• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Where Will Nash End Up?

Mr.wiskers

MassLive.com has this

By Conor Ryan cryan@masslive.com

The Rick Nash sweepstakes might be coming to a close soon, and the Boston Bruins are reportedly right in the middle of the frenzy.

Sportsnet's Elliotte Friedman tweeted Saturday night that the Bruins are in on the Rangers winger, adding that Boston 'appear(s) to be (the) leading contender' for the veteran.

TSN's Darren Dreger also linked Boston to Nash just minutes prior to Friedman's tweet, noting that both the Bruins and Rangers are having 'ongoing discussions", but figuring out cap space will be a hurdle in a potential move.

Nash, who will become an unrestricted free agent in this upcoming offseason, is a prime candidate to join New York's growing fire sale. Earlier this week, the Blueshirts dealt winger Michael Grabner to the New Jersey Devils for a second-round pick and a prospect.

Despite sitting out New York's last game, Nash has raised his trade value over the last month -- scoring nine goals in his last 16 games played. The winger has tallied 18 goals and posted 28 total points over 60 games this season -- averaging 17:06 of ice time per game.

Even with an expiring contract, the price for Nash will likely be high, with Bob McKenzie reporting on TSN's Insider Trading earlier this month that New York is seeking "a first-round pick, a top prospect and another lesser player or prospect or pick for Nash.

Sent from my iPad using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Bob McKenzie

[emoji818]

@TSNBobMcKenzie

No surprise BOS a potential front runner for Rick Nash. Bruins have their own first-round picks, plus quite a bevy of really solid prospects, such as Jakob Forsbacka-Karlsson, Ryan Lindgren, Trent Frederic etc etc, all of which would be attractive to NYR:

This. Rangers can eat Nash's entire salary if they want. Cap isn't an issue unless the Rangers make it an issue.

Oh I don't think eating his salary will be an issue. In fact tat probably means the return is really good. I mentioned above how some Bruins fans/bloggers are saying that a 2nd and a decent prospect is all he is worth....Yeah they must be high lol

Oh I don't think eating his salary will be an issue. In fact tat probably means the return is really good. I mentioned above how some Bruins fans/bloggers are saying that a 2nd and a decent prospect is all he is worth....Yeah they must be high lol

Right. Rangers are asking for 3 pieces including a 1st so I'd assume it's a first and one prospect.

John Shannon Retweeted

CapFriendly

CapFriendly

@CapFriendly

?

35m

We currently project the #Bruins as having $491,370 in available cap space, which is the equivalent of a $2,176,067 cap hit.

Rick Nash has a cap hit of $7.8M, which as of tonight translates to $1,761,290 as the amount of cap space needed to acquiring the pending UFA forward.

John Shannon

John Shannon

@JSportsnet

?

36m

Sounds like Boston needs to move salary...and have NYR retain a % of Nash's contract...plus more....for it to work for Bruins.

Beleskey is in the minors so we could get him and leave him down there. We’d pay his salary and it wouldn’t effect our cap because he’s an AHL player. But he’d get his money nonetheless.

no, still costs against the cap per season with him in the AHL.

https://capfriendly.com/teams/bruins

I dont know the exact number, but burying on contract in the AHL can only relieve the team of a maximum of $980,000* per season.

ill find amount and update it

New York Rangers

New York Rangers

@NYRangers

?

1h

OFFICIAL: #NYR have acquired a first-round pick in the 2018 NHL Draft, defenseman Ryan Lindgren, forwards Ryan Spooner and Matt Beleskey, and a seventh-round pick in the 2019 NHL Draft from the Bruins in exchange for Rick Nash.

Archived