Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Zuccarello: Traded or Made Captain?

Senior Member Squirt Division Sod16's Avatar

Zuccarello: Traded or Made Captain?

Is he still on the block for after the season or is he the favorite to become captain? Someone has to provide veteran leadership.

Senior Member BSBH Prospect
    If he wasn’t traded now I don’t think he will be in the near future. I’d give Zucc the c.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Senior Member Midget Division
    First norwegian NHL captain, DO IT!

Although, if they suck as much next year (which is likely) he could be a nice player to trade as a rental at next years deadline.

No one else fits the bill tho, so it got to be him (or maybe Henrik).

There must be some gesture towards continuity. C for 36 would do that.

Now what would be a good signing for a team that's quite young, pretty quick, and has plenty of cap space? He's temporarily wearing #40 over at the House That Sharpe James Built at the moment.

Formerly Dru23 BSBH Prospect
    You can’t get rid of every veteran player, you need someone good in the locker room to work with the kids, and there is no one I can think of that would be better than Zuc in that locker room with kids.

If he is not traded around draft/FA time then he'll wear the C, when camp opens. Or we resign Nash and give him the C. Mikey thinks Tavares is getting the C.

Keep your fkin head up BSBH Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Giacomin View Post
    If he is not traded around draft/FA time then he'll wear the C, when camp opens. Or we resign Nash and give him the C. Mikey thinks Tavares is getting the C.
    No, I said he’s leaving the Isles and possibly coming here. Not sure who gets the C whether he’s here or not.
    Hidden Content
    $1080 and counting

//reported Junior Division
    Yeah, I'd def give Zucc the C.
    LGR!

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey37 View Post
    No, I said he’s leaving the Isles and possibly coming here. Not sure who gets the C whether he’s here or not.
    lol OK, you are definitely a literalist. You did not say that, I'm just extrapolating, you said he is coming here. I'm saying if he comes here, he'll be wearing the C.

OK, you are definitely a literalist. You did not say that, I'm just extrapolating, you said he is coming here. I'm saying if he comes here, he'll be wearing the C.
    I said he could possibly come here, but he’s definitely leaving the Isles. Could sign somewhere else.
    Hidden Content
    $1080 and counting

And the way the McD trade went down, I’d say the Zuc trade to Calgary is off the table. The McD trade is better than what the offer was for Zuc from Calgary.
    Hidden Content
    $1080 and counting

If you ain't first, you're last! BSBH Legend
    Ask me after the draft. But I'd love to see him named captain and retained.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk
    Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"I've always said, I'd rather tame a tiger than paint stripes on a kitty cat."
    - Dean Lombardi

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus, and the feeling that whatever
    you think you'e bound to be okay, because you're in the safely moral majority."

- Christopher Hitchens

a.k.a.Phildagoalie Junior Division
    Tavares is used to wearing the C in New York, so if by chance he comes here, it would seem like a smart move. Let Zucc do his thing -- no need to mess with his head.

But if no big shot first line stud like Tavares happens here in Free Agency, then Zucc is the logical choice.

Sentimentally I'd like to see Zucc get it, but I wouldn't want the team to give it to him and then trade him at the draft or there be a captaincy question if Tavares came here, etc.
    If n ya gots jowls, they might as well be furry ones.

I said he could possibly come here, but he’s definitely leaving the Isles. Could sign somewhere else.
    Well you bet your balls on it. You can't keep leading me on like this.

In all seriousness, JT is so classy about all this that no one seems to even approach him about discussing it, knowing he will not. He's no Ryan Johanson.

In fact, he is so classy it is hard to imagine the Isles losing him for nothing. How can mgmt not have spoken to him and know they are going to meet his demands?

The JT thing just seems impossible, but objectively it makes so much sense. We have the cap space now, he wouldn't have to move, and even if we have a young rebuilding team, it will be better than three years taking a dilapidated school bus between Atlantic Avenue and Hempstead Turnpike. Doubt it happens, but JT to NYR is a pretty good fit.

Well you bet your balls on it. You can't keep leading me on like this.

In all seriousness, JT is so classy about all this that no one seems to even approach him about discussing it, knowing he will not. He's no Ryan Johanson.

In fact, he is so classy it is hard to imagine the Isles losing him for nothing. How can mgmt not have spoken to him and know they are going to meet his demands?
    Hahaha ... I bet a round of golf that he leaves. I bet a case of balls that he comes here. A round of golf is more expensive than a case of balls.
    Hidden Content
    $1080 and counting

And the way the McD trade went down, I’d say the Zuc trade to Calgary is off the table. The McD trade is better than what the offer was for Zuc from Calgary.
    Well if the Calg trade wasn't returning Valimaki what else would we really be interested in. Maybe Adam Fox their only other A prospect, also a defender. If it was Bennett, so glad that trade was not made.

Calgary is Johnny Hockey, Monster Monahan, Hamilton, Tkachuk. Then you have Ferlund and the two D prospects. Everything else is trash and should not interest us.

Hahaha ... I bet a round of golf that he leaves. I bet a case of balls that he comes here. A round of golf is more expensive than a case of balls.
    Depends on the course and the balls. You obviously golf at Baltusrol.

Well if the Calg trade wasn't returning Valimaki what else would we really be interested in. Maybe Adam Fox their only other A prospect, also a defender. If it was Bennett, so glad that trade was not made.

Calgary is Johnny Hockey, Monster Monahan, Hamilton, Tkachuk. Then you have Ferlund and the two D prospects. Everything else is trash and should not interest us.
    It was Bennett, a young Swedish Dman, and a 3rd rounder. The McD/Miller trade is better than that move.
    Hidden Content
    $1080 and counting

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast