Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: (#67) Wolf Pack v. Winipeg Jets // Stop Winning, FFS

Shawcappella BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by torontonyr View Post
    I hate arguing online, but this is why I mentioned it "Because most of the arenas only have a hanful of cameras set up if at all"

You can get that footage and place it on YouTube, the team's website, or on social to help grow interest in prospects (and in return the Rangers/team) and to help grow the interest in teams in their local market. I don't know how you can argue that a minimal effort isn't worth it in an age when access to information is abundant and people take vested interest in all levels of sport.

The games are already being broadcasted. Lower the price to incentivize. Make the video content accessible during/post game as it is with every other league. Post highlights. I don't really see where your position stands other than to say "it's too hard".

But anyhow, I digress. I'd just like to see more of of the pack and to be more of a fan, but they make it challenging is all.

LGR
    My mistake. I also forgot the letter "d" in handful so I'm not exactly on my game.

It's an issue of business though. You can't make a market where there isn't one to be found. Does lowering the cost seem like it'll drive demand? Sure, but this isn't really a case where the uptick in demand really outweighs your loss in price. It's an issue of elasticity. You can't lower your price and raise your cost if you don't already have a margin to work with. The AHL doesn't.

You have to pay multiple people to film the games, run switches, produce highlight packages and logos, etc. It's ultimately not worth it. The Pack run a Youtube page and often run interviews with their players. The truth is that so few people care. It's not like no one is watching because of the quality. That's maybe stopping a small percentage. It's because it's AHL hockey and that only really attracts hardcore fans.

Deleted Midget Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew a Penalty View Post
    My mistake. I also forgot the letter "d" in handful so I'm not exactly on my game.

It's an issue of business though. You can't make a market where there isn't one to be found. Does lowering the cost seem like it'll drive demand? Sure, but this isn't really a case where the uptick in demand really outweighs your loss in price. It's an issue of elasticity. You can't lower your price and raise your cost if you don't already have a margin to work with. The AHL doesn't.

You have to pay multiple people to film the games, run switches, produce highlight packages and logos, etc. It's ultimately not worth it. The Pack run a Youtube page and often run interviews with their players. The truth is that so few people care. It's not like no one is watching because of the quality. That's maybe stopping a small percentage. It's because it's AHL hockey and that only really attracts hardcore fans.
    - Wasn't about the D (ay) as it was about the cameras not being set up.
    - I disagree with the market not being there. So do they since they have the service set up. I just argue that it's a discount service and if you're going to try to charge a premium at least entice new customers using those premium sub camera production with clips on social/highlights. Simple.
    - I work in marketing so I'm aware how it works and that it's a niche audience, but niche doesn't mean non-profitable nor does it mean a futile investment on the part of of the NHL/AHL to shine a light on future players and to showcase why the AHL (in smaller markets across the USA) is an exciting product to watch.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ BSBH Prospect
    Really want Hank to get to 30 wins
    Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Regards,

Patrick Bateman

Sent from my iPhone

Shawcappella BSBH Prospect
    - I disagree with the market not being there. So do they since they have the service set up. I just argue that it's a discount service and if you're going to try to charge a premium at least entice new customers using those premium sub camera production with clips on social/highlights. Simple.
    - I work in marketing so I'm aware how it works and that it's a niche audience, but niche doesn't mean non-profitable nor does it mean a futile investment on the part of of the NHL/AHL to shine a light on future players and to showcase why the AHL (in smaller markets across the USA) is an exciting product to watch.
    Except you don't target a niche market with lower prices. That's the exact opposite of what you'd do. Once you lower prices, assumedly in the long-term, moving those prices back up becomes largely an impossibility which only stands to hurt them more. They can't maintain that lower price. Why enter a price war with yourself?

They don't disagree that much considering they're offering a bare minimum. The fact that you're complaining about it and that it's been that way for years signals an indifference to opinion. Once again. Does the cost improve result in an uptick in subscribership? I'm inclined to say no.

If minor league sports were more marketable don't you think other leagues would be trying to take advantage of that more? They're not. Fans mostly want either the top product or an exciting one. The only real exception is the NCAA which is a behemoth in its own right.

Deleted Midget Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew a Penalty View Post
    Except you don't target a niche market with lower prices. That's the exact opposite of what you'd do. Once you lower prices, assumedly in the long-term, moving those prices back up becomes largely an impossibility which only stands to hurt them more. They can't maintain that lower price. Why enter a price war with yourself?

They don't disagree that much considering they're offering a bare minimum. The fact that you're complaining about it and that it's been that way for years signals an indifference to opinion. Once again. Does the cost improve result in an uptick in subscribership? I'm inclined to say no.

If minor league sports were more marketable don't you think other leagues would be trying to take advantage of that more? They're not. Fans mostly want either the top product or an exciting one. The only real exception is the NCAA which is a behemoth in its own right.
    Agree to disagree.

Pain heals. Chicks dig scars BSBH Prospect
    You got your sales pitch. Now contact the AHL

a.k.a.Phildagoalie Junior Division
    Quote Originally Posted by BlairBettsBlocksEverything View Post
    Stop actin like we're not making the playoffs
    Will be good to play a quality playoff bound team like the Peg tonight.
    These kids need to see all they can of how the good teams roll and that means some of the now-a-little–bit–older-kids, too, like Hayes, Vesey and Buchnevich, as well as the obvious new interns.
    Learn baby Learn!

P.S.
    50 shots form CGY and 55 from VAN
    does that mean
    70 shots on Hank tonight?
    Last edited by Respecttheblue; 03-06-2018 at 03:42 PM.
    If n ya gots jowls, they might as well be furry ones.

Deleted Midget Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Lt. Dan View Post
    You got your sales pitch. Now contact the AHL
    Haha if they had an Atlanta/GA franchise I just might.

Team Win BSBH Rookie
    nice pitch, wrong target.

The AHL is too unstable. Fans, teams, parent clubs, locations, team names, etc. You dont invest in a product that wont be there in a year or 2. Teams leaving, players leaving.
    It's hard to keep fans, long-term, let alone invest time and money into guys they wont be seeing in a season or 2.

Shit, the Syracuse Crunch is the 4th oldest hockey team in the A and I still view them as a newer expansion team! (Theyve also changed their logos, uniforms and parent club pretty often)

It's tough, I think people do care, and there is a market for it... in 3 or 4 cities.

Keep your fkin head up BSBH Veteran
    LET’S GO RANGERS ?
    Hidden Content
    $1080 and counting

Team Win BSBH Rookie
    I thought this was an away game.

I'll probably sit down at 9:07 to watch the game...

Senior Member Squirt Division Sod16's Avatar
    I can root against the Rangers for a game or two, such as the past two years when we were aiming for the #7 slot instead of #3 in the Division, but it's not something I can really do for 20 games. That said, losses won't be too hard to swallow. What's harder is that now that the Islander are a really long shot for the playoffs, I guess I should be rooting for them to make their pick worse and the Rangers' better. In fact, a great Islander resurgence and gaining of the #8 spot to be swept by Tampa wouldn't bother me in the slightest.

Senior Member Junior Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Respecttheblue View Post
    Will be good to play a quality playoff bound team like the Peg tonight.
    These kids need to see all they can of how the good teams roll and that means some of the now-a-little–bit–older-kids, too, like Hayes, Vesey and Buchnevich, as well as the obvious new interns.
    Learn baby Learn!

P.S.
    50 shots form CGY and 55 from VAN
    does that mean
    70 shots on Hank tonight?
    the best shutout of all time

Team Win BSBH Rookie
    We are 60 minutes away from a whole new kind of Positive Wednesday, and some of y'all are going to have to be positive!

men down

Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    We are 60 minutes away from a whole new kind of Positive Wednesday, and some of y'all are going to have to be positive!
    So true. I don’t give a fuck what anyone says or what their stance is, there isn’t 1 fan on here that wouldn’t be pulling to get in if they keep winning.
    Hidden Content
    $1080 and counting

Really dig Namestnikov's game.

AWWW how does that not go in?

//reported Junior Division
    WHTA?!?!??!1
    LGR!

Wow
    Hidden Content