• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Fans? Wallets Would Get Break with Letdown Season

paddynyc

https://nypost.com/2018/02/12/rangers-fans-wallets-would-get-break-with-letdown-season/

The Post has learned and confirmed that the Garden will not increase prices for 2018-19 season subscriptions if the Blueshirts fail to qualify for the first time since 2010.

Renewal notices were sent early last week to subscribers, who were notified of a new 11-month payment-plan option beginning next month. The Garden has given ticket holders the right to cancel their subscriptions if prices increase for 2018-19. We now know, however, that an increase could only go into effect if the Blueshirts qualify for the postseason.

I'm sure they'll raise prices everywhere else

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

05-06 my tickets cost $22. Two years ago $54. Last year $70. This year $90.

I told them I was done in October. They renewed our seats in March last year and decided to do dynamic pricing in August. At that point I asked for a refund but they refused saying I renewed which I did under different terms. In October I was sent an email sent out by msg to Wall Street on why to buy msg stock. This was an email by msg. It stated that msg was moving away from season ticket holders because they valued having different people filling the seats each night because those people are more likely to spend while at the game. They purposely are pushing season ticket holders out. That was enough for me. I told my rep at that point that I don’t want them charging me for another thing. Not renewal or playoff seats. I didn’t go to one game this year and ate a shit load of money trying to resell. I’m done going to the garden

I will forever be a ranger fan. My kids, twin boys, however are 3. I kept my seats the past couple of years with hopes to bring them with me in the near future. They will now grow up devil fans because that is what I can afford and I will not give the rangers my money. They purposely stick it in my ass after years of loyalty. It is their prerogative to do so as it is mine to tell them to go screw.

05-06 my tickets cost $22. Two years ago $54. Last year $70. This year $90.

I told them I was done in October. They renewed our seats in March last year and decided to do dynamic pricing in August. At that point I asked for a refund but they refused saying I renewed which I did under different terms. In October I was sent an email sent out by msg to Wall Street on why to buy msg stock. This was an email by msg. It stated that msg was moving away from season ticket holders because they valued having different people filling the seats each night because those people are more likely to spend while at the game. They purposely are pushing season ticket holders out. That was enough for me. I told my rep at that point that I don’t want them charging me for another thing. Not renewal or playoff seats. I didn’t go to one game this year and ate a shit load of money trying to resell. I’m done going to the garden

I will forever be a ranger fan. My kids, twin boys, however are 3. I kept my seats the past couple of years with hopes to bring them with me in the near future. They will now grow up devil fans because that is what I can afford and I will not give the rangers my money. They purposely stick it in my ass after years of loyalty. It is their prerogative to do so as it is mine to tell them to go screw.

How is that drama? It’s reality for me at least. I can’t afford it. The rangers seemed concerned enough about what the fans think to send out a stupid memo telling everybody their intent. They sent it out to pacify their fan base, yet they are completely tone deaf to what any common season ticket holders concerns are. Msg has become a morgue and believe me I’m not the only one that sits around me that have a problem with the pricing. I’m not being dramatic. I’m posting my position as a season ticket holder for 15 years. I’m not renewing, not because they are rebuilding because I’m all for that. I’m not renewing becsuse I can’t afford it and quite honestly it’s getting to the point when most can’t. And again the memo sent out by them states they really don’t want season ticket holders, at least those sitting in the $90 cheap seats. I think they are misguided but we will see. In 05-06 they begged people to come back and went out of their way to show appreciation. Now the team is seemingly going into some tough times and a new cba is coming too. As a businessman I get maximizing your profits. However the good times don’t last forever and your loyal paying customers are not the ones you want to spit on because they aren’t infinite. We’ll see.

You used to buy 3 beers, now you buy for 3 year olds.

That's not NYR/MSG's fault, though. That's life.

You made a big boy decision. You should have known these things were going to come along. Just because you get older and have different priorities, doesnt mean in-demand shit should be cheaper.

As someone once said, "Good times don't last forever"

?Fairness? would reward FF for his long-term investment in the team. (1. Dynamic pricing is a bitch. 2. The Wall Street letter is insulting to season ticket supporters.)

A hybrid system would reward the season ticket holder with ?flat rate? pricing like it always has existed AND dynamic pricing for single-game buyers. A computer could easily manage this idea. But this is too altruistic for a business. Is it? Money is the root of all evil as they say and banging a longstanding customer like FF is evil IMO.

Yeah, life happens and all that but isn?t it sad that he has to corrupt these fine young children by turning them into Devils fans? (Child Protective Services has been called.)

The truth of the matter is that as you age and earn more you expect to have to pay more but you can if everything goes well.

MSG?s blatant and professed money-grab is unfortunate. Their ability to sell out every game has created a culture of greed. I don?t like it but see it for what it is.

MSG’s blatant and professed money-grab is unfortunate. Their ability to sell out every game has created a culture of greed. I don’t like it but see it for what it is.

I'll bet you MONEY that they "sell out" only because every ticket in the arena is bought and paid for. Whether there's an ass in every seat in the building is another story.

I hear that they want to get rid of some season tickets. I heard that if someone doesn't renew their subscription, they aren't going to fill it because they don't have any single game tickets available, everything is almost all season subs. It costs me an arm and a leg to go to a game, but my kids love it, so I take them to 1 game a year. All New York sports are overpriced. Giants tickets are far worse than what the garden charges.

I hear that they want to get rid of some season tickets. I heard that if someone doesn't renew their subscription, they aren't going to fill it because they don't have any single game tickets available, everything is almost all season subs. It costs me an arm and a leg to go to a game, but my kids love it, so I take them to 1 game a year. All New York sports are overpriced. Giants tickets are far worse than what the garden charges.

I heard the same thing and by creating packages they can generate more $$$. My kids are older and my oldest has finished college, works and buys his own ticket when we go to the game, but I'll pay for eats and drinks. However, he'll buy a beer for his dad and it is all worth it. :cheers:

Yea. I can't believe those who paid to sit during the games this year. That must have been especially brutal. I try to go to a game at least once a year. I love live games and the atmosphere but it's too much for my pocket. It's a shame to. They just keep going up in price.

Yea. I can't believe those who paid to sit during the games this year. That must have been especially brutal. I try to go to a game at least once a year. I love live games and the atmosphere but it's too much for my pocket. It's a shame to. They just keep going up in price.

Yeah, a guy I work with has season tickets to the Jets, and he pays that PSL plus the tickets, and then on top of that, if you drive there, you have to buy the parking passes as well, they aren't part of the season tickets. Anytime there is a PSL, fans are dumb if they buy season tickets. I love going to live games as well, but its so expensive to go now, Id rather just watch from home.

I heard the same thing and by creating packages they can generate more $$$. My kids are older and my oldest has finished college, works and buys his own ticket when we go to the game, but I'll pay for eats and drinks. However, he'll buy a beer for his dad and it is all worth it. :cheers:

I used to go with my dad when I had season tickets for the Rangers and I would pay for the tickets and he would pay for the food and drinks, but my kids are only 7 and 3, so I have a while until we can do this, lol.

True. The tickets that I own are the ones they want to. Center ice last row on the aisle. I actually picked up a fourth seat this past summer. When I got my bill the extra seat which was the aisle seat was not $90 it was $112. I called and asked wtf and they told me that market price as an individual seat was $112. It was already to late for me to back out so they stuck me with it.

This is not drama. These are facts. They don?t care that I?ve had tickets for 15 years. I?m not the only one. They are throwing away me to pursue marginal more money. They will come begging when they suck or after the next lockout when they need the loyal fan. To late,fuck them. I will gladly bring my kids to see the devils where they appreciate the business.

My dad took me to games that?s how I became a fan then a season ticket holding customer. How many parents can take their kids to multiple games even one game a year? In the 80?s and 90?s ranger tickets weren?t much more than a devil game. Now the ticket prices aren?t even close yet both teams invest the same because of the cap in the product. Ranger fans are getting screwed by the nhl and Dolan. It?s a double pentration with no lube. It might not show up immediately but they are doing irreparable damage that they will regret.

Two kids wife and yourself costs no less than $600 to go to a game and sit last row. Think about that. If you make $50k a year that’s $900 and change a week before taxes. That’s almost a full weeks take home pay to sit last row to go see the rangers in November. $100k half a weeks pay. Absurd.

Two years ago it cost $350.

That should help grow your customer base.

Everybody questions the memo that was sent out. It wasn’t done in a vacuum. They know they have overplayed their hand.

Best part is upon renewal which is due in two weeks. The rangers have let me know that if they don’t make the playoffs there will be no increase. If they do they might, they will let you know in August, after you have already paid 5 months of payments. Good business as long as your customers are content with getting ass raped.

Oh and resale this year. In October their policy was to not allow tickets to be sold for less than 20% or so of face value on the ticket exchange to protect the season ticket holder. By November there was no baseline. Tickets could be posted for $5. People complained because the dynamic pricing made it impossible to sell your ticket if you couldn’t go. So they changed policy yet again mid season. Obviously the so called market they insist is there doesn’t exist. I had some tickets this year up for $25 and they didn’t sell.

Good luck during your rebuild you selfish fuck Dolan.

Archived