Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 47

Thread: Evaluating What We Have (Part 1): Vinni Lettieri

  1. #1
    Senior Member BSBH Prospect
    ThirtyONE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    10,523
    Rep Power
    95

    Evaluating What We Have (Part 1): Vinni Lettieri

    Vinni Lettieri | #95
    C | 5' 11" | 195 lb | Age: 23

    GP G A PTS +\-
    16 1 5 6 -11


    Undersized. Good skater. Shoot-first mentality that is ALWAYS welcome. Is he actually good enough to stick in the NHL? He was sent back to Hartford again so Paul Carey, McLeod, and Desharnais can play over him. Despite being given PP time he’s only scored once and that was in his first game.

    With amount of turnover we all expect moving forward, is Vinni a guy to save a spot for? He’s similar to Vesey in that he’s entering the NHL at a strange age. He’s not 19 and in some respects he is what he is. Yes there may be room for growth but it’s unlikely he suddenly blossoms into a star. Where does he project in this organization moving forward?
    GORTON 2020

  2. #2
    Senior Member Junior Division
    BlairBettsBlocksEverything's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    6,009
    Rep Power
    66
    I'm iffy on him. He's got some offensive potential but not enough to really justify being a top line potential guy.

    He needs to work on playing in his own end before he could be trusted as a full-time NHLer, especially if he's only going to top out as a 3rd line guy.
    __________________________________

  3. #3
    Senior Member Midget Division
    Giacomin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    2,774
    Rep Power
    69
    Can't tell with linemates of McLeod and Carey.

    To give you an idea of how good McLeod is, it seems clear Tanner Glass would be an upgrade. At least he could skate and make smoothies.

  4. #4
    If you ain't first, you're last! BSBH Legend
    Phil in Absentia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    84,346
    Rep Power
    404
    To save a spot for? No. You always want guys to earn their spots, preferably by beating others out of theirs. Saving a spot suggests otherwise.

    But he could have a future here, for sure. His game lends well to a rebuilding club where he could potentially be playing a complimentary scoring role down the line.
    Hidden Content

    "Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella


    "I've always said, I'd rather tame a tiger than paint stripes on a kitty cat."
    - Dean Lombardi


    "Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus, and the feeling that whatever
    you think you'e bound to be okay, because you're in the safely moral majority."

    - Christopher Hitchens

  5. #5
    Senior Member Pee-Wee Division
    Fatfrancesa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    790
    Rep Power
    21
    I don’t see it for more than spot duty and depth. Offensive player in the ahl maybe but he isn’t top 6 material and I would look for a different type of player on my bottom 6. He shoots that’s his best quality. Not really a special talent as whole shoots it’s not terribly accurate or hard.

  6. #6
    Russian Meddling BSBH Rookie
    josh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    24,325
    Rep Power
    239
    Short-term energy guy. Ceiling is probably a limited scoring 2nd line winger if he progresses and gets a good center. Not sure he has the necessary skills to be a bottom 6 guy, though.

    He's already been a "pleasant surprise", and honestly, not sure he'll ever be much more than he is now. He'll progress a bit, but he's not turning into a 40-goal scorer or defense stalwart
    Lias Andersson for #AJT2019

  7. #7
    Senior Member Junior Division
    The Dude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    5,881
    Rep Power
    61
    Quote Originally Posted by ThirtyONE View Post
    Vinni Lettieri | #95
    C | 5' 11" | 195 lb | Age: 23

    GP G A PTS +\-
    16 1 5 6 -11


    Undersized. Good skater. Shoot-first mentality that is ALWAYS welcome. Is he actually good enough to stick in the NHL? He was sent back to Hartford again so Paul Carey, McLeod, and Desharnais can play over him. Despite being given PP time he’s only scored once and that was in his first game.

    With amount of turnover we all expect moving forward, is Vinni a guy to save a spot for? He’s similar to Vesey in that he’s entering the NHL at a strange age. He’s not 19 and in some respects he is what he is. Yes there may be room for growth but it’s unlikely he suddenly blossoms into a star. Where does he project in this organization moving forward?
    Possible PA Parenteau type at most IMO.

  8. #8
    Senior Member Squirt Division jsrangers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    292
    Rep Power
    5
    He was only sent down because he didn't have to go through waivers today when they brought up the additional goalie.

    To answer the original question I don't think he brings much value at all and on a solid team probably never sees much if any time. He plays hard if that's enough for some people. Completely underwhelming.
    Last edited by jsrangers; 02-16-2018 at 06:13 PM.

  9. #9
    Senior Member Bantam Division
    jjweimar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Geneseo, NY
    Posts
    1,252
    Rep Power
    22
    I see him as the former version of DD

    Sent from my [device_name] using http://Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile...ed by Tapatalk

  10. #10
    Senior Member Pee-Wee Division
    Fatfrancesa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    790
    Rep Power
    21
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dude View Post
    Possible PA Parenteau type at most IMO.
    Thinking the exact same thing. That’s his ceiling

  11. #11
    🔴⚪️🔵 BSBH Prospect
    !br-avery!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Around
    Posts
    11,734
    Rep Power
    40
    I like him a lot,I could see him being good player for us if he gets used the right way. I love his shoot first mentality cause we don't have many players like that. Although small he is fairly tough and doesn't back down. Hope we see more of him next season.

  12. #12
    Russian Meddling BSBH Rookie
    josh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    24,325
    Rep Power
    239
    His ceiling is Prucha.
    Lias Andersson for #AJT2019

  13. #13
    🔴⚪️🔵 BSBH Prospect
    !br-avery!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Around
    Posts
    11,734
    Rep Power
    40
    Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    His ceiling is Prucha.
    Hallelujah
    The american Prucha?

  14. #14
    If you ain't first, you're last! BSBH Legend
    Phil in Absentia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    84,346
    Rep Power
    404
    Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    His ceiling is Prucha.
    Probably not a bad comparison, actually. Especially if he finds a spark with a strong playmaking center.
    Hidden Content

    "Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella


    "I've always said, I'd rather tame a tiger than paint stripes on a kitty cat."
    - Dean Lombardi


    "Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus, and the feeling that whatever
    you think you'e bound to be okay, because you're in the safely moral majority."

    - Christopher Hitchens

  15. #15
    Senior Member BSBH Prospect
    ThirtyONE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    10,523
    Rep Power
    95
    If Prucha is his ceiling what does that mean? Flash in the pan type player? In and out of the lineup?

    After Chytil and Andersson he's our best offensive prospect, no? Not sure what these trades will yield but hopefully we are able to stock the cupboards with already-drafted players with high ceiling.
    GORTON 2020

  16. #16
    If you ain't first, you're last! BSBH Legend
    Phil in Absentia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    84,346
    Rep Power
    404
    Fairly one-dimensional offensive player who can carve out a niche as a volume shooting scorer.


    Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk
    Hidden Content

    "Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella


    "I've always said, I'd rather tame a tiger than paint stripes on a kitty cat."
    - Dean Lombardi


    "Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus, and the feeling that whatever
    you think you'e bound to be okay, because you're in the safely moral majority."

    - Christopher Hitchens

  17. #17
    Russian Meddling BSBH Rookie
    josh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    24,325
    Rep Power
    239
    Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    Short-term energy guy. Ceiling is probably a limited scoring 2nd line winger if he progresses and gets a good center. Not sure he has the necessary skills to be a bottom 6 guy, though.

    He's already been a "pleasant surprise", and honestly, not sure he'll ever be much more than he is now. He'll progress a bit, but he's not turning into a 40-goal scorer or defense stalwart

    Quote Originally Posted by ThirtyONE View Post
    If Prucha is his ceiling what does that mean? Flash in the pan type player? In and out of the lineup?

    After Chytil and Andersson he's our best offensive prospect, no? Not sure what these trades will yield but hopefully we are able to stock the cupboards with already-drafted players with high ceiling.
    Buchnevich?
    And its not like our current roster is a bunch of old dudes.

    Dont really have a lot of prospects that I would label the "best" anything.

    He's 23. Do you see him surpassing Miller (24), Hayes (25) or Kreider (26) within the next few years?
    Lias Andersson for #AJT2019

  18. #18
    Senior Member Squirt Division Mr.wiskers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    328
    Rep Power
    7
    I see him as a 3rd line guy but he may be lucky to be our 4th line guy. Next year we could be looking at 7 winger that are better than him. Buchnevich,Kreider,Miller,Vesey, Zuccs, Fast, whatever winger we get in a trade, whether it be Kapanen, Bracco, Tolvanen, Tutfe.


    Sent from my iPad using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

  19. #19
    Senior Member Junior Division
    The Dude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    5,881
    Rep Power
    61
    Quote Originally Posted by jsrangers View Post
    He was only sent down because he didn't have to go through waivers today when they brought up the additional goalie.

    To answer the original question I don't think he brings much value at all and on a solid team probably never sees much if any time. He plays hard if that's enough for some people. Completely underwhelming.
    Not sure thats even true. I know thats what AV said, but why not send down the sick goalie???

  20. #20
    Senior Member Junior Division
    The Dude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    5,881
    Rep Power
    61
    Quote Originally Posted by ThirtyONE View Post
    If Prucha is his ceiling what does that mean? Flash in the pan type player? In and out of the lineup?

    After Chytil and Andersson he's our best offensive prospect, no? Not sure what these trades will yield but hopefully we are able to stock the cupboards with already-drafted players with high ceiling.
    AKA, powerplay specialist. Which kinda doesn't exist anymore. Otherwise Pirri would have an NHL job..

    I dont see this kid being as good as Prucha was when he had it going on.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •