• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Brad Marchand is at it Again...

Mike

Why would you want to root for a player who actively goes out of his way to injure other players? I like guys who are physical and play on the edge, I have 0 patience for guys who actively look to injure others.

I wouldn't. I'd be rooting for the coaching staff and organization to tame him to walk the line and cross it only occasionally.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

I wouldn't. I'd be rooting for the coaching staff and organization to tame him to walk the line and cross it only occasionally.

"only occasionally" slewfoot another player. Ok.

Players should never be crossing the line. They're grown ass men. For someone who wants to grow the NHL brand and better market players, you, of all people, should be totally against Marchand.

And as someone who has watched other leagues and sports/entertainment properties reach marketing prominence by selling villainy, I want the NHL to follow suit.

Conor McGregor. Dennis Rodman. Brock Lesnar. John McEnroe. Mike Tyson.

Being a villain doesn't have to disqualify someone from being in the conversation about the best the sport has to offer.

And as someone who has watched other leagues and sports/entertainment properties reach marketing prominence by selling villainy, I want the NHL to follow suit.

Conor McGregor. Dennis Rodman. Brock Lesnar. John McEnroe. Mike Tyson.

Being a villain doesn't have to disqualify someone from being in the conversation about the best the sport has to offer.

Fine - even though I think comparing the NHL to fight sports is a huge reach, especially since neither the UFC or boxing are growing. The NBA and NFL avoid marketing these guys like the plague.

But Marchand isn't a villain. He's a coward, a cheap shot artist who tries to injure opponents. He's poison. His persona on the ice is exactly the same as Matt Cooke, the only difference is that the NHL is scared to do anything.

Fine - even though I think comparing the NHL to fight sports is a huge reach, especially since neither the UFC or boxing are growing. The NBA and NFL avoid marketing these guys like the plague.

But Marchand isn't a villain. He's a coward, a cheap shot artist who tries to injure opponents. He's poison. His persona on the ice is exactly the same as Matt Cooke, the only difference is that the NHL is scared to do anything.

Matt Cooke wasn’t a ppg player

Archived