Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: New York Mets 2018

Senior Member Midget Division paddynyc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rangers02 View Post
    DeGrom just won the NL Cy Young because of his performance, not the team he is on.
    Mets fans, you need to build your team around Make even though the Wilson's are too cheap to even give a damn about this team that it has depth, then experiencing an injury bug the likes of which no one has ever seen. And please stop paying Bobby Bonilla more than Aaron Judge.

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile...ed by Tapatalk
    Nothing like the CBA in baseball. deGrom was lights out this year and a nobrainer for Cy Young.
    "Meet me later in the gymnasium, next to the dumbbells... you'll know me, I got a hat on."
    Curly

Senior Member Bantam Division lefty9's Avatar
    Can the stupid Wilpons just sign him,god offer him a five or six year deal already.
    Besides being cheap,they just dont know where to spend their money

Senior Member Bantam Division
    Awesome year, Jacob - congrats!

Coaching Fail Pee-Wee Division GordonGecko's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rangers02 View Post
    DeGrom just won the NL Cy Young because of his performance, not the team he is on.
    Mets fans, you need to build your team around Make even though the Wilson's are too cheap to even give a damn about this team that it has depth, then experiencing an injury bug the likes of which no one has ever seen. And please stop paying Bobby Bonilla more than Aaron Judge.
    This is 2018, you don't build a team around a starting pitcher anymore. If anything you build around a deep talented bullpen, which the Mets have almost none of

Quote Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
    This is 2018, you don't build a team around a starting pitcher anymore. If anything you build around a deep talented bullpen, which the Mets have almost none of
    Bullpens have changed the game, but you still need good starting pitching to get to the bullpen. You still see teams paying a premium for good starting pitchers
    "Meet me later in the gymnasium, next to the dumbbells... you'll know me, I got a hat on."
    Curly

Quote Originally Posted by 4EverRangerFrank View Post
    Awesome year, Jacob - congrats!
    Yes it was the only bright spot in another dreary year for the Mets.
    Curly

Coaching Fail Pee-Wee Division GordonGecko's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by paddynyc View Post
    Bullpens have changed the game, but you still need good starting pitching to get to the bullpen. You still see teams paying a premium for good starting pitchers
    What you're seeing over time is starting pitchers throwing less and less innings. And considering starters only pitch 1 in every 5 games their role and value has been changing in terms of how you build a contender. Aces are fantastic and you need them, but not if their salary handcuffs you from being able to get the pieces needed to contend

https://www.wsj.com/articles/the-dra...ing-1520375747
    The Dramatic Decline in Starting Pitching

Baseball’s Unhealthy Obsession With Starting Pitchers Is Killing the Game
    https://www.newsweek.com/baseball-st...nsation-472870
    Last edited by GordonGecko; 11-17-2018 at 12:25 AM.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789