Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 LastLast

Thread: Ryan McDonagh, J.T. Miller Headed to the Lightning

Senior Member Pee-Wee Division
    I’m by no means lashing out at you. I made my point before and I tried to do it without offending. I bring up other points and get rided for a love affair with miller so I made the point again not meaning anything towards you. Sorry for that but I didn’t think my issue orginally posted was out of line or without merit

I’m sure your inside knowledge is great. However I mean this with zero disrespect, I have zero idea what your name is no less your source. It’s the internet. Honestly can’t tell you how many times people have made up shit on here alone let alone Twitter. Again I have no idea who you are let alone anyone else.

You know the rangers were very open with that ludicrous letter. Why if they are so open wouldn’t something be somewhere in some kind of report. I would imagine if you’re right we will hear it sooner rather than later.

You do realize you apparently have great influence here. I’m rather new to this site. When the trade was announced almost everyone here hated the deal and before the players we were getting was announced people were all saying that we better be getting sergachev with miller involved.

You make a post regarding miller in the locker room and to a man gave the reason for many to justify the trade. If you’re right it does justify it mostly. It’s just amazing how people at least those like myself who have no idea who you are can just trust that info as fact without any other source anywhere collaborating it. I’m just not wired that way. Hard to believe a username and a ghost. And in return nobody should take me all that serious either for the same reason.

Senior Member Pee-Wee Division rmc51's Avatar
    I think the only thing that bothers me right now about the trade, other than the obvious of losing a career Ranger like McDonagh, is the fact that we would apparently settle for a conditional pick. Just lay down the law and say no, you are getting a top pairing defensemen....that has to be another first locked in. If not locked in outright, it could have been a more obtainable condition like what we did for the St. Louis (cond. 2nd, became first if reaching ECF).

Winning the Cup is hard to do, even with Tampa's roster. My money would still be on Pittsburgh beating them.

Keep your fkin head up BSBH Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatfrancesa View Post
    I’m by no means lashing out at you. I made my point before and I tried to do it without offending. I bring up other points and get rided for a love affair with miller so I made the point again not meaning anything towards you. Sorry for that but I didn’t think my issue orginally posted was out of line or without merit

I’m sure your inside knowledge is great. However I mean this with zero disrespect, I have zero idea what your name is no less your source. It’s the internet. Honestly can’t tell you how many times people have made up shit on here alone let alone Twitter. Again I have no idea who you are let alone anyone else.

You know the rangers were very open with that ludicrous letter. Why if they are so open wouldn’t something be somewhere in some kind of report. I would imagine if you’re right we will hear it sooner rather than later.

You do realize you apparently have great influence here. I’m rather new to this site. When the trade was announced almost everyone here hated the deal and before the players we were getting was announced people were all saying that we better be getting sergachev with miller involved.

You make a post regarding miller in the locker room and to a man gave the reason for many to justify the trade. If you’re right it does justify it mostly. It’s just amazing how people at least those like myself who have no idea who you are can just trust that info as fact without any other source anywhere collaborating it. I’m just not wired that way. Hard to believe a username and a ghost. And in return nobody should take me all that serious either for the same reason.
    I understand. But sometimes you can figure out who is lying and who isn’t. It’s easier to just not believe anything, but being slightly open minded to some posters on here may give a better idea on certain topics. That’s why certain members post some info.

Also, I posted that about Miller 4 days before he was traded. I had also posted that Hayes and Vesey were not good locker room guys either. I never said Miller was a cancer. “Not goos locker room guys” could mean other things. I also said I didn’t pry for examples. I will state exactly what I was told, and will openly admit to not knowing every detail rather than making things up.
    Last edited by Mike; 02-27-2018 at 11:45 PM.
    Hidden Content
    $1080 and counting

Moderator Junior Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Puck Head View Post
    Debate this pretty boy

(I’m pointing at my crotch)

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Senior Member Midget Division paddynyc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey37 View Post
    I understand. But sometimes you can figure out who is lying and who isn’t. It’s easier to just not believe anything, but being slightly open minded to some posters on here may give a better idea on certain topics. That’s why certain members post some info.

Also, I posted that about Miller 4 days before he was traded. I had also posted that Hayes and Vesey were not good locker room guys either. I never said Miller was a cancer. “Not goos locker room guys” could mean other things. I also said I didn’t pry for examples. I will state exactly what I was told, and will openly admit to not knowing every detail rather than making things up.
    https://nypost.com/2018/02/27/breaki...donagh-miller/
    From Larry Brooks:
    The Rangers had become convinced J.T. Miller’s coachability issues were not linked to Vigneault and they were concerned he had regressed in his work habits and off-ice preparation, according to individuals familiar with the inner dynamic.
    "Meet me later in the gymnasium, next to the dumbbells... you'll know me, I got a hat on."
    Curly

Senior Member Bantam Division NYRangers723's Avatar
    Good Post paddy. Most seem to blame AV for millers issues but this has been a lingering issue for him even before he was drafted. I distinctly remember Torts mentioning it in the lockout 2013 season after the islander game

Quote Originally Posted by paddynyc View Post
    And there it is. Thank you paddy.

Quote Originally Posted by Future View Post
    Ahh!! Future, you broke out the Degeneration X!!!

I can almost hear it: "....Are you ready???"

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatfrancesa View Post

You referenced a post I made earlier and just wanted you to know I don't expect anyone to put any value or stock in things like that, just was an observation I felt was in the theme of what was being talked about
    Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Regards,

Patrick Bateman

Sent from my iPhone

Senior Member Bantam Division
    Quote Originally Posted by LONG TIME FAN View Post
    Miraculous turn-around after they missed the play-offs last year with those same 3 guys. No one could have predicted their success this year, nor could the play of their goalie have been foreseen, imo.

Go Rangers!!
    Stamkos only played 17 games last year...

//reported Junior Division
    Finally got through this thread and had some time to watch Namestnikov pull a Grabner. I think the returns on Nash and Grabner might have set my expectations for a McDonagh return higher than what we got, but that could also be because I have no idea who most prospects are.

I really would have liked to see Miller packaged with one of our picks at the draft to move up. We still have that option in either a package around Zucc or Hayes, but I'd like to keep both of those.

I'll reserve any judgment on Namestnikov until I see him play with our players, not Stamkos and Kucherov. Bridge deal for him over the summer would be absolutely fine. (Somewhat off topic, are bridge deals always one year?)

Overall, Gorton did great in getting us roster players, picks, and prospects. Having 3 first rounders is huge.
    LGR!

Very Large Member BSBH Prospect
    This was a very fair deal, potentially 2 first round picks, 2 prospects (one that could possibly turn out to be better than Dahlin) and a young solid, quick NHL center (can never have too much center depth) for a 30 year old defenseman beginning his back 9 with some injury concerns along with an inconsistent forward which could be blamed on coaching or locker room, whatever the case may be. Although I liked both players, they were both expendable and we got a fair return. Now the only thing that concerns me is flipping some of these picks to either move up to the first spot or trade for players. 1) I don't really care for taking a defenseman with the fist pick, rather get a winger than can score and 2) make all the picks and build a young, deep, fast and strong team as that's the direction the league is going towards. Thank you
    Hidden Content

Let's Go Rangers!

HNIC BSBH Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Vodka Drunkenski View Post
    This was a very fair deal, potentially 2 first round picks, 2 prospects (one that could possibly turn out to be better than Dahlin) and a young solid, quick NHL center (can never have too much center depth) for a 30 year old defenseman beginning his back 9 with some injury concerns along with an inconsistent forward which could be blamed on coaching or locker room, whatever the case may be. Although I liked both players, they were both expendable and we got a fair return. Now the only thing that concerns me is flipping some of these picks to either move up to the first spot or trade for players. 1) I don't really care for taking a defenseman with the fist pick, rather get a winger than can score and 2) make all the picks and build a young, deep, fast and strong team as that's the direction the league is going towards. Thank you
    Lot's of folks coming out of the woodwork today.

Senior Member Junior Division
    Im guessing McD was dealt at a slight discount because of what ever injury he has. He still hasn't played for Tampa, and its not likely that he gets in a game this week.

So i guess they got fair value. Hes banged up, as usual.

Moderator Junior Division
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dude View Post
    Im guessing McD was dealt at a slight discount because of what ever injury he has. He still hasn't played for Tampa, and its not likely that he gets in a game this week.

So i guess they got fair value. Hes banged up, as usual.
    Doubt it. His value doesn't start being calculated until the playoffs start, especially since he's a two-year rental.

Senior Member Bantam Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Future View Post
    Doubt it. His value doesn't start being calculated until the playoffs start, especially since he's a two-year rental.
    I agree with this wholeheartedly. He only needs to get a few games in before the playoffs to be effective. Basically get your top seed and have him as an ace in the hole.

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile...ed by Tapatalk

Keep your fkin head up BSBH Rookie
    He has a wrist/hand injury. Not sure exactly what it is wrong with it, but it’s not like Tampa desperately needs him right now.
    Hidden Content
    $1080 and counting

HNIC BSBH Legend
    2 more goals for Miller tonight.

#68 Яромир Ягр Junior Division
    And now a hatty, wow. He's really cashing in on that Stamkos-Kucherov line.

HNIC BSBH Legend
    Or maybe helping it haha

Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 LastLast