Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rangers Face Tough Question on Ryan Spooner’s Future

If you ain't first, you're last! BSBH Legend
    Even if all of that is true, none of it is an adequate reason from walking away from talented players.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk
    Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"I've always said, I'd rather tame a tiger than paint stripes on a kitty cat."
    - Dean Lombardi

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus, and the feeling that whatever
    you think you'e bound to be okay, because you're in the safely moral majority."

- Christopher Hitchens

Russian Meddling BSBH Rookie
    I said if you are looking at Spooner, long-term, as a 3rd liner - some shit needs to change or its worthless.
    Lias Andersson for #AJT2019

Russian Meddling BSBH Rookie
    I actually thought the headline was going to be a play on words prior to reading some of the article.
    Lias Andersson for #AJT2019

Senior Member Pee-Wee Division
    Pass on spooner. If anything one year bridge make him earn it. Way to much on the perimeter for me on a team full of that shit

Senior Member Midget Division
    Good piece Phil. If Spooner attracts a lot of interest in the off season, he could be a good trade asset. I hit on the idea that trading either Zuc or Spoons in the thread I started today. Might be the best way to go, if it nets us a real building block.

I fine keeping Spooner too, since he was good with the B's when he was healthy. He has more offensive upside in him. He fits very well with Fast and Hayes because they compliment him with their D and Fast's board work. If we resign him, 3 or 4 years can work. Two makes little sense. Four is fine if he is at 3.5 to 3.8. With no clauses he will be a movable asset anyway. Wrapping him up for his 4 best years, might be the best strategy. Spooner is not some meh 3rd liner, he has nice talent.

If you ain't first, you're last! BSBH Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Giacomin View Post
    Good piece Phil. If Spooner attracts a lot of interest in the off season, he could be a good trade asset. I hit on the idea that trading either Zuc or Spoons in the thread I started today. Might be the best way to go, if it nets us a real building block.

I fine keeping Spooner too, since he was good with the B's when he was healthy. He has more offensive upside in him. He fits very well with Fast and Hayes because they compliment him with their D and Fast's board work. If we resign him, 3 or 4 years can work. Two makes little sense. Four is fine if he is at 3.5 to 3.8. With no clauses he will be a movable asset anyway. Wrapping him up for his 4 best years, might be the best strategy. Spooner is not some meh 3rd liner, he has nice talent.
    I dunno. I'm firmly comfortable at three. That extra year might begin to tread on the entry points for players like Howden, and other forwards coming through the pipe right now.
    Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"I've always said, I'd rather tame a tiger than paint stripes on a kitty cat."
    - Dean Lombardi

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus, and the feeling that whatever
    you think you'e bound to be okay, because you're in the safely moral majority."

- Christopher Hitchens

Formerly Dru23 BSBH Prospect
    I would keep him, give him a manageable 4 year deal. This team has no one knocking on the door to take his spot, and we are lacking top 6 depth in the system. If we can draft someone now, by the time his contract expires, they will be ready to step in. This team needs some top 6 prospects badly.

Senior Member Bantam Division
    No we don't?

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile...ed by Tapatalk
    __________________________________________________ ________________________________________

BSBH #1 Shitposter
    Hidden Content

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12