• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Joe Micheletti on WFAN with Joe and Evan

Blue Heaven

- Wasnt surprised that McD/JT Miller were traded, Gorton admitted on air a couple of days before that everyone on the roster was available

- Shock to see the players go b/c of the people they are, JT was on the plane to Vancouver when the trade went down, landed 4:00pm Vancouver time, car waiting for him by the plane

- Stepan trade last year was a sign that the NYR were going to change their ways

- Girardi/Stralman/Callahan will help with the transition for JT/McD

- Micheletti told JT on the plane that this is a great opportunity for JT, could win the Stanley Cup, TB is very good, really improved themselves yesterday

- Thinks the NYR haul for all the trades is very good, surprised the NYR got as much as they did for Rick Nash, no one expected BOS to be this good, world of respect for Rick

- Have to take those assets and draft properly

- who knows what the NYR will do from this point forward, not sure they are finished yet, usually see a lot of activity before the draft

- teams have the ability to turn things around quickly ex. Colorado, bad last year, couple of points out of a playoff spot

- NYR have a lot of assets now, 3 first round draft picks, not sure if they will make any more moves around the draft or Free Agency

- Lundqvist has been excellent this year, 3 months stretch end of October, where the team was healthy, he was the reason they were winning games

****My stream cut out, i'll post the audio when/if it becomes available

I really admire Micheletti. The guy is a solid hockey guy, and has transformed into a really good announcer. His commentary is pretty spot on.

I like him too. And sam.

But he knows who butters his bread. You're not going to get much critical analysis from him. When you do that, you end up like Jim Cerny.

I really admire Micheletti. The guy is a solid hockey guy, and has transformed into a really good announcer. His commentary is pretty spot on.

Joe "A lot of time and a lot of space" Micheletti.

He and Sam have gone soft, IMO. I get that they're paid by the Rangers but for fuck sake, don't tell me what I'm looking at is gold if it's shit. There have been too many times that they just glance over poor performance. "Oh, the other team is making them do that." They play an important role in shaping the fan opinion of the team. Call it like it is.

True Dunny, but us being fans as long as we have, we can kinda "get the picture" so to speak. Joe has a way of putting things that kinda fly under the radar of the casual observer that we seems to catch on to. Especially when he gave us the info on why Mac was sitting;

"You don't want to endanger your assets"!!!

Loved it!!!! =)

Joe "A lot of time and a lot of space" Micheletti.

He and Sam have gone soft, IMO. I get that they're paid by the Rangers but for fuck sake, don't tell me what I'm looking at is gold if it's shit. There have been too many times that they just glance over poor performance. "Oh, the other team is making them do that." They play an important role in shaping the fan opinion of the team. Call it like it is.

I can't remember when they have really criticized this team's performance since they have been together and that sucks. I want a good honest assessment of the team when its playing.

John Davidson had more balls to come out and say what needed to be said when he was the commentator.

I don't mind Micheletti. He has a lot of good insights. You just have to listen to him knowing that he has to be limited in his criticism.

Joe said that he is not really into metrics but noted the Rangers deficit in Quality Scoring Chances even when they were winning. They were talking about how a significant portion of Ranger fans do not think Lundquist is that good. That's probably right, and there is portion of fans who are never satisfied with the goalie. Eddie Giacomin was being booed in the weeks prior to the famous "Eddie, Eddie" game. Eddie was upset by the booing even after the demonstration when he went to Detroit.

These guys have close relationships to the players. They’re very careful in their critiquing, which is fine. I don’t expect to hear Joe call someone a dumb motherfucker.

You're right, Mikey; Most of us have been fans of the team and the game for just about most of our lives, and although not all of us may be experts on the game, we sure can tell who's been playing like shit and who's making mistakes. We really do know the deal, and I believe you're right in the fact that nobody really has to step up and tell us the "obscenely obvious". =)

You're right, Mikey; Most of us have been fans of the team and the game for just about most of our lives, and although not all of us may be experts on the game, we sure can tell who's been playing like shit and who's making mistakes. We really do know the deal, and I believe you're right in the fact that nobody really has to step up and tell us the "obscenely obvious". =)

Correct, sir

Archived