Thread: Rangers Won't Burn First Year Off Any Contracts

Pain heals. Chicks dig scars BSBH Prospect

Rangers Won't Burn First Year Off Any Contracts

Prioritizing the future over the present isn’t only about making moves leading into the trade deadline. It means protecting the contract status of 2017 first-round draft selections Lias Andersson and Filip Chytil, as well.

“We are not going to burn the first year off any contracts,” general manager Jeff Gorton told The Post following practice Friday.
    “They’re both playing very well and we’re very happy with their progress, but it will be a day-by-day decision depending on the situation with Hartford, too,” said the GM, whose Blueshirts face the Senators in Ottawa Saturday afternoon before a Sunday matinee at the Garden against the Flyers. “We want to give Hartford a chance to make it.”
    https://nypost.com/2018/02/16/gm-how...site%20buttons

Looks like we may or may not see Andersson and Chytil play. And if they come up it's for 9 games or less.

a.k.a.Phildagoalie Junior Division
    A 3 month look-see now could cost millions down the road. Probably prudent. Dear Prudence ... lalalala I wanna see the kids but I get it.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk
    If n ya gots jowls, they might as well be furry ones.

If you ain't first, you're last! BSBH Legend
    Good. Long-term cost control is infinitely more important than needlessly burning a year to fast-track their development.
    Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If youíre a good loser, youíre a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"I've always said, I'd rather tame a tiger than paint stripes on a kitty cat."
    - Dean Lombardi

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus, and the feeling that whatever
    you think you'e bound to be okay, because you're in the safely moral majority."

- Christopher Hitchens

Senior Member BSBH Prospect
    It’s smart. And if the whalepack is dead at the end of the season Chytil and Anderson can get the last 7-8 games for NYR.
    GORTON 2020

Senior Member Squirt Division Mr.wiskers's Avatar
    Should bring up Ronning to Hartford see who he has more chemistry with.

Sent from my iPad using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Senior Member Midget Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.wiskers View Post
    Should bring up Ronning to Hartford see who he has more chemistry with.
    They probably will as soon as his season is over. The plan should be for him to start the year at Hartford too and keep up the scoring. Give him time, if he continues producing in Hartford for a few months, then call him up.

Senior Member Squirt Division Mr.wiskers's Avatar
    Last year he was brought up to Hartford and had something like 7 pts in 9 gms. Yet this year they put him back in juniors instead of just starting him in Hartford. It proved to be a waste because last I saw he had 59 goal, thatís right 59 goals in 58 gms.

Sent from my iPad using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Let them play in Hartford for now. No reason to rush these guys. No reason for them to be here while we lose to get a top notch draft pick

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk
    Last edited by So Nashty; 02-27-2018 at 02:08 PM.

Senior Member Midget Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.wiskers View Post
    Last year he was brought up to Hartford and had something like 7 pts in 9 gms. Yet this year they put him back in juniors instead of just starting him in Hartford. It proved to be a waste because last I saw he had 59 goal, that’s right 59 goals in 58 gms.
    Like his father, he'll be underestimated because of his size. As an aside, he has 51 goals in 55 games, but your point remains. 51 set the record for the Vancouver Giants and unlike a lot of guys racking up goals in Jrs, he is not playing with guys who are also good prospects. He's carrying the team. If he does it in Hartford for a sustained couple of months next year, he will be here.

I’m concerned about the size of our prospects. Ronning and Lettieri are way undersized. I don’t mind having a small guy or two in the lineup but if Zucc is still here and both those guys are playing it’s an issue.
    GORTON 2020