Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Lundqvist Proposal of All Proposals

Senior Member Junior Division
    Not really worth dealing him for spare parts. Im pretty sure Lundqvist will have input on where he is dealt. I honestly don't see him wanting to go to Philly. Florida, or SJ, maybe. Not Philly.

If they are rebuilding and have no issue with the cap, i don't see why he'd have to be moved, unless they are blown away.

Ps, did Shattenkirk die or what? Seems like everyone leaves him off their future roster.

Russian Meddling BSBH Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dude View Post
    Not really worth dealing him for spare parts. Im pretty sure Lundqvist will have input on where he is dealt. I honestly don't see him wanting to go to Philly. Florida, or SJ, maybe. Not Philly.

If they are rebuilding and have no issue with the cap, i don't see why he'd have to be moved, unless they are blown away.

Ps, did Shattenkirk die or what? Seems like everyone leaves him off their future roster.
    He's playing in Hartford with Smith, Redden and Kasparitis.
    Lias Andersson for #AJT2019

Senior Member Bantam Division
    Not that they would ever do it but if the flyers are being mentioned the isles make more sense. They need a goalie desperately and they are trying to convince Tavares to stay. Bringing in hank would send a huge message to Tavares and they have the cap space I believe. Of course that would be unthinkable but it keeps hank and his family in nyc and the isles need him for all kinds of reasons. Talk about a revolt from the fan base though.

day-to-day Midget Division
    if we are rebuilding then will lundqvist be a viable starter when we are a legitimate cup threat? or is it more likely that his skills will have diminished and we need a different option in net? his value will only decline, so why not maximize his return?
    "We're all f*cked. It helps to remember that." - George Carlin

"How many Cups you've got?" - Esa Tikkanen

"Hatred can keep you warm when you run out of liquor" - Ray Ratto, Dan Patrick show 1/20/2017

Just a Simple Country Squire BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by fletch View Post
    if we are rebuilding then will lundqvist be a viable starter when we are a legitimate cup threat? or is it more likely that his skills will have diminished and we need a different option in net? his value will only decline, so why not maximize his return?
    cause feelings and shit

If we are rebuilding, Henrik will be 73 before we are a contender again.

trading players just to trade players is bad business. It's incredibly dumb. That's why you dont see GMs doing it.

we are rebuilding, so we can trade Lundqvist to make our future roster better, which is what GMs do when they are not going all-in on the present season. makes sense if you can remove sentimentality from the equation

"Hatred can keep you warm when you run out of liquor" - Ray Ratto, Dan Patrick show 1/20/2017

As stated, I'd think Lundqvist has input on where he is traded to. Id deal him yesterday if they are serious about this rebuild (i don't think its going as far as some think). The Rangers- like it or not- are not going to dump him off to a team he doesn't want to play for, or a team that is a shit show. They're not sending him to Arizona.

Senior Member Midget Division
    Fletch is neither saying to trade players just to trade players, nor is he suggesting we'd be able to send him to Arizona or anywhere he'd refuse. We are all aware that Hank would have to agree to be moved.

I assume most here realize Hank is likely here for a while. If mgmt does what it says and gets younger, I doubt Hank contract keeps us from making any moves we want. And he'll stabalize the goaltending to allow us to evaluate the younger team better. Shesty should be a big part of our team in 2 years. Hank will hold the fort till then. Then he can split time and become the backup to end his career.

Now, if someone wants to make us a nice offer for Hank, we'd have to consider it strongly. Especially if Hank is game to play there.

Quote Originally Posted by Giacomin View Post
    Fletch is neither saying to trade players just to trade players, nor is he suggesting we'd be able to send him to Arizona or anywhere he'd refuse. We are all aware that Hank would have to agree to be moved.

I assume most here realize Hank is likely here for a while. If mgmt does what it says and gets younger, I doubt Hank contract keeps us from making any moves we want. And he'll stabalize the goaltending to allow us to evaluate the younger team better. Shesty should be a big part of our team in 2 years. Hank will hold the fort till then. Then he can split time and become the backup to end his career.
    Agreed on your take on Lundqvists future. But it seems like Fletch doesn't agree with what you are saying. It reads more like trade him while he has worth. Problem is the options are very slim to none as for who can take him, even with a sensible salary retention...

we are rebuilding, so we can trade Lundqvist to make our future roster better, which is what GMs do when they are not going all-in on the present season. makes sense if you can remove sentimentality from the equation
    NO! That's the worst assumption.

the worst assumption is that lundqvist can CARRY a roster for 4 rounds to the cup. since the NHL did away with the clutch-and-grab and opened up play, the neutral zone trap, sitting in a defensive shell in the third with a one goal lead, and other defensive/goalie systems are much less effective. lundqvist can backstop a quality roster to the cup - but this team has too many holes to fill. a 35 year old goalie with a 8.5 million cap hit shouldn’t be the centerpiece in a rebuilding effort.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dude View Post
    Agreed on your take on Lundqvists future. But it seems like Fletch doesn't agree with what you are saying. It reads more like trade him while he has worth. Problem is the options are very slim to none as for who can take him, even with a sensible salary retention...
    Agreed. There are few options for Hank. We should not be looking to trade him. Not even bring him up, at all.

Now if a goalie desperate team wants to knock our socks off with their top prospect + for Hank, we'd have to consider it. Especially because the proposal being discussed has us retaining no salary, just eating an overpaid roster player, in return. For that we'd be receiving two very solid assets.

I don't believe it will happen, but we'd have to consider that kind of offer.

Right now, with the entertainment factor down, I'm most focussed on the next ten days and Nash, Grabs, Holden and McD.

the worst assumption is that lundqvist can CARRY a roster for 4 rounds to the cup. since the NHL did away with the clutch-and-grab and opened up play, the neutral zone trap, sitting in a defensive shell in the third with a one goal lead, and other defensive/goalie systems are much less effective. lundqvist can backstop a quality roster to the cup - but this team has too many holes to fill. a 35 year old goalie with a 8.5 million cap hit shouldn’t be the centerpiece in a rebuilding effort.
    If one player keeps you from rebuilding, then you have a problem...

Quote Originally Posted by Giacomin View Post
    Agreed. There are few options for Hank. We should not be looking to trade him. Not even bring him up, at all.

Now if a goalie desperate team wants to knock our socks off with their top prospect + for Hank, we'd have to consider it. Especially because the proposal being discussed has us retaining no salary, just eating an overpaid roster player, in return. For that we'd be receiving two very solid assets.

I don't believe it will happen, but we'd have to consider that kind of offer.

Right now, with the entertainment factor down, I'm most focussed on the next ten days and Nash, Grabs, Holden and McD.
    If anyone calls about Lundqvist, you gotta listen. Its just not likely. Especially a team that he would want to play for.

I mean, talk about it if you want, but its a very unlikely situation..

Trade everyone not named Skjei, Chytil, Andersson or mayyyybe Buch. Everyone.

The future is spelled K-A-K-K-O BSBH Legend
    Bump for fun.

Hart, Sanheim, Morgan Frost and a conditional first (if PHI wins Cup at any point with Hank, that years' first comes to NYR) for Lundqvist.

We've got a week off. Let's have some fun out here.
    "Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"Never be a spectator of unfairness or stupidity. Seek out argument and disputation for their own sake; the grave will supply plenty of time for silence."
    - Christopher Hitchens

Quote Originally Posted by Phil in Absentia View Post
    Bump for fun.

Hart, Sanheim, Morgan Frost and a conditional first (if PHI wins Cup at any point with Hank, that years' first comes to NYR) for Lundqvist.

We've got a week off. Let's have some fun out here.
    Replace Hart with Farabee....wait, no. Fuck the Flyers.

Just a Simple Country Squire BSBH Prospect
    Winnipeg for Finnish kid they drafted in '17 whose name I'm not going to look up.

Florida instead. Borgstrom, Tippett, and Heponiemi.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast