Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Rangers Kreider for Oilers Klefbom Serves Both Teams

Senior Member Midget Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatfrancesa View Post
    Why do you say that? He’s 19. He’s played 70 something games at this point. He’s still an elite prospect who was top 5 pick behind guys who are absolute stars. His bottom is going to be a 20 goal guy with 60 or so points. Plus he’s already defensively sound and he’s a large kid who skates extremely well. He checks every box. Bouchard and Boqvist are great prospects but Puljujärvi would rate higher than both during his draft year. Admittedly I’ve seen some bit very little of those two compared to Puljujärvi but it seems like sometimes people just like the new more unknown toy. Have you really seen them that much or going by write ups on them. Because if you go back to Puljujärvi draft he was at one point challenging Matthews for number 1. He was rated ahead of Dubois and only at the last moment did Laine surpass him after the world championships. He of course hasn’t developed as quickly as those guys but a lot of that is due to what he is. Laine is a sniper who can flat out shoot the puck without peers. Matthews is a generational guy. Dubois is good but probably ends up the fourth guy behind Puljujärvi. Puljujärvi is a complete guy. A top 6 guy who is very good in his own end. He’s 19 probably not available but if he was Chiarelli would be again be ridiculed if he traded him. He should absolutely be targeted as the price for Kreider. To be honest I’d be ok with a straight up swap.

Then you can take either of those dmen with our first pick. Then everyone is happy
    Puljujarvi was neck and neck with Laine that draft year, in the hype department, but I thought there was a big difference. I liked Matt Tkachuk more too, but I have a bias for some of the Hunter kids with the London Knights. I was super high on Marner here. Tkachuk the following year and Bouchard is the best player on the Knights this year and is underrated, though he is starting to climb. So I've followed him, WJC and a few of the college kids like Brady Tkachuk and Hughes.

I think this year's draft will be among the best for top end dmen. In 2015 you had Hanifin at #5, Provorov at #7 and Werenski at #8. Expect the same type of dmen (maybe more and better) drafted in the top ten this year. It might even rival the 2008 draft of dmen.

As for Puljujarvi, I've watched him in Edm and been surprised how disappointing his play has been. I haven't noticed him as a defensive standout, but he's been anemic on O and not physically imposing in his play. He probably should have been developed better and not thrown into the fire immediately. Who knows, but I'd rather have Edm's pick or Kreids than jarvi. We'll see how he does next year.

Senior Member Pee-Wee Division
    I’d like to have their pick too but that is highly unlikely to be moved at all no less for Kreider.

Senior Member Mite Division LarryBiv's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatfrancesa View Post
    Why do you say that? He’s 19. He’s played 70 something games at this point. He’s still an elite prospect who was top 5 pick behind guys who are absolute stars. His bottom is going to be a 20 goal guy with 60 or so points. Plus he’s already defensively sound and he’s a large kid who skates extremely well. He checks every box. Bouchard and Boqvist are great prospects but Puljujärvi would rate higher than both during his draft year. Admittedly I’ve seen some bit very little of those two compared to Puljujärvi but it seems like sometimes people just like the new more unknown toy. Have you really seen them that much or going by write ups on them. Because if you go back to Puljujärvi draft he was at one point challenging Matthews for number 1. He was rated ahead of Dubois and only at the last moment did Laine surpass him after the world championships. He of course hasn’t developed as quickly as those guys but a lot of that is due to what he is. Laine is a sniper who can flat out shoot the puck without peers. Matthews is a generational guy. Dubois is good but probably ends up the fourth guy behind Puljujärvi. Puljujärvi is a complete guy. A top 6 guy who is very good in his own end. He’s 19 probably not available but if he was Chiarelli would be again be ridiculed if he traded him. He should absolutely be targeted as the price for Kreider. To be honest I’d be ok with a straight up swap.

Then you can take either of those dmen with our first pick. Then everyone is happy
    Yeah FF, somehow someway I'd love to have Puljujärvi AND keep Kreids. I don't know how that would happen, but if the whole league is fleecing Chirelli, then why can't we? Thing is, if everyone in Edmonton KNOWS their main issue is mostly lack of scoring, why would they trade HIM of all people. Damn, he is 19? Why did they rush him?.....seems they rush everyone.

Senior Member Mite Division LarryBiv's Avatar
    Lol@Giacomin. Didn't see your post till after I posted my last one. You said the same thing I did in your last paragraph, about rushing the kid. Again, lol.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123