Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Too Many Centers Too Few Defensemen

Senior Member Bantam Division
    Quote Originally Posted by NYR2711 View Post
    Am I The only one who thinks we have too many defensemen? Gilmour and Pionk should be with the team next year, and I like Ogara. Plus we just got two more prospects in trades and you know we are drafting g at least 1 defenseman in the first round. This team needs top six wingers badly.
    Well Hajek will be in the AHL next year. Rykov has one more year on his KHL contract. Lindgren has two more years of college before at least a year in the AHL. So all the D we just got at the deadline are at least 2-3 years away.

HNIC BSBH Legend
    Pionk, Gilmour and O'Gara are the defense you ice when tanking.

Just a Simple Country Squire BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Exactly.

Phil called it with Holland when I was still blind.

And they will get a chance next year, and when they fail the real prospects will be ready to try.

Quote Originally Posted by Long live the King View Post
    Well Hajek will be in the AHL next year. Rykov has one more year on his KHL contract. Lindgren has two more years of college before at least a year in the AHL. So all the D we just got at the deadline are at least 2-3 years away.
    They should be on Lindgren to sign after 3rd year, if not now.

If you ain't first, you're last! BSBH Legend
    Gilmour can skate like the wind. Can't defense worth a damn, though.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk
    Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If youíre a good loser, youíre a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"I've always said, I'd rather tame a tiger than paint stripes on a kitty cat."
    - Dean Lombardi

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus, and the feeling that whatever
    you think you'e bound to be okay, because you're in the safely moral majority."

- Christopher Hitchens

I bet Bereglazov wishes he stuck around.

HNIC BSBH Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil in Absentia View Post
    Gilmour can skate like the wind. Can't defense worth a damn, though.

You spelled Gilroy wrong...

He's probably even faster than Gilroy was. Equally incapable of stopping opposing players from gaining his own end though.

Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If youíre a good loser, youíre a loser."
    - John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus, and the feeling that whatever

- Christopher Hitchens

Shawcappella BSBH Prospect
    We have plenty of defensemen. Whatever more they need they can supplement through the draft or free agency.

You want to see if Pionk, DeAngelo, and Gilmour can still take advantage of the opportunities they've had. Shattenkirk will be back, and Staal likely isn't going anywhere. Smith has another opportunity to redeem himself if he's also retained. Then you have some guys who aren't that far off. Rykov has one more year on his KHL deal, after which he will likely come over and have a shot at a spot given his professional play. Hajek will no doubt get considerable time in Hartford next season; he's not far off. I don't doubt that they'll use one of their first-round picks on a defenseman either. I don't think there's any point in using assets to fill in a position where you have a lot of young players. Right now is the best time to keep the spots open for younger players.

Senior Member Bantam Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunny View Post
    I bet Bereglazov wishes he stuck around.
    He's just on loan, he can come to camp again next year...

I'd try cutting bait with Shattenkirk early if they can. ADA is the same player at like a third of the cost.

Hidden Content

- John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

- Christopher Hitchens

Team Win BSBH Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil in Absentia View Post
    I'd try cutting bait with Shattenkirk early if they can. ADA is the same player at like a third of the cost.

Not yet. You have big contracts coming off in 3 years, guys will be ready to make an impact by then. No sense in worrying about that now. If the right deal comes along - sure, but that's no different than any other day.

Senior Member Mite Division jsrangers's Avatar
    yes sir.

To answer the original question imo they don't have nearly enough NHL ready dman. They have a few that won't be here for years and as Pete pointed out some stiffs at this point in there careers.

Keep your fkin head up BSBH Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Sod16 View Post
    In his time here Zib seems to have moved being a playmaker to a guy who wants to blast away with one timers. I wouldn't have considered it until recently, but perhaps some time on wing would be a good experiment with him.
    Youíve probably watches more games than I have this year, but I donít remember Zib taking any 1 tís unless it was on the pp.
    Hidden Content
    $1080 and counting

Senior Member Pee-Wee Division Fatfrancesa's Avatar
    The assumption here is that every prospect will develop into the player projected. Mind you that none of these guys are canít miss and it seems pretty much all of them will not be here until minimum 2019-2020 season. The rangers should forget the position and add the best talent. Talent is currency

Senior Member Bantam Division Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc's Avatar
    Im pretty confident that atleast 1 of Chytil, Andersson, Howden will take the #3C from the start of next season.

Zib
    Hayes
    Lias
    Boo/Spooner/UFA

is my guess for next season.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey37 View Post
    You’ve probably watches more games than I have this year, but I don’t remember Zib taking any 1 t’s unless it was on the pp.
    It's not hard to miss with the road hockey wind up.

HNIC BSBH Legend
    Fucking looks like Bruce Driver out there.

Keep your fkin head up BSBH Veteran
    Fucking looks like Bruce Driver out there.
    Lol, yeah, he’s got a big wind up for sure. I just always noticed it on the pp, that’s all.
    Hidden Content
    $1080 and counting

Senior Member Squirt Division Sod16's Avatar
    looks like Bruce Driver out there.
    Why'd you go say that? There are posters still trying to digest their most recent meals, you know. I hadn't thought about him in 15-20 years. Oh well, Neil Smith had it right. No problem with trading Zubov when you can get a guy like Driver to run the PP.

Tanking is fine for this year, but we currently have three NHL ready defensemen on the roster and we need more to field some come of team while waiting for some of these prospects to arrive AND, if we are lucky, have one in three turn out well.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12