• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Zuccarello: Traded or Made Captain?

Sod16

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There must be some gesture towards continuity. C for 36 would do that.

Now what would be a good signing for a team that's quite young, pretty quick, and has plenty of cap space? He's temporarily wearing #40 over at the House That Sharpe James Built at the moment.

If he is not traded around draft/FA time then he'll wear the C, when camp opens. Or we resign Nash and give him the C. Mikey thinks Tavares is getting the C.

No, I said he?s leaving the Isles and possibly coming here. Not sure who gets the C whether he?s here or not.

No, I said he’s leaving the Isles and possibly coming here. Not sure who gets the C whether he’s here or not.

lol OK, you are definitely a literalist. You did not say that, I'm just extrapolating, you said he is coming here. I'm saying if he comes here, he'll be wearing the C.

OK, you are definitely a literalist. You did not say that, I'm just extrapolating, you said he is coming here. I'm saying if he comes here, he'll be wearing the C.

I said he could possibly come here, but he’s definitely leaving the Isles. Could sign somewhere else.

Tavares is used to wearing the C in New York, so if by chance he comes here, it would seem like a smart move. Let Zucc do his thing -- no need to mess with his head.

But if no big shot first line stud like Tavares happens here in Free Agency, then Zucc is the logical choice.

Sentimentally I'd like to see Zucc get it, but I wouldn't want the team to give it to him and then trade him at the draft or there be a captaincy question if Tavares came here, etc.

I said he could possibly come here, but he’s definitely leaving the Isles. Could sign somewhere else.

Well you bet your balls on it. :eek: You can't keep leading me on like this.

In all seriousness, JT is so classy about all this that no one seems to even approach him about discussing it, knowing he will not. He's no Ryan Johanson.

In fact, he is so classy it is hard to imagine the Isles losing him for nothing. How can mgmt not have spoken to him and know they are going to meet his demands?

The JT thing just seems impossible, but objectively it makes so much sense. We have the cap space now, he wouldn't have to move, and even if we have a young rebuilding team, it will be better than three years taking a dilapidated school bus between Atlantic Avenue and Hempstead Turnpike. Doubt it happens, but JT to NYR is a pretty good fit.

Well you bet your balls on it. :eek: You can't keep leading me on like this.

In all seriousness, JT is so classy about all this that no one seems to even approach him about discussing it, knowing he will not. He's no Ryan Johanson.

In fact, he is so classy it is hard to imagine the Isles losing him for nothing. How can mgmt not have spoken to him and know they are going to meet his demands?

Hahaha ... I bet a round of golf that he leaves. I bet a case of balls that he comes here. A round of golf is more expensive than a case of balls.

And the way the McD trade went down, I’d say the Zuc trade to Calgary is off the table. The McD trade is better than what the offer was for Zuc from Calgary.

Well if the Calg trade wasn't returning Valimaki what else would we really be interested in. Maybe Adam Fox their only other A prospect, also a defender. If it was Bennett, so glad that trade was not made.

Calgary is Johnny Hockey, Monster Monahan, Hamilton, Tkachuk. Then you have Ferlund and the two D prospects. Everything else is trash and should not interest us.

Well if the Calg trade wasn't returning Valimaki what else would we really be interested in. Maybe Adam Fox their only other A prospect, also a defender. If it was Bennett, so glad that trade was not made.

Calgary is Johnny Hockey, Monster Monahan, Hamilton, Tkachuk. Then you have Ferlund and the two D prospects. Everything else is trash and should not interest us.

It was Bennett, a young Swedish Dman, and a 3rd rounder. The McD/Miller trade is better than that move.

Team desperately needs vocal leader in the lockerroom. I dont think Zucc is that guy.

Sure, he's likeable. Everyone loves him

Sure, he talks... ummm, yes, we need to skate better, um, guys lets skate fast, ok?

Need an asshole. Someone not afraid to get in a teammates face, hold them accountable, etc.

Zucc is terrible when he tries to act like that on the ice. Its a detriment to the team.

Team desperately needs vocal leader in the lockerroom. I dont think Zucc is that guy.

Sure, he's likeable. Everyone loves him

Sure, he talks... ummm, yes, we need to skate better, um, guys lets skate fast, ok?

Need an asshole. Someone not afraid to get in a teammates face, hold them accountable, etc.

Zucc is terrible when he tries to act like that on the ice. Its a detriment to the team.

Agreed. I think hank gets the "C" in theory and they just roll with Staal, zucc, and shattenkirk or three assistants.

Archived