• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

How Lundqvist is Dealing with the Season That Won't End

Shane Falco

?Nothing has changed,? he said. ?I haven?t talked to [management], I haven?t analyzed everything or asked too many questions. I just want to finish this season the best I can.

?I also want to believe that we can be a competitive team in the fall and build off that. I think we can be.?

In regards to AV calling him out:

?It came up once between us,? Lundqvist said Monday. ?I understand his angle, sort of. When I look back on my season, the first half I felt as good as I had in years. I felt really sharp. But then as a team when we started to go left and right, my game wasn?t as consistent for a couple of weeks. So he definitely had a point about that. Beyond that, we can leave it there.?

https://nypost.com/2018/03/12/how-henrik-lundqvist-is-dealing-with-the-season-that-wont-end/

I don't think much of anything he says will come as a surprise to anyone here.

When I look back on my season, the first half I felt as good as I had in years. I felt really sharp. But then as a team when we started to go left and right, my game wasn’t as consistent for a couple of weeks. So he definitely had a point about that. Beyond that, we can leave it there.”

“When you know you’re going to get maybe 30 scoring chances against, you wind up trying to do too much even though you have it in your mind not to,” he said. “A lot of times, you don’t give up goals on the big chances but on routine ones because you’ve gotten out of your plan.

This should come as a massive surprise to those who think that Henrik is done, physically.

biggest issue moving forward is how consistently lundqvist can play great. some rough stretches this season. he likes a high workload but maybe more rest would help his performance.

Small sample size but Georgiev is playing like a capable backup... for now.

I definitely think resting him would help going forward.

Small sample size but Georgiev is playing like a capable backup... for now.

I definitely think resting him would help going forward.

Agreed, resting him next year might help. For the rest of the season, I'd like to see a lot of Georgiev, he's impressed me so far. Gives us a better idea of what he is capable of. Could potentially be trade bait like Talbot if he proves himself - or could play a larger role as Lundqvist plays fewer games.

Agreed, resting him next year might help. For the rest of the season, I'd like to see a lot of Georgiev, he's impressed me so far. Gives us a better idea of what he is capable of. Could potentially be trade bait like Talbot if he proves himself - or could play a larger role as Lundqvist plays fewer games.

There’s 12 games left, even if he plays 8 of them (which I’m sure he won’t), it still wouldn’t be nearly enough for a sample size to get a return worth anything in a trade. Talbot taking over for Hank on a cup contender isn’t on the same planet as a guy getting pt on a team without a realistic chance at the playoffs with 3 weeks left.

There’s 12 games left, even if he plays 8 of them (which I’m sure he won’t), it still wouldn’t be nearly enough for a sample size to get a return worth anything in a trade. Talbot taking over for Hank on a cup contender isn’t on the same planet as a guy getting pt on a team without a realistic chance at the playoffs with 3 weeks left.

Right, I should have been more clear with what I said. The Rangers can get a better idea about how they feel about Georgiev if he plays more this season, but the end of next season would be the earliest that he could have enough games to showcase him or get a better feel for his abilities.

Archived