Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Zuccarello: Traded or Made Captain?

Senior Member Mite Division LarryBiv's Avatar
    Did I already state that Kreids should be? Lots of pros with making him wear that letter. Zuccha (although deserving) still has a red laser beam on his head, and may not be here, and if he does get it, I wouldn't unpack my bags as "C's" get traded often here. If MGMT. KNOWS he will be here, then I suppose go for it. Can't be worse than giving it to McD.

Quote Originally Posted by RJWantsTheCup View Post
    Tavares or whatever big free agent they sign with the cap space they have after all the trades will be captain next season.
    I think that is NOT the way to go. The Captaincy should be "earned" within the team that is capable of such. Handing it to an outsider, well.....I'm just not copesthetic with it. Maybe just maybe Tavares, but that ain't happening anyway. So moot point.

Senior Member Mite Division RJWantsTheCup's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LarryBiv View Post
    I think that is NOT the way to go. The Captaincy should be "earned" within the team that is capable of such. Handing it to an outsider, well.....I'm just not copesthetic with it. Maybe just maybe Tavares, but that ain't happening anyway. So moot point.
    Well one of the greatest if not greatest Rangers captains was an outsider that was handed the captaincy when he was acquired. I'm sure Ozzy knows who I'm referring to. I just don't see anyone on this team that is a good candidate. Kreider takes too many games off. Zuccs in my opinion isn't the right kind of character to be a captain. Although Zuccs plays hard he's not serious enough to be a captain.

Moderator Junior Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Puck Head View Post
    Goaltenders can’t be captains in the NHL, and I’m not sure it would be a good selection anyways

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk
    AV already did it with Luongo, you just can't put the C on the sweater.

But yea I don't think Hank would be a very good captain.

Senior Member Pee-Wee Division
    Well one of the greatest if not greatest Rangers captains was an outsider that was handed the captaincy when he was acquired. I'm sure Ozzy knows who I'm referring to. I just don't see anyone on this team that is a good candidate. Kreider takes too many games off. Zuccs in my opinion isn't the right kind of character to be a captain. Although Zuccs plays hard he's not serious enough to be a captain.
    I can't help it, I loved when Mess came here!

That guy was going to be the captain of the team no matter what! Thing is, there are so FEW players that command that type of respect. The guy earned it elsewhere like you said Robbie. I just don't think Tavares is going to come to the Rangers, that's all. I think Garth Snow would be a fool to let him go for very little or nothing at all. Without Tavares, the Isles are not going to be very competitive, and the guy can do it all.

Don't think being serious or not being serious has anything to do with equation. Just because Zuccha smiles and laughs alot doesn't mean anything. When it comes right down to it, Zuccha defends his teammates, himself and does anything and everything that's good for the team. Many worse off choices besides him, seriously. (Pun intended)

As for you Ozzy, just don't what to say to you. Did u wake up one morning next to.......oh, nevermind. LMAO.

Senior Member Mite Division RJWantsTheCup's Avatar
    Being a captain of the team is much more than just what's done on the ice. There's on the bench, in the locker room, at practice and behind the scenes. Zuccs has the on ice without a doubt, but not sure about the rest. McDonagh had the on ice too, but apparently the knock on him was all the rest.

Senior Member Midget Division
    zuc is one of the biggest leaders in practice, probably moreso than in a game. He challenges everybody (including Hank) to play like it's a real game. Intense yet upbeat. He jokes, he jabs, he keeps everybody on their toes and shows the kids that the Pros care about practice and every drill. Like the way Hags practices skating, like the way Grabs works out and maintains cardio and speed, or Kreids in the weight room, etc.

Zuc is the perfect A. He is not the guy to get serious with teammates when they act unprofessional, or handle off ice problems, he's the ultimate good cop and positive motivator.

Right now we have no C and do not need one. New coach should also take plenty of time before dropping a C on someone. Maybe more than a year.

Senior Member Pee-Wee Division
    Quote Originally Posted by LarryBiv View Post
    Don't think being serious or not being serious has anything to do with equation. Just because Zuccha smiles and laughs alot doesn't mean anything. When it comes right down to it, Zuccha defends his teammates, himself and does anything and everything that's good for the team. Many worse off choices besides him, seriously. (Pun intended)

As for you Ozzy, just don't what to say to you. Did u wake up one morning next to.......oh, nevermind. LMAO.
    I did!! =)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234