Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast
Results 241 to 260 of 284

Thread: [RS] (#68) Wolf Pack at Tampa Bay Lightning // Awkward Family Reunion Pt. 1

  1. #241
    swamped Midget Division
    fletch's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Too far from MSG
    Posts
    4,080
    Rep Power
    78
    agreed, its not lack of effort. not enough talent. we'll work on that
    "We're all f*cked. It helps to remember that." - George Carlin

    "How many Cups you've got?" - Esa Tikkanen

    "Hatred can keep you warm when you run out of liquor" - Ray Ratto, Dan Patrick show 1/20/2017

  2. #242
    Member Mite Division zman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    74
    Rep Power
    2
    agree on the young guys. It's looks to me like they're playing hard. Just getting outclassed most games by the better teams. I'd like to say i'd rather see a young team play real hard and lose than a skilled team only play half assed and win, but that would never be true.

  3. #243
    Senior Member BSBH Prospect
    ThirtyONE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    10,502
    Rep Power
    95
    Certain players are proving they're NHL players. Others are not. It's a good barometer. I'd expect DeAngelo to be the only defenseman that makes the cut from the motley crew they're currently icing on defense. Spooner, Hayes and Vesey are doing well. Management is definitely taking note of all this.

    Next season they have to do a better job of penciling players into certain roles. Everyone has to earn it. Zib being "handed" the #1 role was a mistake. Hayes being "handed" the #2 role was a mistake. Have enough talent in camp to push the guys who are assumed positions.
    GORTON 2020

  4. #244
    Senior Member Squirt Division jsrangers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    292
    Rep Power
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey37 View Post
    If you told me the Rangers would pot 3 tonight, I’d think they’d at least get into OT.
    With this D against a top offense, maybe someday.

    Sent from my [device_name] using http://Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile...ed by Tapatalk

  5. #245
    Senior Member Squirt Division jsrangers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    292
    Rep Power
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey37 View Post
    The young guys are trying to win. They’re trying to stick in the show. If they’re losing, it’s not from lack of effort.
    Purely a total lack of skill not effort.

    Sent from my [device_name] using http://Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile...ed by Tapatalk

  6. #246
    If you ain't first, you're last! BSBH Legend
    Phil in Absentia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    84,333
    Rep Power
    404
    Quote Originally Posted by ThirtyONE View Post
    Certain players are proving they're NHL players. Others are not. It's a good barometer. I'd expect DeAngelo to be the only defenseman that makes the cut from the motley crew they're currently icing on defense. Spooner, Hayes and Vesey are doing well. Management is definitely taking note of all this.

    Next season they have to do a better job of penciling players into certain roles. Everyone has to earn it. Zib being "handed" the #1 role was a mistake. Hayes being "handed" the #2 role was a mistake. Have enough talent in camp to push the guys who are assumed positions.
    Yup. You always want your young guys taking a job from a veteran ahead of them. Always.
    Hidden Content

    "Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella


    "I've always said, I'd rather tame a tiger than paint stripes on a kitty cat."
    - Dean Lombardi


    "Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus, and the feeling that whatever
    you think you'e bound to be okay, because you're in the safely moral majority."

    - Christopher Hitchens

  7. #247
    Senior Member Mite Division Blueshirts1926's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    240
    Rep Power
    2
    Love Zuc post game “This is the difference of a top team vs bottom team

  8. #248
    Senior Member Junior Division
    Myusername's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    7,840
    Rep Power
    42
    All things considered this could have been worse

    I'm not one for tanking as it makes the team unwatchable, but I really do think it might be in our best interest given how insanely good the draft class is this season. Any of the projected top 5 picks this in this draft may have gone 1st overall in a weaker draft. We land a guy like Boqvist and our defense will look very different in just a year or two. If we get even luckier a guy like Zadina or Svechnikov will completely revamp this offense.

    Sadly, knowing the Rangers we'll probably move down and end up reaching for someone again

  9. #249
    Senior Member Bantam Division
    4EverRangerFrank's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    1,353
    Rep Power
    26
    We have opportunity as opposed to not having that option. Opportunity can yield rewards. I’m happy and excited for our future.

  10. #250
    Senior Member Bantam Division NYRangers723's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    2,013
    Rep Power
    15
    Cant knock our guys...they are playing hard. We are playing a lot of AHL level talent along with some young kids who may have bright futures but lack experience right now. I know fans hate to lose but this will help us get a better player in the draft

  11. #251
    Senior Member Bantam Division NYRangers723's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    2,013
    Rep Power
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by Myusername View Post
    All things considered this could have been worse

    I'm not one for tanking as it makes the team unwatchable, but I really do think it might be in our best interest given how insanely good the draft class is this season. Any of the projected top 5 picks this in this draft may have gone 1st overall in a weaker draft. We land a guy like Boqvist and our defense will look very different in just a year or two. If we get even luckier a guy like Zadina or Svechnikov will completely revamp this offense.

    Sadly, knowing the Rangers we'll probably move down and end up reaching for someone again
    our drafting has actually been real good the past 10 years considering the lack of picks and the fact that we were always in playoffs. The only guy we "reached" for was mcilrath which was a head scratcher at the time.

  12. #252
    Senior Member Bantam Division lefty9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1,848
    Rep Power
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by Myusername View Post
    All things considered this could have been worse

    I'm not one for tanking as it makes the team unwatchable, but I really do think it might be in our best interest given how insanely good the draft class is this season. Any of the projected top 5 picks this in this draft may have gone 1st overall in a weaker draft. We land a guy like Boqvist and our defense will look very different in just a year or two. If we get even luckier a guy like Zadina or Svechnikov will completely revamp this offense.

    Sadly, knowing the Rangers we'll probably move down and end up reaching for someone again
    I don't think the rangers will trade down for extra pick,if anything they will move up to get in the top five

  13. #253
    Shawcappella BSBH Prospect
    Drew a Penalty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    13,961
    Rep Power
    133
    Quote Originally Posted by NYRangers723 View Post
    our drafting has actually been real good the past 10 years considering the lack of picks and the fact that we were always in playoffs. The only guy we "reached" for was mcilrath which was a head scratcher at the time.
    This is false. The Rangers have been absolutely mediocre when it comes to drafting. It's carryover from when they were actually good at it. They're bottom of the league when it comes to having picks develop into players.

  14. #254
    Senior Member Bantam Division lefty9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1,848
    Rep Power
    15
    Let's hope with last year draft it started the change

  15. #255
    Senior Member Bantam Division NYRangers723's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    2,013
    Rep Power
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew a Penalty View Post
    This is false. The Rangers have been absolutely mediocre when it comes to drafting. It's carryover from when they were actually good at it. They're bottom of the league when it comes to having picks develop into players.
    i mean its not like i said they were great at it. I meant when they had firsts they usually did ok. Kreider in 09 miller in 11 and Skjei in 2012. I think you misunderstood what i meant

  16. #256
    HNIC BSBH Legend
    Pete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    75,435
    Rep Power
    473
    Quote Originally Posted by NYRangers723 View Post
    i mean its not like i said they were great at it. I meant when they had firsts they usually did ok. Kreider in 09 miller in 11 and Skjei in 2012. I think you misunderstood what i meant
    Weren't you just bashing Miller in another thread?

  17. #257
    Shawcappella BSBH Prospect
    Drew a Penalty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    13,961
    Rep Power
    133
    Quote Originally Posted by NYRangers723 View Post
    i mean its not like i said they were great at it. I meant when they had firsts they usually did ok. Kreider in 09 miller in 11 and Skjei in 2012. I think you misunderstood what i meant
    You said they've done well considering the lack of draft picks. The Rangers have had two firsts in the last five years. Why are we only judging them on their ability to draft in the first round where it's objectively the easiest to get guaranteed NHL talent? Even if we want to judge them on first rounders over the last ten years you get Del Zotto, Kreider, McIlrath, Miller, Skjei, Andersson and Chytil. Maybe Chytil and Andersson will change things up, but they mostly swing and miss by trying to outsmart everyone else. In most other areas of the draft they've been awful. A Buchnevich every now and then doesn't make you good if the only other prospects you can produce are more Jesper Fasts and Boo Nieves.

  18. #258
    Russian Meddling BSBH Rookie
    josh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    24,265
    Rep Power
    238
    usually ok isnt good enough. We've done well drafting. Still dont have a "steal" or a guy that developed into a top player.
    Lias Andersson for #AJT2019

  19. #259
    Senior Member Junior Division
    BlairBettsBlocksEverything's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    6,008
    Rep Power
    66
    totally spaced and missed this game. But I guess that's the upside of tanking. it's ok to do other stuff and forget about hockey for a little bit.
    __________________________________

  20. #260
    HNIC BSBH Legend
    Pete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    75,435
    Rep Power
    473
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew a Penalty View Post
    You said they've done well considering the lack of draft picks. The Rangers have had two firsts in the last five years. Why are we only judging them on their ability to draft in the first round where it's objectively the easiest to get guaranteed NHL talent? Even if we want to judge them on first rounders over the last ten years you get Del Zotto, Kreider, McIlrath, Miller, Skjei, Andersson and Chytil. Maybe Chytil and Andersson will change things up, but they mostly swing and miss by trying to outsmart everyone else. In most other areas of the draft they've been awful. A Buchnevich every now and then doesn't make you good if the only other prospects you can produce are more Jesper Fasts and Boo Nieves.
    Think of the picks left on the table.

    DZ...Eberle/Carlson on the table
    Kreider...Not a bad pick.
    McIlrath...Tarasenko/Schwartz/Fowler
    Miller...Rikard Rackell (and Namestnikov LOL)
    Skjei...Not a bad pick, late.

    I mean if you put any of the forwards we left out there on this team today, we are a much better team. Especially Eberle (instead of DZ who netted us an early retiree) and Tarasenko.

Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •