Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Erik Karlsson - New Centerpiece?

Senior Member BSBH Prospect
    Karlsson is having one of the worst seasons of his career and will cost a fortune. the guys on TSN radio said if they were a GM they'd be very very weary of signing him. He may not be fully healed -- and may never be.
    GORTON 2020

Senior Member Pee-Wee Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatfrancesa View Post
    I guess the idea of rebuilding hasnít sunk in for some. Rebuilds donít start by trading away picks and your young assets for an aging star.
    Give that man a Ceee-gar!!!

Moderator BSBH Prospect
    Unique trade idea that doesn't work for either team.

Deleted Midget Division
    Tavares makes infinitely more sense than this.

Senior Member Bantam Division
    Quote Originally Posted by LONG TIME FAN View Post
    Tavares will be running at belmont, imo.
    LMAO

Senior Member Squirt Division Sod16's Avatar
    aging star.
    At 27? Enough has been made about how he's not the player he was before the surgery. He was fantastic on one leg in the playoffs last year. You don't win cups without a couple of ultra elite talents, which we do not have. Aside from Jagr for a year or two, we haven't had an ultra elite skater since about 1997 (We have not had a skater chosen for the First or Second postseason all star teams since 1997). We are not likely to get one meandering around, missing the playoffs, and picking about 10th in the draft. For God's sake, this is the reigning Norris winner!

For gods sake this team is going into a rebuild as are the senators. They want draft picks and top prospects. For Karlsson they are going to want 4-5 of those. For gods sake the rebuilding rangers are going to trade Andersson chytil Igor and two first round picks for Karlsson? For gods sake what am I thinking?

And the best part is they probably say no to that deal

You are correct that there are other teams with more of what the Sens might want than what we have. If they were willing to do a deal that started with McD with some younger talent mixed in, I'd do it.

Why would they want mcd? He’s not going to sign there just like Karlsson. They are rebuilding they don’t want a pending ufa with injury history. They are also very money conscious.

Quote Originally Posted by Sod16 View Post
    You are correct that there are other teams with more of what the Sens might want than what we have. If they were willing to do a deal that started with McD with some younger talent mixed in, I'd do it.
    Thatís not how rebuilding works. Youíre not talking about a 20 y/o. By the time this team is legit, Karlsson will be 30/31 and broken down. Dealing for him at this stage makes absolutely no sense.

Banned Midget Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Rangers4Life View Post
    That’s not how rebuilding works. You’re not talking about a 20 y/o. By the time this team is legit, Karlsson will be 30/31 and broken down. Dealing for him at this stage makes absolutely no sense.
    this team is not going into a rebuild for 3-4 years. they will try to be competitive next year. they will sign few UFA in the offseason too

Quote Originally Posted by CCCP View Post
    this team is not going into a rebuild for 3-4 years. they will try to be competitive next year. they will sign few UFA in the offseason too
    I disagree, I believe theyíre going to tear it down as much as they can (unable to move Hanks contract) and rebuild through the draft.

But for the sake of an argument with them not rebuilding and making a move like this, being competitive and legit contenders is 2 totally different things. Why would you want to trade your best asset for a an injured and aging player that will be a UFA the following season?

Banned Midget Division
    I disagree, I believe they’re going to tear it down as much as they can (unable to move Hanks contract) and rebuild through the draft.

But for the sake of an argument with them not rebuilding and making a move like this, being competitive and legit contenders is 2 totally different things. Why would you want to trade your best asset for a an injured and aging player that will be a UFA the following season?
    I'm not saying you should trade McD for karlson but karlson is 10 times the player McD will every be.
    I think Karlson is damaged good, otherwise why would the sens want to move him? he's an elite d-man any team dreams about

Russian Meddling BSBH Rookie
    I disagree, I believe they’re going to tear it down as much as they can (unable to move Hanks contract) and rebuild through the draft.

Replacing Hank will be a much bigger issue than dealing with his cap hit for a few more seasons.
    They'll make their moves to get "younger, stronger, faster and more skilled" players, and re-evaluate prior to the draft, and again over the summer.

Way too many assets to completely tear it down. If that happens, it will be in 3-4 years when all the contracts are off the books.
    Lias Andersson for #AJT2019

Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    Replacing Hank will be a much bigger issue than dealing with his cap hit for a few more seasons.
    They'll make their moves to get "younger, stronger, faster and more skilled" players, and re-evaluate prior to the draft, and again over the summer.

Way too many assets to completely tear it down. If that happens, it will be in 3-4 years when all the contracts are off the books.
    When I say tear it down, I mean the likes of what weíve been talking about here for the last week. Moving Nash, Grabner, Zucc, McD and even finding a way to move Staal. As for Hankís replacement, everyone seems to rave about Shestyorkin so we can hope that heís at least 75% of what Hank was and itís a homerun.

Why would they want mcd? He’s not going to sign there just like Karlsson.
    No one who's going to be a UFA for the next couple of years is going to re-sign with the Sens, so what they need is high end players with at least three years left on their contracts and no NTCs. That's an incredibly limited group. So if they are intent on trading him and want proven players, they will have to take McD or others like him.

Russian Meddling BSBH Rookie
    When I say tear it down, I mean the likes of what we’ve been talking about here for the last week. Moving Nash, Grabner, Zucc, McD and even finding a way to move Staal. As for Hank’s replacement, everyone seems to rave about Shestyorkin so we can hope that he’s at least 75% of what Hank was and it’s a homerun.
    The last few overly hyped goalies that game into the league were Jack Campbell, Jonas Gustafsson, and Jakob Markstrom.

His KHL stats are similar to Karri Ramo.
    Lias Andersson for #AJT2019

Moderator Junior Division
    Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    The last few overly hyped goalies that game into the league were Jack Campbell, Jonas Gustafsson, and Jakob Markstrom.

His KHL stats are similar to Karri Ramo.
    The first 3 never played in the KHL.

Shestyorkin has save percentages of .937 and .930 in his first two years with a substantial KHL workload. Ramo averaged .923 over his first 4 years in the KHL and just hit .930 for the first time this year. Shestyorkin has 14 shutouts in 58 games over the last two seasons, Ramo has 18 in 190 games. Plus, Ramo was, I think 23 when he started in the KHL, Shestyorkin just turned 22 in December. So they're similar, but also, not even close.

Just a Simple Country Squire BSBH Prospect
    If Shestyorkin is a dud, who cares, there's 40 other suitable candidates out there and only 31 Teams.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast