Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 55

Thread: Rangers Fansí Wallets Would Get Break with Letdown Season

  1. #1
    Senior Member Bantam Division paddynyc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Bronx, New York
    Posts
    2,065
    Rep Power
    11

    Rangers Fansí Wallets Would Get Break with Letdown Season

    https://nypost.com/2018/02/12/ranger...etdown-season/

    The Post has learned and confirmed that the Garden will not increase prices for 2018-19 season subscriptions if the Blueshirts fail to qualify for the first time since 2010.

    Renewal notices were sent early last week to subscribers, who were notified of a new 11-month payment-plan option beginning next month. The Garden has given ticket holders the right to cancel their subscriptions if prices increase for 2018-19. We now know, however, that an increase could only go into effect if the Blueshirts qualify for the postseason.
    I'm sure they'll raise prices everywhere else
    "Meet me later in the gymnasium, next to the dumbbells... you'll know me, I got a hat on."
    Curly

  2. #2
    Senior Member Junior Division
    BlairBettsBlocksEverything's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    5,873
    Rep Power
    63
    They should be dropping. It's getting kind of ridiculous.
    __________________________________

  3. #3
    Senior Member Bantam Division paddynyc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Bronx, New York
    Posts
    2,065
    Rep Power
    11
    They don't care about the real fan any longer
    "Meet me later in the gymnasium, next to the dumbbells... you'll know me, I got a hat on."
    Curly

  4. #4
    Senior Member Junior Division
    BlairBettsBlocksEverything's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    5,873
    Rep Power
    63
    I remember in the 05-06 season after the lockout, the cheap seats were like $25ish. I get that the prices go up when the team gets good and all. But I honestly don't know how anyone affords season tickets. One game for me is like a 'ok, I can go to a game but I'll just have to penny pinch the rest of the week'
    __________________________________

  5. #5
    Senior Member Pee-Wee Division
    Rangers4Life's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    598
    Rep Power
    16
    1 beer and a hotdog, coming right up. That will be $45 please

  6. #6
    The artist formerly known as Mr. Smith Junior Division
    High and Wide's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    6,251
    Rep Power
    90
    Honestly, the fact that these prices changing is contingent on merely making the playoffs is a slap in the face at this point. The change in ticket prices during the 13 year stretch from the 05' lockout is significant enough for even a cup winning team, which this team has obviously not done.
    Hidden Content

    Did everything just taste purple for a second?

  7. #7
    Team Win BSBH Rookie
    josh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    23,111
    Rep Power
    208


    Management - Fans

  8. #8
    Senior Member Mite Division Costa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    11784
    Posts
    133
    Rep Power
    6
    That's why I don't feel bad for any of these SUCKERS that keep the cash registers a-ringing & tolerate this garbage season in & season out.....
    Last edited by Costa; 02-13-2018 at 12:27 PM.
    #TankforTkachuk #SuckforSvechnikov #FailforFilip

  9. #9
    Senior Member Bantam Division 4EverRangerFrank's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    1,060
    Rep Power
    15
    It's (sports) entertainment. Try a concert lately or a B'way show? Ticket prices are nuts everywhere...F-1, Nascar, IndySeries...heck, even a walk-about outdoor museum costs $16. The only hockey 'deal' we get to enjoy at our house is a West Point game - $12 for a seat to watch these guys play their hearts out!

  10. #10
    Senior Member Squirt Division Fatfrancesa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    437
    Rep Power
    8
    05-06 my tickets cost $22. Two years ago $54. Last year $70. This year $90.
    I told them I was done in October. They renewed our seats in March last year and decided to do dynamic pricing in August. At that point I asked for a refund but they refused saying I renewed which I did under different terms. In October I was sent an email sent out by msg to Wall Street on why to buy msg stock. This was an email by msg. It stated that msg was moving away from season ticket holders because they valued having different people filling the seats each night because those people are more likely to spend while at the game. They purposely are pushing season ticket holders out. That was enough for me. I told my rep at that point that I don’t want them charging me for another thing. Not renewal or playoff seats. I didn’t go to one game this year and ate a shit load of money trying to resell. I’m done going to the garden

    I will forever be a ranger fan. My kids, twin boys, however are 3. I kept my seats the past couple of years with hopes to bring them with me in the near future. They will now grow up devil fans because that is what I can afford and I will not give the rangers my money. They purposely stick it in my ass after years of loyalty. It is their prerogative to do so as it is mine to tell them to go screw.

  11. #11
    Senior Member Midget Division
    Kevin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Central NJ
    Posts
    2,909
    Rep Power
    45
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatfrancesa View Post
    05-06 my tickets cost $22. Two years ago $54. Last year $70. This year $90.
    I told them I was done in October. They renewed our seats in March last year and decided to do dynamic pricing in August. At that point I asked for a refund but they refused saying I renewed which I did under different terms. In October I was sent an email sent out by msg to Wall Street on why to buy msg stock. This was an email by msg. It stated that msg was moving away from season ticket holders because they valued having different people filling the seats each night because those people are more likely to spend while at the game. They purposely are pushing season ticket holders out. That was enough for me. I told my rep at that point that I don’t want them charging me for another thing. Not renewal or playoff seats. I didn’t go to one game this year and ate a shit load of money trying to resell. I’m done going to the garden

    I will forever be a ranger fan. My kids, twin boys, however are 3. I kept my seats the past couple of years with hopes to bring them with me in the near future. They will now grow up devil fans because that is what I can afford and I will not give the rangers my money. They purposely stick it in my ass after years of loyalty. It is their prerogative to do so as it is mine to tell them to go screw.

  12. #12
    Team Win BSBH Rookie
    josh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    23,111
    Rep Power
    208

  13. #13
    Senior Member Squirt Division Fatfrancesa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    437
    Rep Power
    8
    How is that drama? It’s reality for me at least. I can’t afford it. The rangers seemed concerned enough about what the fans think to send out a stupid memo telling everybody their intent. They sent it out to pacify their fan base, yet they are completely tone deaf to what any common season ticket holders concerns are. Msg has become a morgue and believe me I’m not the only one that sits around me that have a problem with the pricing. I’m not being dramatic. I’m posting my position as a season ticket holder for 15 years. I’m not renewing, not because they are rebuilding because I’m all for that. I’m not renewing becsuse I can’t afford it and quite honestly it’s getting to the point when most can’t. And again the memo sent out by them states they really don’t want season ticket holders, at least those sitting in the $90 cheap seats. I think they are misguided but we will see. In 05-06 they begged people to come back and went out of their way to show appreciation. Now the team is seemingly going into some tough times and a new cba is coming too. As a businessman I get maximizing your profits. However the good times don’t last forever and your loyal paying customers are not the ones you want to spit on because they aren’t infinite. We’ll see.

  14. #14
    Team Win BSBH Rookie
    josh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    23,111
    Rep Power
    208
    You used to buy 3 beers, now you buy for 3 year olds.

    That's not NYR/MSG's fault, though. That's life.

    You made a big boy decision. You should have known these things were going to come along. Just because you get older and have different priorities, doesnt mean in-demand shit should be cheaper.

    As someone once said, "Good times don't last forever"

  15. #15
    Senior Member Bantam Division 4EverRangerFrank's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    1,060
    Rep Power
    15
    ĎFairnessí would reward FF for his long-term investment in the team. (1. Dynamic pricing is a bitch. 2. The Wall Street letter is insulting to season ticket supporters.)

    A hybrid system would reward the season ticket holder with Ďflat rateí pricing like it always has existed AND dynamic pricing for single-game buyers. A computer could easily manage this idea. But this is too altruistic for a business. Is it? Money is the root of all evil as they say and banging a longstanding customer like FF is evil IMO.

    Yeah, life happens and all that but isnít it sad that he has to corrupt these fine young children by turning them into Devils fans? (Child Protective Services has been called.)

    The truth of the matter is that as you age and earn more you expect to have to pay more but you can if everything goes well.

    MSGís blatant and professed money-grab is unfortunate. Their ability to sell out every game has created a culture of greed. I donít like it but see it for what it is.

  16. #16
    Senior Member Mite Division Costa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    11784
    Posts
    133
    Rep Power
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by 4EverRangerFrank View Post

    MSG’s blatant and professed money-grab is unfortunate. Their ability to sell out every game has created a culture of greed. I don’t like it but see it for what it is.
    I'll bet you MONEY that they "sell out" only because every ticket in the arena is bought and paid for. Whether there's an ass in every seat in the building is another story.
    #TankforTkachuk #SuckforSvechnikov #FailforFilip

  17. #17
    Formerly Dru23 BSBH Prospect
    NYR2711's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    West Babylon
    Posts
    13,277
    Rep Power
    77
    I hear that they want to get rid of some season tickets. I heard that if someone doesn't renew their subscription, they aren't going to fill it because they don't have any single game tickets available, everything is almost all season subs. It costs me an arm and a leg to go to a game, but my kids love it, so I take them to 1 game a year. All New York sports are overpriced. Giants tickets are far worse than what the garden charges.

  18. #18
    Senior Member Bantam Division paddynyc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Bronx, New York
    Posts
    2,065
    Rep Power
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by NYR2711 View Post
    I hear that they want to get rid of some season tickets. I heard that if someone doesn't renew their subscription, they aren't going to fill it because they don't have any single game tickets available, everything is almost all season subs. It costs me an arm and a leg to go to a game, but my kids love it, so I take them to 1 game a year. All New York sports are overpriced. Giants tickets are far worse than what the garden charges.
    I heard the same thing and by creating packages they can generate more $$$. My kids are older and my oldest has finished college, works and buys his own ticket when we go to the game, but I'll pay for eats and drinks. However, he'll buy a beer for his dad and it is all worth it.
    "Meet me later in the gymnasium, next to the dumbbells... you'll know me, I got a hat on."
    Curly

  19. #19
    Pain heals. Chicks dig scars BSBH Prospect
    Shane Falco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    LI, NY
    Posts
    12,062
    Rep Power
    109
    Quote Originally Posted by NYR2711 View Post
    I hear that they want to get rid of some season tickets. I heard that if someone doesn't renew their subscription, they aren't going to fill it because they don't have any single game tickets available, everything is almost all season subs. It costs me an arm and a leg to go to a game, but my kids love it, so I take them to 1 game a year. All New York sports are overpriced. Giants tickets are far worse than what the garden charges.
    Yea. I can't believe those who paid to sit during the games this year. That must have been especially brutal. I try to go to a game at least once a year. I love live games and the atmosphere but it's too much for my pocket. It's a shame to. They just keep going up in price.

  20. #20
    Formerly Dru23 BSBH Prospect
    NYR2711's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    West Babylon
    Posts
    13,277
    Rep Power
    77
    Quote Originally Posted by Shane Falco View Post
    Yea. I can't believe those who paid to sit during the games this year. That must have been especially brutal. I try to go to a game at least once a year. I love live games and the atmosphere but it's too much for my pocket. It's a shame to. They just keep going up in price.
    Yeah, a guy I work with has season tickets to the Jets, and he pays that PSL plus the tickets, and then on top of that, if you drive there, you have to buy the parking passes as well, they aren't part of the season tickets. Anytime there is a PSL, fans are dumb if they buy season tickets. I love going to live games as well, but its so expensive to go now, Id rather just watch from home.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •