• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

The Lundqvist Proposal of All Proposals

Phil

Okay, bear with me for a sec while we go message board style. This doesn?t involve Buffalo, but I had a really interesting discussion about a potential Flyers trade yesterday.

Tell me if you think this could work: Henrik Lundqvist to the Flyers for one of two deals: Travis Sanheim (D), Samuel Morin (D), Anthony Stolarz (G), and Jori Lehtera (LW). Or, the Rangers agree to eat Andrew MacDonald?s contract and it?s Sanheim, Morin, MacDonald, and Carter Hart.

The thinking: Morin is struggling so he?s a reclamation project for the Rangers. Lehtera or MacDonald are just dead cap space. It?s basically Sanheim (an excellent prospect) and a top goalie prospect, both of which fit what the Rangers seem to crave. If the Rangers want a guy immediately they take Stolarz, if they want the better long-term guy they have to eat the money to get Hart.

https://theathletic.com/241232/2018/02/14/thoughts-on-thoughts-a-fresh-start-for-domi-a-lundqvist-trade-proposal-injured-soshnikov-and-more/

--

The more in think about the second option, the more I want to do it. Coupled with a McDonagh trade to Boston for say Zboril and Carlo, the Rangers defense next season could be Skjei, DeAngelo, Morin, Sanheim, Zboril, and Carlo. Plus Gilmour and Pionk. Talk about rebuild on the fly!

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
for what? when have the Flyers ever produced a home grown goalie worth a shit? Stolarz hasn't played a single game this year. You trade your biggest chip and do nothing to compensate for the total lack of offense and leave yourself without a realistic goalie option. Sanheim played pretty poorly when he was up, their fan base would shoot Brandon Manning if they could because they think he blows yet he plays over Travis.

for what? when have the Flyers ever produced a home grown goalie worth a shit? Stolarz hasn't played a single game this year. You trade your biggest chip and do nothing to compensate for the total lack of offense and leave yourself without a realistic goalie option. Sanheim played pretty poorly when he was up, their fan base would shoot Brandon Manning if they could because they think he blows yet he plays over Travis.

Our biggest chip has 8.5 cap hit, has 4 more years on his contract, and 36 years old.

Hank is the ?biggest chip;? I think McDonagh is actually the biggest chip, followed by Zucc, in terms of value.

Re: the proposal in the OP. Idk. I have a hard time believing that PHI would be interested in Hank, but given his desire to win and his fire, I might wanna see him play for a Hextall team.

So you give him away for junk and unproven talent. Leaving you with no goalie at all and defenseman that can't break into the Philly lineup. Thankfully even if the Rangers were crazy enough to consider it I'm pretty confident Hank was say nfw.

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

If you are really in "rebuild" mode, Lundqvist becomes the least useful member on the roster.

Its like having a Ferrari that you can't afford to buy tires for.. Its cool to tell people you own one, but its damn useless sitting on blocks in your garage.

If Zucc, McD and guys of that ilk are on the block, getting 8.5/34 off your books should be job #1... If you are going to experience growing pains, make it with your goalie for foreseeable future, not the guy on the homestretch of his carerr... Also, I think Hank deserved another shot at a Cup, that isn't happening here over the next few years.

If there's one thing this organization has on defense, it's potential second-pair defenders. I don't think Sanheim and/or Morin have much more of a ceiling than DeAngelo, Pionk or Gilmour. There's no real benefit in adding two of them.

Sanheim and a first would really be the only thing I'd do. Take Lehtera to make the money work.

Carter Hart is gonna be the real deal so if we got him that'd be pretty dope. We'd have 2 potential goalies of the future in our system

But I wouldn't trade Henrik to the Flyers. Not because of some inter divisional BS, but because if we're going to move him it should be to get him a real chance at a cup. And I don't think Philly wins the cup this year, or next.

If you are really in "rebuild" mode, Lundqvist becomes the least useful member on the roster.

Its like having a Ferrari that you can't afford to buy tires for.. Its cool to tell people you own one, but its damn useless sitting on blocks in your garage.

If Zucc, McD and guys of that ilk are on the block, getting 8.5/34 off your books should be job #1... If you are going to experience growing pains, make it with your goalie for foreseeable future, not the guy on the homestretch of his carerr... Also, I think Hank deserved another shot at a Cup, that isn't happening here over the next few years.

But you still owe $30m on that Ferrari. You'll get 20k for it. Might as well ride it around and have fun for a few more years, because the chance you ever get a luxury car, any time soon, is slim to none.

If hank wants to stay he stays. If he wants to leave it?s going to be very hard to trade him. His cap hit makes him almost impossible for other teams to fit him without losing other younger players on their roster. Honestly I don?t think anybody would trade much of anything for him because of his contract.

If hank wants to stay he stays. If he wants to leave it’s going to be very hard to trade him. His cap hit makes him almost impossible for other teams to fit him without losing other younger players on their roster. Honestly I don’t think anybody would trade much of anything for him because of his contract.

The Rangers, if they are not planning on being a cap team for the next couple/few years through a rebuild, can eat 50% of his salary. So now you're trading Hank at a $4.25M cap hit for three more seasons and that's an entirely different ball game as far as acquiring teams are concerned.

I don't care where anyone on this roster goes if we're moving them as a part of a legitimate 3-5 year rebuild, because they won't be relevant to where the Rangers are in the division/conference.

Not really worth dealing him for spare parts. Im pretty sure Lundqvist will have input on where he is dealt. I honestly don't see him wanting to go to Philly. Florida, or SJ, maybe. Not Philly.

If they are rebuilding and have no issue with the cap, i don't see why he'd have to be moved, unless they are blown away.

Ps, did Shattenkirk die or what? Seems like everyone leaves him off their future roster.

Not really worth dealing him for spare parts. Im pretty sure Lundqvist will have input on where he is dealt. I honestly don't see him wanting to go to Philly. Florida, or SJ, maybe. Not Philly.

If they are rebuilding and have no issue with the cap, i don't see why he'd have to be moved, unless they are blown away.

Ps, did Shattenkirk die or what? Seems like everyone leaves him off their future roster.

He's playing in Hartford with Smith, Redden and Kasparitis.

Not that they would ever do it but if the flyers are being mentioned the isles make more sense. They need a goalie desperately and they are trying to convince Tavares to stay. Bringing in hank would send a huge message to Tavares and they have the cap space I believe. Of course that would be unthinkable but it keeps hank and his family in nyc and the isles need him for all kinds of reasons. Talk about a revolt from the fan base though.

if we are rebuilding then will lundqvist be a viable starter when we are a legitimate cup threat? or is it more likely that his skills will have diminished and we need a different option in net? his value will only decline, so why not maximize his return?

if we are rebuilding then will lundqvist be a viable starter when we are a legitimate cup threat? or is it more likely that his skills will have diminished and we need a different option in net? his value will only decline, so why not maximize his return?

cause feelings and shit

Archived