Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Erik Karlsson - New Centerpiece?

Senior Member Squirt Division jsm7302's Avatar

Erik Karlsson - New Centerpiece?

27 Years Old....One more year on his contract...Possibility??

McDonagh, Grabner and a late round pick for Mr. Karlsson? I know he isnt on the better side of his 20's but...you still need experience in a room in order to build young guys. We need a dynamic talent for our less than dynamic roster pieces and it doesn't get much better than Karlsson. Id at least make the call and inquire.

That still leaves Nash and others to acquire draft picks. Thoughts?

Senior Member Bantam Division
    Quote Originally Posted by jsm7302 View Post
    27 Years Old....One more year on his contract...Possibility??

McDonagh, Grabner and a late round pick for Mr. Karlsson? I know he isnt on the better side of his 20's but...you still need experience in a room in order to build young guys. We need a dynamic talent for our less than dynamic roster pieces and it doesn't get much better than Karlsson. Id at least make the call and inquire.

That still leaves Nash and others to acquire draft picks. Thoughts?
    After his injury his skating what it was and that makes him a no in my books, that's what he's lived off of.

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile...ed by Tapatalk

Senior Member Pee-Wee Division
    Why? What’s the point in trading for him?

Senior Member Squirt Division jsm7302's Avatar
    27 Years Old....One more year on his contract...Possibility?? I know he isnt on the better side of his 20's but...you still need experience in a room in order to build young guys. We need a dynamic talent for our less than dynamic roster pieces and it doesn't get much better than Karlsson.
    ^^Point is he is a dynamic talent with a lot left in the gas tank and a good mentor to our upcoming young roster. Kind of similar to Jagr when he was here......

Pain heals. Chicks dig scars BSBH Prospect

Erik Karlsson- New Centerpiece?

Speaking as a big fan of Karlsson, I would have to say no to this. He’s going to command max term/money on his next contract and we’ve already got one that’s got this team handcuffed . I know he’s an elite talent, but he’s not the answer.

It just doesn’t make sense to trade for him. It’s not like we are contending.

Pain heals. Chicks dig scars BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by Rangers4Life View Post
    It just doesn’t make sense to trade for him. It’s not like we are contending.
    It doesn’t. But I took the OP’s suggestion as someone to build the defense around. Either way he would cost too much in assets and money.

If you ain't first, you're last! BSBH Legend
    That's not even close to what it would cost to acquire him. McDonagh, like Karlsson, has one year before UFA. You think he's staying in Ottawa? Or Grabner?

More like Skjei, Buchnevich, NYR 1st and conditional 1st.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk
    Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"I've always said, I'd rather tame a tiger than paint stripes on a kitty cat."
    - Dean Lombardi

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus, and the feeling that whatever
    you think you'e bound to be okay, because you're in the safely moral majority."

- Christopher Hitchens

Already have one traffic cone defenseman in Shattenkirk. Hard no. Overrated player

Senior Member Bantam Division
    ^^Point is he is a dynamic talent with a lot left in the gas tank and a good mentor to our upcoming young roster. Kind of similar to Jagr when he was here......
    His injuries make this a really bad move for a team trying to get younger. Picture Bobby Orr as a Blackhawk.

Senior Member Pee-Wee Division rmc51's Avatar
    A bit too old to "start building around". By the time the Rangers are re-built, Karlsson will be 30s.
    Last edited by rmc51; 02-12-2018 at 09:58 AM.

//reported Junior Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Shane Falco View Post
    It doesn’t. But I took the OP’s suggestion as someone to build the defense around. Either way he would cost too much in assets and money.
    Definitely agree with this. It's not that he's not a great player (hope this year is an anomaly), it's just that his cost would be very very rich. And then his next contract where he wants what he's worth, no thanks.
    LGR!

Senior Member BSBH Prospect
    Ottawa is going with a rebuild, why would they trade Karlsson for McD/Grabner? At the minimum it would cost the Rangers 2-3 young players plus picks. No way, shape or form would Ottawa want McD.

Senior Member Midget Division paddynyc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Heaven View Post
    Ottawa is going with a rebuild, why would they trade Karlsson for McD/Grabner? At the minimum it would cost the Rangers 2-3 young players plus picks. No way, shape or form would Ottawa want McD.
    Yes Otttawa is not an option on anther thread someone posted something about the Sens wanting to move Brass
    "Meet me later in the gymnasium, next to the dumbbells... you'll know me, I got a hat on."
    Curly

//reported Junior Division
    Quote Originally Posted by paddynyc View Post
    Yes Otttawa is not an option on anther thread someone posted something about the Sens wanting to move Brass
    Exactly. As stated, Grabner and McDonagh do nothing for OTT.
    LGR!

Senior Member BSBH Prospect
    I think McKenzie just tweeted that the cost for Brass, is a 1st, player, and prospect

Edit: It was LeBrun

@PierreVLeBrun
    Senators talking to teams about Derick Brassard; price is believed to be a 1st RD pick, top prospect plus 3rd piece. Brassard has another year left on his deal next season at $5M AAV although it's $3.5 M in real cash
    Last edited by Blue Heaven; 02-12-2018 at 10:14 AM.

Senior Member Squirt Division Sod16's Avatar
    That's an absurd price for Brass. However, if he goes the UFA route after next season I would go after him as a No. 2 or 3 center, if we continue to be weak at the position.

As for Karlsson, why even talk about Grabner? The Sens are out of the playoffs and have zero use for a UFA. I don't think any of us really have our hands around the degree to which Karlsson's injury/surgery have impacted his play or stand to do so in the future. I don't think we have the goods to trade for him. The Sens don't want McD. While Karlsson would highly likely sign a new contract with the Rangers, the Sens would likely get just one year out of McD, who they'd probably end up trading at the deadline next year.

Formerly Dru23 BSBH Prospect
    Karlsson isn't going to help. We can't trade away our players for a rebuild and then bring in more high priced free agents. Its pointless to trade away our guys then.

I guess the idea of rebuilding hasn’t sunk in for some. Rebuilds don’t start by trading away picks and your young assets for an aging star.

Senior Member Midget Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatfrancesa View Post
    I guess the idea of rebuilding hasn’t sunk in for some. Rebuilds don’t start by trading away picks and your young assets for an aging star.
    I guess this "rebuilding" thing is new to everyone lol

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast