Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: The Lundqvist Proposal of All Proposals

The future is spelled K-A-K-K-O BSBH Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Future View Post
    Yea, I'm sure they hired Quinn and said "don't try to put your best team on the ice so we can get a draft pick." I can't imagine a scenario where a coach is going to think "how can we lose this game?" I mean, why doesn't Chicago play Kane on the 4th line, or EDM play McDavid 11:00/night?

Quinn knows that this is a re-build, but there's just no way he signed on and said he wasn't going to try to win games.
    Right. It's the job of the GM to dramatically limit his options, is all. Like Tim Murray-era Sabres.

"Oh, I see you're winning... yeah, Zucc's been traded."
    "Oh, still winning? Nice job. Hayes is gone, too."
    "Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"Never be a spectator of unfairness or stupidity. Seek out argument and disputation for their own sake; the grave will supply plenty of time for silence."
    - Christopher Hitchens

Beer Leaguer Midget Division
    Yea, I'm sure they hired Quinn and said "don't try to put your best team on the ice so we can get a draft pick." I can't imagine a scenario where a coach is going to think "how can we lose this game?" I mean, why doesn't Chicago play Kane on the 4th line, or EDM play McDavid 11:00/night?

Quinn knows that this is a re-build, but there's just no way he signed on and said he wasn't going to try to win games.
    No fucking shit he doesn't think like that. Its a message board, for fans. We're having a hypothetical conversation, as fans. As fans, some of us want the Rangers to play well yet lose, a lot, in order to get a high draft pick to aid in the long term future of the franchise.

Beer Leaguer Midget Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil in Absentia View Post
    Right. It's the job of the GM to dramatically limit his options, is all. Like Tim Murray-era Sabres.

"Oh, I see you're winning... yeah, Zucc's been traded."
    "Oh, still winning? Nice job. Hayes is gone, too."
    Yea, I wish he would hurry up and do something about it already.

Senior Member Midget Division

Quinn knows that this is a re-build, but there's just no way he signed on and said he wasn't going to try to win games
    Correct and if Quinn is holding players accountable then he would need to held accountable for not playing he best player Hank.
    "Meet me later in the gymnasium, next to the dumbbells... you'll know me, I got a hat on."
    Curly

Moderator Junior Division
    Quote Originally Posted by SaveByRichter35 View Post
    No fucking shit he doesn't think like that. Its a message board, for fans. We're having a hypothetical conversation, as fans. As fans, some of us want the Rangers to play well yet lose, a lot, in order to get a high draft pick to aid in the long term future of the franchise.
    Lighten up, Francis.

I can't recall the last time there was a Rangers-Flyer or Rangers-Islanders or Rangers-Devils trade.

So......not happening !!

Senior Member Bantam Division
    We traded Grabner to the Devils less than a year ago.

HNIC BSBH Legend
    Flyers also traded is their best player at one time.

Moderator Junior Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravesy View Post
    We traded Grabner to the Devils less than a year ago.
    Lol.

I think the idea that rivals don't trade is always kind of silly. If you took the number of trades that the Rangers have made with the Devils, Isles, and Flyers and compared it to another 3 teams, how would that look? Are there considerably fewer trades with those 3 than, like, Vancouver, EDM, and Calgary? SJ, LAK, and Anaheim? Maybe there is, but trade volume is so small that I'm not sure there's much of a correlation.

Senior Member Midget Division
    seems like we like to trade with the yotes.

Hank's here. quinn will play him cause he thinks its his best chance to win, simple.

the record next to quinns name matters to him same as all coaches.
    Acqua in bocca

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234