn't even bring myself to watch the second and third seasons.

    Also, House of Cards and The Newsroom.

    Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk
    Hidden Content

    "Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella


    "I've always said, I'd rather tame a tiger than paint stripes on a kitty cat."
    - Dean Lombardi


    "Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus, and the feeling that whatever
    you think you'e bound to be okay, because you're in the safely moral majority."

    - Christopher Hitchens

  2. #2
    Keep your fkin head up BSBH Veteran
    Mike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    30,048
    Rep Power
    325
    AV Squad
    Hidden Content
    $1080 and counting

  3. #3
    The artist formerly known as Mr. Smith Junior Division
    High and Wide's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    6,236
    Rep Power
    92
    You didn’t even finish the first season of the Leftovers, but I digress.

    NBC’s Revolution was a big one for me, given the current rise in post-apocalyptic/technology type shows.

    Boardwalk Empire is probably the most disappointing given it was phenomenal for two seasons, and even three was solid and then it just dropped off completely.


    Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk
    Hidden Content

    Did everything just taste purple for a second?

  4. #4
    Russian Meddling BSBH Rookie
    josh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    24,274
    Rep Power
    238
    Girl meets world
    Lias Andersson for #AJT2019

  5. #5
    If you ain't first, you're last! BSBH Legend
    Phil in Absentia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    84,342
    Rep Power
    404

    Most Disappointing TV Series' of All-Time

    Quote Originally Posted by High and Wide View Post
    You didn’t even finish the first season of the Leftovers, but I digress.

    NBC’s Revolution was a big one for me, given the current rise in post-apocalyptic/technology type shows.

    Boardwalk Empire is probably the most disappointing given it was phenomenal for two seasons, and even three was solid and then it just dropped off completely.


    Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk
    I did too finish it. The house fire. I wish they'd burned the series in it. Meta self immolation.


    Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk
    Hidden Content

    "Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella


    "I've always said, I'd rather tame a tiger than paint stripes on a kitty cat."
    - Dean Lombardi


    "Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus, and the feeling that whatever
    you think you'e bound to be okay, because you're in the safely moral majority."

    - Christopher Hitchens

  6. #6
    The artist formerly known as Mr. Smith Junior Division
    High and Wide's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    6,236
    Rep Power
    92
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil in Absentia View Post
    I did too finish it. The house fire. I wish they'd burned the series in it. Meta self immolation.


    Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk





    Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk
    Hidden Content

    Did everything just taste purple for a second?

  7. #7
    Russian Meddling BSBH Rookie
    josh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    24,274
    Rep Power
    238
    Here's the list youve all been waiting for:

    Games of Thrones
    Breaking Bad
    American Horror Story
    Better Call Saul
    Making a Murderer
    Lias Andersson for #AJT2019

  8. #8
    //reported Junior Division
    phillyb™'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    8,704
    Rep Power
    77
    Lost's ending ruined it for me.
    Dexter as well. Fucking hated the ending. I hate Deb.
    LGR!

  9. #9
    Senior Member Junior Division
    The Dude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    5,825
    Rep Power
    59
    Preacher
    Preacher
    Preacher

  10. #10
    Senior Member Bantam Division Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,411
    Rep Power
    16
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil in Absentia View Post
    Plural.

    Chris (Mr. Smith) and I were talking about it this morning.

    Off the top of my head mine include: Prison Break, The Following, and The Leftovers, which was so bad I couldn't even bring myself to watch the second and third seasons.

    Also, House of Cards and The Newsroom.

    Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk
    Seriously? Best series I've ever watched. Except season 5, that was just horrible.

  11. #11
    If you ain't first, you're last! BSBH Legend
    Phil in Absentia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    84,342
    Rep Power
    404
    Yes. I loved the first three seasons. The close to the series was horrible. Hence disappointing. I could rewatch the first three seasons on repeat without issue.


    Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk
    Hidden Content

    "Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella


    "I've always said, I'd rather tame a tiger than paint stripes on a kitty cat."
    - Dean Lombardi


    "Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus, and the feeling that whatever
    you think you'e bound to be okay, because you're in the safely moral majority."

    - Christopher Hitchens

  12. #12
    Beer Leaguer Bantam Division
    SaveByRichter35's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    2,409
    Rep Power
    35
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil in Absentia View Post
    Yes. I loved the first three seasons. The close to the series was horrible. Hence disappointing. I could rewatch the first three seasons on repeat without issue.


    Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk
    Agreed. First few seasons were great. They really rode that show out way too long.

  13. #13
    If you ain't first, you're last! BSBH Legend
    Phil in Absentia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    84,342
    Rep Power
    404
    Right into the ground.


    Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk
    Hidden Content

    "Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella


    "I've always said, I'd rather tame a tiger than paint stripes on a kitty cat."
    - Dean Lombardi


    "Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus, and the feeling that whatever
    you think you'e bound to be okay, because you're in the safely moral majority."

    - Christopher Hitchens

  14. #14
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ BSBH Prospect
    Patrick Bateman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    10,222
    Rep Power
    211
    Deadwood
    Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

    Regards,

    Patrick Bateman

    Sent from my iPhone

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •