Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: [RS] (#70) New York Rangers vs Carolina Hurricanes // Rock 'em like a Hurricane

Pain heals. Chicks dig scars BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey37 View Post
    6 on 5 is a lot of bodies in the zone. If a guy buries one from 175’, so be it. Any clear would be an icing, I’d take it. But yeah, 3:00 is too much.
    I could be way off on this, but sometimes I take it as the coach telling the team to go fuck themselves for their play.

Keep your fkin head up BSBH Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Lt. Dan View Post
    I could be way off on this, but sometimes I take it as the coach telling the team to go fuck themselves for their play.
    Down by 1 with a few minutes left isn’t really the spot to send a message, lol. And it wasn’t really the team, it was the goalie himself. They would have been better off playing with 6 from the start of the 2nd. I’ve threatened the bench before that I’d pull the goalie and play with 6, in the 1st period.
    Hidden Content
    $1080 and counting

Senior Member Bantam Division Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc's Avatar
    Is it even mathematically possible to reach the playoff? 12 games left, 9 points up (Devils one game in hand). We have to surpass 4 teams (including Florida with 6 more points and 3 games in hand).

Time to give up and pray for a 12 game losing streak.

HNIC BSBH Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by LONG TIME FAN View Post
    Hooray for mediocrity!

//reported Junior Division
    Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    Probably should have gone with the Namestnikov jersey instead of O'Gara.

Why is Kreider grabbing the puck??
    I was wondering the same thing about this goal. What did he think happened?
    Who's milestone was it?
    It seemed like he wanted to grab the puck, then looked around and saw who was on the ice, and didn't. Idk, I saw that too though.
    LGR!

Senior Member Mite Division LarryBiv's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ThirtyONE View Post
    When was the last PP that the other team didn't touch the puck? I mean christ 3 minutes left? You're hoping for a miracle. It's just bad clock management.
    Darn right. It's too much time. You're sending a VERY BAD message to your team.......that you think you're team isn't good enough to tie the game at even strength. I can somewhat understand 2 minutes, but 3? Ridiculous. But.....OTH.....

Follow me here. There IS a psychological thing involved here though. If your team gives up the goal and makes it a 2 goal difference with say 2 1/2 minutes left, the opposing team now thinks they have won the game. They let down, and then it becomes 1 again. Major, major momentum change and could send that team reeling. Instead of everything being status quo.
    Just saying.

//reported Junior Division
    Quote Originally Posted by LarryBiv View Post
    Darn right. It's too much time. You're sending a VERY BAD message to your team.......that you think you're team isn't good enough to tie the game at even strength. I can somewhat understand 2 minutes, but 3? Ridiculous. But.....OTH.....

Follow me here. There IS a psychological thing involved here though. If your team gives up the goal and makes it a 2 goal difference with say 2 1/2 minutes left, the opposing team now thinks they have won the game. They let down, and then it becomes 1 again. Major, major momentum change and could send that team reeling. Instead of everything being status quo.
    Just saying.
    ...yes, we've all seen the Rangers in the playoffs. lol.

I'd like to find stats on teams pulling their G and scoring. I'm willing to bet it doesn't happen very often in 1 goal games, let alone 2 goal games. I understand it's a strategy that's been around forever, but the risk of going down 2-3 seems to prevail so much more than the reward of tying the game.

Then again, you could be the Bruins
    LGR!

Moderator Junior Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Lt. Dan View Post
    I thought a coach did that by not pulling the goalie lol

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456