Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Get Used to This Feeling; There's More Pain Coming

Senior Member Mite Division LarryBiv's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bugg View Post
    THere's no reason if Lundqvist plays solid and a few breaks they could not compete for the 8th seed next year. Expecting much more than that is out of the question.
    Honestly, as much as I want to see our team in the PO's next season, I really don't think that behooves us. Suck just one more season and getting another shot at that "prize" (Hughes, I'm hearing about or similar) and adding some more talent on top of what we already get this year is kind of like a "back-up", with a 2nd wave of youngsters coming in.
    Just remember in 2 years it will "ALL BE" 2020 Hindsight.

Senior Member Mite Division LarryBiv's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FleshistheFever View Post
    Being that we have this arsenal of picks and a few very solid complementary players we can offer combined via trade, is there a possibility the Rangers are going all-in on Dahlin? The timing is right. We have an plethora of assets to offer. The kids a locked-in elite stud. I'd like to guess that Gorton is going to shake some ground and at least get try to acquire a top 3 pick with Dahlin being the #1 priority. Logic would be to overpay (whomever) for that "generational" talent in return (which at this point looks like we can). Something we've never had and have desperately needed...for decades now. Regardless of the situation, NY will always be a popular destination for players so we'll be able to fill in the gaps over the next two years - I'm confident. (Even if we initially take a hit in the pants with a trade of this magnitude)

Go balls out and get a top 3 pick (and nail it). Sell our soul for the #1. Though I can't quite confirm we have any "soul" outside of Zib's mixtape samples.

Am i just dreaming here? I don't know. Figured I'd chime in as I haven't written anything on this forum in quite a while now. Where's the ghost emoji?
    I would have a tough time accepting us into "placing all our eggs" into that one basket at this point in time. If this draft wasn't so deep, then yeah you go all in and go for it. But, as deep as it is, there shouldn't be any doubts that we could easily want away with multiple exceptional players, not just 2 but hoping for at least 3 maybe 4.

If you ain't first, you're last! BSBH Legend

Get Used to This Feeling; There's More Pain Coming

Yeah, I'm sure that's a philosophy the majority of hockey fans want to see McKenzie and the rest of the gold standard insiders adopt, too, eh? This way we'll never get any news at all. Perfect!

You've got it precisely backwards. If sources can't be named, you can choose to believe the report or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk
    Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"I've always said, I'd rather tame a tiger than paint stripes on a kitty cat."
    - Dean Lombardi

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus, and the feeling that whatever
    you think you'e bound to be okay, because you're in the safely moral majority."

- Christopher Hitchens

If you ain't first, you're last! BSBH Legend

Get Used to This Feeling; There's More Pain Coming

If sources can't be named, 95% of the trade, signing, etc scuttlebutt would die overnight. In what way would that be a net positive for a league that already struggles to please it's own hardcore fans, let alone get new eyes?

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk
    Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"I've always said, I'd rather tame a tiger than paint stripes on a kitty cat."
    - Dean Lombardi

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus, and the feeling that whatever
    you think you'e bound to be okay, because you're in the safely moral majority."

- Christopher Hitchens

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234