• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Erik Karlsson - New Centerpiece?

jsm7302

27 Years Old....One more year on his contract...Possibility??

McDonagh, Grabner and a late round pick for Mr. Karlsson? I know he isnt on the better side of his 20's but...you still need experience in a room in order to build young guys. We need a dynamic talent for our less than dynamic roster pieces and it doesn't get much better than Karlsson. Id at least make the call and inquire.

That still leaves Nash and others to acquire draft picks. Thoughts?

27 Years Old....One more year on his contract...Possibility??

McDonagh, Grabner and a late round pick for Mr. Karlsson? I know he isnt on the better side of his 20's but...you still need experience in a room in order to build young guys. We need a dynamic talent for our less than dynamic roster pieces and it doesn't get much better than Karlsson. Id at least make the call and inquire.

That still leaves Nash and others to acquire draft picks. Thoughts?

After his injury his skating what it was and that makes him a no in my books, that's what he's lived off of.

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

27 Years Old....One more year on his contract...Possibility?? I know he isnt on the better side of his 20's but...you still need experience in a room in order to build young guys. We need a dynamic talent for our less than dynamic roster pieces and it doesn't get much better than Karlsson.

^^Point is he is a dynamic talent with a lot left in the gas tank and a good mentor to our upcoming young roster. Kind of similar to Jagr when he was here......

^^Point is he is a dynamic talent with a lot left in the gas tank and a good mentor to our upcoming young roster. Kind of similar to Jagr when he was here......

His injuries make this a really bad move for a team trying to get younger. Picture Bobby Orr as a Blackhawk.

It doesn’t. But I took the OP’s suggestion as someone to build the defense around. Either way he would cost too much in assets and money.

Definitely agree with this. It's not that he's not a great player (hope this year is an anomaly), it's just that his cost would be very very rich. And then his next contract where he wants what he's worth, no thanks.

Ottawa is going with a rebuild, why would they trade Karlsson for McD/Grabner? At the minimum it would cost the Rangers 2-3 young players plus picks. No way, shape or form would Ottawa want McD.

Yes Otttawa is not an option on anther thread someone posted something about the Sens wanting to move Brass

I think McKenzie just tweeted that the cost for Brass, is a 1st, player, and prospect

Edit: It was LeBrun

:tweet: @PierreVLeBrun

Senators talking to teams about Derick Brassard; price is believed to be a 1st RD pick, top prospect plus 3rd piece. Brassard has another year left on his deal next season at $5M AAV although it's $3.5 M in real cash

That's an absurd price for Brass. However, if he goes the UFA route after next season I would go after him as a No. 2 or 3 center, if we continue to be weak at the position.

As for Karlsson, why even talk about Grabner? The Sens are out of the playoffs and have zero use for a UFA. I don't think any of us really have our hands around the degree to which Karlsson's injury/surgery have impacted his play or stand to do so in the future. I don't think we have the goods to trade for him. The Sens don't want McD. While Karlsson would highly likely sign a new contract with the Rangers, the Sens would likely get just one year out of McD, who they'd probably end up trading at the deadline next year.

Archived