Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 41 to 55 of 55

Thread: Rangers Fansí Wallets Would Get Break with Letdown Season

  1. #41
    Senior Member Bantam Division paddynyc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Bronx, New York
    Posts
    2,368
    Rep Power
    14
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatfrancesa View Post
    Honestly it would be great to hear from another season ticket holder who actually is effected by this.
    Not a season ticket holder as you know, but you are not the first person complaining about the Rangers treatment of season ticket holders, you are the 3rd person I know who have it with MSG and how they conduct business. All this changed when they did the renovations removed 90% of the 400 section and created the lounge atmosphere at the games. The crowd energy is gone and not like it used to be when I started going.
    "Meet me later in the gymnasium, next to the dumbbells... you'll know me, I got a hat on."
    Curly

  2. #42
    Senior Member Pee-Wee Division
    Fatfrancesa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    733
    Rep Power
    19
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatfrancesa View Post
    Significant case of self entitlement, tone deaf? No idea?
    So don’t agree. How about a post about why changing the terms of their agreement after I’ve already paid half the money or changing the price of the ticket mid payments as ok by you? Tell me why that is ok? How that is tone deaf or entitled?

    I own a catering business. I quote you $100 for something. I cater your party then bill you $500. That ok by you?

    Sure don’t pay it. I get it. Fine print they have the right to fuck you.

    Then get a letter from msg to stock holders saying they are trying to rid themselves of season ticket holders. How do you want me to take it? I’m not delusional to think they owe me anything. I would hope though that they would have enough decency to allow for anyone to get out of an agreement and refund their money if they change the terms.

    You’re right this isn’t the first time I’ve mentioned it. Only proof that I’m not complaing now because of the performance of the team. I wanted out in August and they wouldn’t let me. I know for a fact I’m not the only one.

    Odd that they wouldn’t let me out when they don’t want season ticket holders. They want them under those terms, they have nothing to lose propping up prices when all the tickets are sold.

  3. #43
    Senior Member BSBH Prospect
    Blue Heaven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Queens
    Posts
    10,054
    Rep Power
    97
    Quote Originally Posted by paddynyc View Post
    Not a season ticket holder as you know, but you are not the first person complaining about the Rangers treatment of season ticket holders, you are the 3rd person I know who have it with MSG and how they conduct business. All this changed when they did the renovations removed 90% of the 400 section and created the lounge atmosphere at the games. The crowd energy is gone and not like it used to be when I started going.
    Agreed, I was pissed at the renovations, my tixs went from like $30 to $52 or $54 in one off season. This season my seats had the highest percentage increase, my seats went from $62 to $78 (average) per tix. I reemed out my rep but what is he gonna do, he works for Dolan and it doesnt matter what I say b/c the next guy will take my seats in a second.

  4. #44
    Senior Member Pee-Wee Division
    Rangers4Life's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    711
    Rep Power
    22
    Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    Obviously none of us have ever seen increased prices that made us re-evaluate our priorities and expenses like cellphone bills, cable bills, internet, insurance, season tickets to other sports/teams other than the Rangers, brazzers, netflix, parking, property tax, etc
    Brazzers lmao

  5. #45
    Moderator Junior Division
    Future's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    6,307
    Rep Power
    127
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatfrancesa View Post
    So don’t agree. How about a post about why changing the terms of their agreement after I’ve already paid half the money or changing the price of the ticket mid payments as ok by you? Tell me why that is ok? How that is tone deaf or entitled?

    I own a catering business. I quote you $100 for something. I cater your party then bill you $500. That ok by you?

    Sure don’t pay it. I get it. Fine print they have the right to fuck you.
    Read the fine print. If it's not in the fine print that they can do that, sue them. If you signed something that said you understood that they could change the prices, I don't really know what you're complaining about. The ethics of big business? Because that's what they all do. Just stop buying.

    And yes, it is tone deaf, even if you are getting screwed. Your ranting over the value of your tickets to Rangers' games. This shit happens on cable bills, lines of credit, taxes, health care, etc. etc. etc. and that kind of thing has an impact on people's lives. So yea, it's incredibly tone deaf to be so upset and it's absolutely a sense of entitlement to think they owe you some sort of reward for being a long-time season ticket owner.

  6. #46
    Senior Member Pee-Wee Division
    Fatfrancesa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    733
    Rep Power
    19
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Heaven View Post
    I sold every game for face or above face value except for 4 games, and those games were Rangers vs. Devils (10/14), Penguins (10/17), Islanders (10/19), and Predators (10/21). All these games were in the midst of the Rangers not winning games in the beginning of the season and the Yankees in the playoffs. I havent been to a game since the Arizona game (10/26) b/c I was able to sell all my tickets. It does suck that they do dynamic pricing but thats the way sports is going. Yankees/Mets do it, I believe the Islanders do it, so why shouldnt the Rangers do it? It does suck that we (season tix holders) cant make as much money b/c of the dynamic pricing but the teams have every right to make as much money and not have the season ticket holder benefit. Its rough for me to pay for season tickets but as long as I break even or make some money to pay for playoffs or the next season then thats what i will do. The day that I lose $$$ will be the day that I am out as a season ticket holder.
    '
    My favorite games to go to were the Flyers/Islander games when the ticket prices were more affordable (4-5 years ago), but now they are the games that I can make a significant profit to off-set the cost of the games that I sell at face/below face or have to eat. I havent been to a Rangers/Islanders or Flyers game in like 3-4 years. Whatever games don't sell are the one's that I go to as my games for the year which ends up being 4-8 games a year. This year i've been to 5 all in October.
    Thank you for your post. Do you sell most on the exchange or privately? My Issue in a nut shell is that dynamic pricing should have been told to the customers upon renewal not after. I wanted out when they informed me in August. I wanted out when they informed me in August that the fourth seat was $22 more than my other three. I was told I renewed and agreed to the fourth seat. I did but at the old pricing and at $90 in March.

    When did they inform you of dynMic pricing? I knew my tickets were going to $90 in March. I added the fourth seat in June at $90. In August it was $112.

    Of course this is a first world problem. No shit. This is not about me budgeting anything. This is them changing the terms of our agreement and leaving no ability for me to withdrawal from the charged agreement. I don’t have any idea how anybody cannot see that that is not ethical business practice.

  7. #47
    Senior Member Bantam Division paddynyc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Bronx, New York
    Posts
    2,368
    Rep Power
    14
    Quote Originally Posted by Future View Post
    This shit happens on cable bills, lines of credit, taxes, health care, etc. etc. etc. and that kind of thing has an impact on people's lives. So yea, it's incredibly tone deaf to be so upset and it's absolutely a sense of entitlement to think they owe you some sort of reward for being a long-time season ticket owner.
    Future on the options you listed you at least have a chance to change say your cable provider, credit, health care, taxes, well we are screwed here.
    "Meet me later in the gymnasium, next to the dumbbells... you'll know me, I got a hat on."
    Curly

  8. #48
    Senior Member BSBH Prospect
    Blue Heaven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Queens
    Posts
    10,054
    Rep Power
    97
    I sold most on the exchange. Probably about 12 games to friends/friends of friends/or co-workers. Didnt sell one game this year on Stubhub which I sold the majority in the past.
    Just like you they informed me in August about the dynamic pricing and was like WTF, at that point I already sold a bunch of games at $78 to friends not knowing that the Rangers/Oilers (etc....) game had a price of $90.50 per seat. Its definitely shady business BUT im sure other teams are doing it too. Since the Rangers have zero chance for the Cup I hope they dont make the playoffs b/c I dont want my seats to go up after this season.

  9. #49
    Senior Member Pee-Wee Division
    Fatfrancesa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    733
    Rep Power
    19
    Quote Originally Posted by Future View Post
    Read the fine print. If it's not in the fine print that they can do that, sue them. If you signed something that said you understood that they could change the prices, I don't really know what you're complaining about. The ethics of big business? Because that's what they all do. Just stop buying.

    And yes, it is tone deaf, even if you are getting screwed. Your ranting over the value of your tickets to Rangers' games. This shit happens on cable bills, lines of credit, taxes, health care, etc. etc. etc. and that kind of thing has an impact on people's lives. So yea, it's incredibly tone deaf to be so upset and it's absolutely a sense of entitlement to think they owe you some sort of reward for being a long-time season ticket owner.
    I’m not buying anymore.
    I’m on a ranger blog in a thread discussing ticket holders wallets the tone of the disussion is exactly that.

    You want to discuss healthcare, cable bills, etc. You know nothing about me or anything about my entitlement you perceive. I’m engaging in the discussion the thread was started for and your moving the ball into a territory that has nothing to do with the subject. One has nothing to do with the other.

    If your point is that there are more important things in my life than my tickets, well thanks. I have two kids, a wife, a business, employees lives to worry about first so yeah a couple of things thanks.

    Your point conquers every thread on this site. Why are we discussing returns on trades when there are so many homeless? Everybody here is so tone deaf. Save it
    Last edited by Fatfrancesa; 02-14-2018 at 02:50 PM.

  10. #50
    Senior Member Pee-Wee Division
    Fatfrancesa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    733
    Rep Power
    19
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Heaven View Post
    I sold most on the exchange. Probably about 12 games to friends/friends of friends/or co-workers. Didnt sell one game this year on Stubhub which I sold the majority in the past.
    Just like you they informed me in August about the dynamic pricing and was like WTF, at that point I already sold a bunch of games at $78 to friends not knowing that the Rangers/Oilers (etc....) game had a price of $90.50 per seat. Its definitely shady business BUT im sure other teams are doing it too. Since the Rangers have zero chance for the Cup I hope they dont make the playoffs b/c I dont want my seats to go up after this season.
    I don’t disagree with you about other teams. I just felt like they should have let me out after changing the agreement. I actually talked to a lawyer and was told it was a waste of time because obviously they have a lot more resources than me and that I should just not renew. What I don’t understand is that if the tickets are so easy to sell for them why didn’t they just let me out, no hard feelings, and let that line of people waiting supposedly buy them?

  11. #51
    Moderator Junior Division
    Future's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    6,307
    Rep Power
    127
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatfrancesa View Post
    You want to discuss healthcare, cable bills, etc. You know nothing about me or anything about my entitlement you perceive. I’m engaging in the discussion the thread was started for and your moving the ball into a territory that has nothing to do with the subject. One has nothing to do with the other.
    So was I, and then you started crying about it. And stop acting like this thread has anything to do with it, because you've done it in other threads.

    This is the exact same as the "contender" thread a while ago where people didn't agree with you and you cried about that too, and then tried to get cute in calling the two or three of us who disagreed with you out in other threads. You can enjoy playing the victim if you want, but that doesn't make me a troll lol.

  12. #52
    Senior Member Bantam Division
    Long live the King's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    1,894
    Rep Power
    58

  13. #53
    Senior Member Pee-Wee Division
    Fatfrancesa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    733
    Rep Power
    19
    Quote Originally Posted by Future View Post
    So was I, and then you started crying about it. And stop acting like this thread has anything to do with it, because you've done it in other threads.

    This is the exact same as the "contender" thread a while ago where people didn't agree with you and you cried about that too, and then tried to get cute in calling the two or three of us who disagreed with you out in other threads. You can enjoy playing the victim if you want, but that doesn't make me a troll lol.
    The whole basis of your posts, your original or this one, is to troll. This post furthers nothing, adds nothing but instead whines about me. Calling me tone deaf or entitled is not a response that has anything to do with the thread. The “tone” of the thread is the wallets of season ticket holders. My original posts had nothing absolutely nothing to do with you. My posts regarding contenders again wasn’t directed at you but met with much of the same negative I’m complaining pessimistic bullshit. It doesn’t matter that I was completely right and you were completely wrong regarding that thread. It’s just your fall back to make your perceived observations about my character because your actual points are so pathetically wrong. You were wrong about them contending, you were wrong about their direction and you were wrong about them trading their ufas. That’s all a formality now. Didn’t stop you then from trying to turn the conversation about me and it doesn’t now.

    This is the proper thread for me to discuss my experiences as a season ticket holder. That is not crying or whining. Even if you perceive it that way doesn’t add anything to this discussion. The fact is the rangers do some questionable business practices to their customers. That may not effect you the same as me. I stated my experiences which is a complaint about them. You decided to try and make it about me and my entitlement.

    You are the very definition of a troll. That is exactly what you are doing here. It’s ok to be wrong and you don’t even have to admit it. We all know what you said about contending and it’s laughable and has been proven so. Another season ticket holder has already responded that the rangers did indeed notify him as well in August about the change in the terms of how they were pricing their tickets. He was upset by it too. Maybe he didn’t respond with same furor but he also thought they were acting unsavory. You don’t like me venting my shit in the very thread that I’m supposed to be able too. I’m not playing the victim I’m just sick of trying to defend myself instead of you trying to defend your pathetic opinions.

  14. #54
    Moderator Junior Division
    Future's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    6,307
    Rep Power
    127
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatfrancesa View Post
    The whole basis of your posts, your original or this one, is to troll. This post furthers nothing, adds nothing but instead whines about me. Calling me tone deaf or entitled is not a response that has anything to do with the thread. The “tone” of the thread is the wallets of season ticket holders. My original posts had nothing absolutely nothing to do with you. My posts regarding contenders again wasn’t directed at you but met with much of the same negative I’m complaining pessimistic bullshit. It doesn’t matter that I was completely right and you were completely wrong regarding that thread. It’s just your fall back to make your perceived observations about my character because your actual points are so pathetically wrong. You were wrong about them contending, you were wrong about their direction and you were wrong about them trading their ufas. That’s all a formality now. Didn’t stop you then from trying to turn the conversation about me and it doesn’t now.

    This is the proper thread for me to discuss my experiences as a season ticket holder. That is not crying or whining. Even if you perceive it that way doesn’t add anything to this discussion. The fact is the rangers do some questionable business practices to their customers. That may not effect you the same as me. I stated my experiences which is a complaint about them. You decided to try and make it about me and my entitlement.

    You are the very definition of a troll. That is exactly what you are doing here. It’s ok to be wrong and you don’t even have to admit it. We all know what you said about contending and it’s laughable and has been proven so. Another season ticket holder has already responded that the rangers did indeed notify him as well in August about the change in the terms of how they were pricing their tickets. He was upset by it too. Maybe he didn’t respond with same furor but he also thought they were acting unsavory. You don’t like me venting my shit in the very thread that I’m supposed to be able too. I’m not playing the victim I’m just sick of trying to defend myself instead of you trying to defend your pathetic opinions.
    My tone was simply giving a comment to your complaints about ticket prices. This is the third thread you've complained about them in. Don't like it, fine, but it's not trolling.

    You were wrong about them contending, you were wrong about their direction and you were wrong about them trading their ufas. That’s all a formality now. Didn’t stop you then from trying to turn the conversation about me and it doesn’t now.
    For the 10,000th time, everyone just said to wait. There was nobody to be wrong or right in the thread. This was the problem with that entire discussion, you being sarcastic and argumentative in addition to putting words in other posters' mouths.

    Here is the definition of trolling, followed by examples of you trolling that had nothing to do with whether or not the Rangers are contenders.
    B. Trolling: This is known as following a specific poster around, for the sole purpose of annoying them or insulting the topic they are commenting on. It can also apply to simply insulting a thread or post, rather than having an opinion on it. If you think a thread or post sucks, there is no need to comment on it. Move on, or make a contribution to the conversation in the topic. Trolling may result in an Infraction.
    You actually managed to do it without even quoting anybody or anybody you were referring to posting in the thread, which is next-level trolling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatfrancesa View Post
    Just remember this team is a contender.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatfrancesa View Post
    Contenders. Funny
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatfrancesa View Post
    Oh you are still talking go for it mode. I thought the discussion concerning that had kind of finished.
    And this is you purposely trolling after a Rangers L
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatfrancesa View Post
    Haha. This thread is awfully silent. Should last a day. Watch out Pittsburgh here comes the champs
    And this is you whining after an entire thread full of name calling, sarcasm, and non-sequiturs when all other posters did was either establish context or ask you to clarify your points that went nowhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatfrancesa View Post
    That’s fine. But they have no problem being nasty towards my opinion. Pull my head out of my ass and so on. I have no problem with somebody having a different opinion but when you’re being ridiculed by multiple posters more belligerent than the next it’s hard not to respond in kind. Especially less then 24 hours in having these discussions my opinion at the very least is proven reasonable by actual hockey insiders.
    So I'm not particularly interested in your definition of troll or who is wrong or right. You've been nothing but sarcastic and aggressive towards folks who don't agree with you ("Dreger, ever heard of him?" "Our board know-it-all") and I'm not sorry if you feel like my response was demeaning.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •