• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2017-18 NHL Trade Deadline // Sell, Sell, Sell!

Phil

TradeDeadline_Head.jpg?raw=1

It's that time of year again! Trade deadline time!

This years’ deadline is Monday, February 26th, 2016 – 3 P.M. EST.

Please use this thread to discuss all feasible NHL Trade Deadline related topics

including speculation and rumors through to deadline day.

This thread is NOT designed for proposals.

• Replies 579
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Seems out of the ordinary for the Leafs. I don't know what they'd be able to offer, because they're not giving up Nylander or Marner.

I'm with ya 31! I don't think they're going mess with their chemistry at this point. I'll hope they send us a high pick or 2 though!

St Louis, San Jose, Minnesota and Dallas I'm hoping are in the mix as well. We have a lot of players to unload.

The closer it gets to the deadline the more nervous I get. Rangers seem to wait too long to make trades and never get fair value for their players ie Hagelin, Talbot, Stepan, Raanta.

I think this has more to do with the fact that Rangers' fans over-estimate the returns they're going to get. Talbot is really the only valid example.

He was an unsigned RFA. You don't get much of anything for that.

My biggest issue with the hagelin trade is that we didn't even keep our second rounder. I agree Hagelin wasn't gonna get us a big return but I felt we should of gotten etem and the 41st overall while keeping our original 2nd rounder.

TampaBayTimesSports

@TBTimes_Sports

What Steve Yzerman won't be doing is dealing from his current lineup, so the likes of Mikhail Sergachev and Brayden Point won't be going anywhere. #TBLightning @TB_Times #NHLTradeDeadline

Joe Smith @TBTimes_JSmith

#tblightning GM Steve Yzerman is unsure what he'll be able to do at deadline, noting there are "very limited" fits. What he won't be doing is dealing from his current roster. "We're trying to keep this team together with the hope of improving it.

Posting this for those throwing Sergachev's name around.

Steve Zipay‏Verified account

@stevezipay

Follow Follow @stevezipay

More Steve Zipay Retweeted Sean Hartnett

Guessing trade of forward very close. See who sits tonight in order to prevent injurySteve Zipay added,

Sean Hartnett

@HartnettHockey

Rangers recall forward Vinni Lettieri from the Hartford Wolf Pack. #NYR #HWP

11:09 AM - 22 Feb 2018

There are not leaks like there used to be. Especially around the deadline. He will have very little beats when it comes to that.

As far as everyday shit - yes, he obviously has the inside track over some kid sitting in his apartment looking at HFboards.

There are not leaks like there used to be. Especially around the deadline. He will have very little beats when it comes to that.

As far as everyday shit - yes, he obviously has the inside track over some kid sitting in his apartment looking at HFboards.

If there aren't leaks, then there is no reason for beat writers, so they probably shouldn't be so cocky, is my point.

What everyday shit? They don't say anything insightful ever. Other than line combos in practice they don't say anything that some kid in his apartment couldn't.

If there aren't leaks, then there is no reason for beat writers, so they probably shouldn't be so cocky, is my point.

What everyday shit? They don't say anything insightful ever. Other than line combos in practice they don't say anything that some kid in his apartment couldn't.

Future, it is not every single beat reporter, just our beat reporters. They are god awful, can not breakdown a game, matchups, the type of defenses team play, anything. They don't get inside scoops because no one likes them, respects them or trusts their objective ability to understand hockey the way a subject matter expert should. The team and players know these guys are not passionate and knowledgable about hockey.

How the fuck is Zipay guessing - especially after he's been so hostile towards NYR bloggers and Twitter with his whole "I'm around the team" shit.

The NYR beat is awful. Not one insight has come from any of them.

Uncle Larry hasn't found anything worth writing about on the forum yet.

Archived