• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Blues in 'Serious' Trade Talks with Senators Involving Hoffman, Brassard

Phil

The St. Louis Blues and Ottawa Senators are engaged in "serious" trade discussions regarding Ottawa forwards Mike Hoffman and Derick Brassard, NHL.com's Lou Korac reports, citing a source on his personal blog "In the Slot."

However, if a deal were to take place, it would involve only one player, rather than both in a package deal, according to Korac.

Korac mentions Patrik Berglund, Vladimir Sobotka, and Robby Fabbri as Blues that could possibly be made available before the deadline.

https://www.thescore.com/nhl/news/1487963

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Well that would narrow the field for Nash. I hope the rangers don’t Cam Talbot themselves.

Gorton can play this perfectly and still not get the return we're all hoping for in trading Nash. There are just too many scoring wingers to create much of a bidding war, even if there are multiple teams interested. With Grabner, Maroon, E Kane and Hoffman all out there, the market it pretty saturated, and help keep cost down.

I think this is especially true since Kane probably has the highest ceiling and could be the cheapest one of them all. I mean, if your team needs a scoring winger, why would you give up a first and a premium prospect for Nash when you can get E Kane for, say, a 2nd rounder?

Gorton can play this perfectly and still not get the return we're all hoping for in trading Nash. There are just too many scoring wingers to create much of a bidding war, even if there are multiple teams interested. With Grabner, Maroon, E Kane and Hoffman all out there, the market it pretty saturated, and help keep cost down.

I think this is especially true since Kane probably has the highest ceiling and could be the cheapest one of them all. I mean, if your team needs a scoring winger, why would you give up a first and a premium prospect for Nash when you can get E Kane for, say, a 2nd rounder?

Buffalo is asking the same price for Kane that the Rangers are for Nash.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Archived