Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Rangers Deal Rick Nash to Boston Bruins

Senior Member Mite Division LarryBiv's Avatar
    The games I caught he played well and had tons of opps, even played goalie! Anyway, where we stand right now we probably don't want Nasher "on top of" Kovy (if that happens). Money isn't the issue and shouldn't be, whether it's 5mil or 3.5. It's the issue of which player(s) he's taking time away from and possibly being a whole lot better than we may want to be.

We need the right kid of vets and kids, lean more towards MORE vets, then we become a bubble team with Hank having everything to say about that. Can't go too much towards kids, then u have a case of the blind leading the blind. Bottom line, I suppose I have no prob with Nasher at 3.5 he would do a lot of good as a Daddy. And yeah, he has done the Rangers very well with players coming here.

Russian Meddling BSBH Rookie
    I still think Boston is a good fit for him. He doesnt need to be the goal scorer, he doesnt need to be the leader, he doesnt need to be the captain, he doesnt need to be the best PKer out there. He does the little things right, and with their influx of youth, he's a good stable player.
    Lias Andersson for #AJT2019

Senior Member Mite Division LarryBiv's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    I still think Boston is a good fit for him. He doesnt need to be the goal scorer, he doesnt need to be the leader, he doesnt need to be the captain, he doesnt need to be the best PKer out there. He does the little things right, and with their influx of youth, he's a good stable player.
    And I am pretty sure they are taking that into consideration. He was more than a solid, stable forward and provides scoring depth. Nice think they'll sign him, and surprisingly enough he wants to stay there. Guess he got "inside info" that the Rangers probably aren't interested. But yeah, that concussion will really hurt his contract. Maybe we give him 6.5 for one year and see......what happens? Could always trade him again at tdl and get anogher coup YET AGAIN! I would sign him, sounds like a plan.

Beer Leaguer Bantam Division
    Quote Originally Posted by LarryBiv View Post
    And I am pretty sure they are taking that into consideration. He was more than a solid, stable forward and provides scoring depth. Nice think they'll sign him, and surprisingly enough he wants to stay there. Guess he got "inside info" that the Rangers probably aren't interested. But yeah, that concussion will really hurt his contract. Maybe we give him 6.5 for one year and see......what happens? Could always trade him again at tdl and get anogher coup YET AGAIN! I would sign him, sounds like a plan.
    Fuck no

Senior Member Bantam Division
    Not with the concussion history. And especially not at anything close to $6.5. OMG no!

Senior Member Squirt Division Sod16's Avatar
    Concussion history is now a routine consideration for so many players, because there are so many guys who may not have their careers ended or even shortened but who just lose an edge after a certain number of them. Nash may be in that category. My big fear is that Zib93 may one good bump away from being in that category as well.

Moderator Junior Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Sod16 View Post
    Concussion history is now a routine consideration for so many players, because there are so many guys who may not have their careers ended or even shortened but who just lose an edge after a certain number of them. Nash may be in that category. My big fear is that Zib93 may one good bump away from being in that category as well.
    I'd already have both of them in that category, personally.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011