Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14222324

Thread: Ryan McDonagh, J.T. Miller Headed to the Lightning

Senior Member Pee-Wee Division
    Good lord what a time to completely shit the bed and at home no less.

Thrilled for Ovi, but Wilson can still choke on a bag of dicks.

ImagineAcceptingTheTruth BSBH Prospect
    Very unimpressed with the playoff performances by all ex-Rangers this trade deadline. Good job by a Gorton unloading.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Senior Member Bantam Division NYRangers723's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Parsley View Post
    Very unimpressed with the playoff performances by all ex-Rangers this trade deadline. Good job by a Gorton unloading.

agreed. Also glad we dont have to hear how Yzerman ripped off the rangers for the time being

Senior Member BSBH Prospect
    Hockey's hard. The players we gave up were good.

But for that group of players the song remains the same. 0 goals in the last 2 games. Sloppy goals against and no final push. Of course there are other players on the roster but it looks awfully familiar to me. I was rooting for them but I'm happy with where the Rangers are right now.
    GORTON 2020

ImagineAcceptingTheTruth BSBH Prospect

Ryan McDonagh, J.T. Miller Headed to the Lightning

Quote Originally Posted by ThirtyONE View Post

But for that group of players the song remains the same. 0 goals in the last 2 games. Sloppy goals against and no final push. Of course there are other players on the roster but it looks awfully familiar to me. I was rooting for them but I'm happy with where the Rangers are right now.
    Yup. Same can be said for guys like Nash and Grabner this playoffs, they provided very little (no surprise, sadly) when it was needed most. It was time to move on from this collective bunch IMO.

Last edited by Parsley; 05-24-2018 at 12:25 AM.

Yup. Same can be said for guys like Nash and Grabner this playoffs, they provided very little (no surprise, sadly) when it was needed most. It was time to move on from this collective bunch IMO.

Yup. I think we all knew it before this playoff though. Its just the final nail in the coffin.
    GORTON 2020

Senior Member Squirt Division Sod16's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jsrangers View Post
    Good lord what a time to completely shit the bed and at home no less.
    For over half of Game 7, Tampa dominated, but just ran into a cold spell as far as finishing goes. It happens. It also didn't help that they didn't get the goaltending they needed from Vaz in Game 7. The first goal was soft and the next two, while not soft, were stoppable by a goalie who is on his game. That is not to say DC didn't deserve to win this series. They had the better of the play over seven games and played fabulous textbook defense. Don't be writing off the Bolts or their X Rangers. This time last year everyone was saying that Washington's window had passed blah blah blah.

Miller has looked the best of the bunch. McD was invisible this entire playoffs as he was the entire season with the Rangers. He has to be nursing some sort of injury (has this been announced yet?) because I cant believe he just had that bad of a season for no reason.

Nash was Nash.

Keep your fkin head up BSBH Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by So Nashty View Post
    Miller has looked the best of the bunch. McD was invisible this entire playoffs as he was the entire season with the Rangers. He has to be nursing some sort of injury (has this been announced yet?) because I cant believe he just had that bad of a season for no reason.

Nash was Nash.
    His hand was fucked up, from what I heard.
    Hidden Content
    $1080 and counting

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Makes sense. Dude did not look like his usual self at all throughout the entire season.

Formerly Dru23 BSBH Prospect

Nash was Nash.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Makes sense. Dude did not look like his usual self at all throughout the entire season.
    This has been the issue with McD for the past couple of years. He has played like shit the past 3 years, and every year it’s been because of an injury. It looks like they made the right choice in moving him, honestly.

Senior Member Pee-Wee Division
    Quote Originally Posted by NYR2711 View Post
    This has been the issue with McD for the past couple of years. He has played like shit the past 3 years, and every year itís been because of an injury. It looks like they made the right choice in moving him, honestly.
    McD had long been one of my favorite Rangers, but it's hard to disagree with this. They probably moved him at the perfect time, rather than being sentimental about it. Same with Miller before he gets 5+ mill per over a lengthy contract.

Formerly Dru23 BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by rmc51 View Post
    McD had long been one of my favorite Rangers, but it's hard to disagree with this. They probably moved him at the perfect time, rather than being sentimental about it. Same with Miller before he gets 5+ mill per over a lengthy contract.
    I liked him too, don’t get me wrong, but if he was injured every year, you can’t keep him. I would rather pay Miller the $5M over Hayes though. Miller, IMO, is a better player. I don’t see Hayes worth that money, which I think he is going to get from them.

Senior Member Squirt Division Sod16's Avatar
    J.T. now at 3 goals in 57 career playoff games...

Very Large Member BSBH Prospect
    Still sucks
    Hidden Content

Let's Go Rangers!

HNIC BSBH Legend
    I don't think Miller stats are that great in the playoffs, but I would like to separate the times where he was being used on the 4th Line versus the times he was being used in the top six. Just to blanket the 57 games and not talk about deployment is disingenuous.

Senior Member Bantam Division
    Quote Originally Posted by ThirtyONE View Post

Don't understand the lack of initiative. from the day you pick up a stick as a kid, you want to score. And yet in the biggest games of their lives, this group again showed all intensity you would associate with a September exhibition game.

Senior Member Bantam Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    I don't think Miller stats are that great in the playoffs, but I would like to separate the times where he was being used on the 4th Line versus the times he was being used in the top six. Just to blanket the 57 games and not talk about deployment is disingenuous.
    Like this year, when he got bumped from the 1st line to the 3rd line because he wasn't scoring

Just a Simple Country Squire BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    He has 5 goals in like 80 playoff games OHL/AHL/NHL

He's not a goal scorer, nor does he seem to excel when the going gets tough.

He's young, and that can change, but it's indisputable at this point.

Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14222324