Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: (#65) Rangers @ Calgary Flames // Tanner 3:16 Says I Just Tanked Your Season!

Member Mite Division RodrigueGabriel's Avatar
    If memory serves, they beat WPG and CGY about this time last month in a valiant show to Gorts that he didn't need to rebuild. Then they promptly lost 7 straight. Keeping the tank on my calendar for the time being.

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile...ed by Tapatalk

Senior Member Mite Division RJWantsTheCup's Avatar
    IF they actually got some defense and Andersson & Chytil are ready next season they might not be as bad as we thought they would be.

Senior Member Midget Division
    Obviously at the heart of everything is that we are all Rangers fans here and really like when they win. We know in our brains that losing is probably more beneficial than winning at the moment but when they play like they did last night I think we all feel good regardless. Last night was a lot of fun due, in an extremely large part, to Hank being godlike. I'm not fooled by a team that just gave up back to back 50 shot games but I still thoroughly enjoyed watching them last night.

I get that itís very unlikely and in reality, itís probably been over for weeks. But if the rangers win tonight, they are only 3 points out of the last wildcard with 15+ games left. The Defense has to get better and obviously the chances of advancing are slim. But until we are actually eliminated, in the back of my mind Iím still going to hope they get in somehow. In the NHL you never know where a magical playoff run will come from. The last team in the playoffs last year made it to the finals. How fun would this team be to root for in the playoffs? Every positive expectation was removed weeks ago and they all but waived the white flag at the deadline. The rangers could be a feel good underdog story for a change. You never know.

This feels like its all about Lundqvist getting his 30 wins. And i'm all for it. I'm not interested in tanking on purpose. Just creates a bad culture. So why not. After he gets his 30, put georgiev in more. Let the kid get some more time.

Member Mite Division RodrigueGabriel's Avatar
    Yes. While the dream of a lofty draft pick is a little insulation against the psychic pain of watching a non-competitive Ranger team, rooting for them to lose is not in my constitution.

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile...ed by Tapatalk

a.k.a.Phildagoalie Junior Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    That save was ridiculous. and Kreider getting no love on that beautiful sauce to set up Buch. Fun stuff.
    Kreids can use all the love he can get.

He goes out with an unavoidable injury ... the team falls apart .. he comes back and half his buddies are traded.
    if the rebuild works we can partly thank him, because if he had stayed in the lineup, they might have beem rancid but still zheaded to the playoffs and the same old buy and bandaid shit would have gone on forever; we'll maybe never know how his being in the lineup would have affected things.

But ... I'm glad he's still here and can bring his talents to the post lockout Rangers 3.0 (or whatever number would be appropriate, lol).
    If n ya gots jowls, they might as well be furry ones.

Just a Simple Country Squire BSBH Prospect
    Hank goes on a run here and we're in the dance vs Tampa. It basically writes itself.

If you ain't first, you're last! BSBH Legend
    Awesome. I can't wait for the four game sweep and ending up with a shitty 14th overall pick instead of 4th overall.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk
    Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If youíre a good loser, youíre a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"I've always said, I'd rather tame a tiger than paint stripes on a kitty cat."
    - Dean Lombardi

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus, and the feeling that whatever
    you think you'e bound to be okay, because you're in the safely moral majority."

- Christopher Hitchens

Sorry dude, I've got a Ranger flag I need to hoist over garage.

Keep your fkin head up BSBH Rookie
    Imagine this team rips off 6 of 7? How funny would it be if the picks we acquired ended up being better than our own?
    Hidden Content
    $1080 and counting

I'm pretty much there already. So where's Shatty, let's fuckin go.

Russian Meddling BSBH Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunny View Post
    Hank goes on a run here and we're in the dance vs Tampa. It basically writes itself.
    Only to lose to Boston in the ECF, with Holden scoring the series clincher in OT.
    Lias Andersson for #AJT2019

lol, that would be the way it went

Senior Member Midget Division
    no no no, yes we beat Tampa. [making their pick better than ours.]
    Then we do the same to Boston and their pick. Nash dominant, forces a game 7 to no avail. Hank!

We go on to lose to the Devils in 7. Grabs with the winner. Jets smoke Devils in 5 for the Cup.

This would all happen except that Florida is going to make some noise. They are on a tear and have 3 games in-hand, on everybody. Columbus is far more worried about the Panthers.

Yeah, I'd rather have Zadina, Svechnikov, or Tkachuk.

Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If youíre a good loser, youíre a loser."
    - John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus, and the feeling that whatever

- Christopher Hitchens

Senior Member Bantam Division
    The Cinderella possibilities for how this can all work out is ridiculous! LOL - Stanley Cup Finals!!

Russian Meddling BSBH Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil in Absentia View Post
    Yeah, I'd rather have Zadina, Svechnikov, or Tkachuk.

Should be able to get Tkachuk with the TB pick, if the scenario plays out.
    Lias Andersson for #AJT2019

(#65) Rangers @ Calgary Flames // Tanner 3:16 Says I Just Tanked Your Season!

Not even close. He'll be gone by the 6th pick, maximum. Probably fourth. Ryan Merkley, on the other hand, I'm hoping is available by the first late pick they have.

Hidden Content

- John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

- Christopher Hitchens

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678