Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Gauging Returns on an Inevitable Trade - Will Rick Be a Nash-ville or Star?

If you ain't first, you're last! BSBH Legend

Predators Leading the Charge in Rick Nash Pursuit

The Nashville Predators are leading the charge in interest for forward Rick Nash and also seem to covet defenceman Mike Green, according to Sportsnet’s Nick Kypreos.

Nash has been a hot topic in recent days with trade rumours swirling fiercely around the New York Rangers right winger. He submitted a no-trade list to Rangers general manager Jeff Gorton this week and it seems inevitable he’ll be dealt ahead of the Feb. 26 trade deadline.

The Dallas Stars also have significant interest in Nash, adds Kypreos. The 33-year-old impending free agent owns a $7.8-million cap hit (roughly $2.4 million in remaining actual dollars owed). Entering Saturday, he had 17 goals and 27 points in 55 games.
    https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/...trade-pursuit/
    Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"I've always said, I'd rather tame a tiger than paint stripes on a kitty cat."
    - Dean Lombardi

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus, and the feeling that whatever
    you think you'e bound to be okay, because you're in the safely moral majority."

- Christopher Hitchens

Just a Simple Country Squire BSBH Prospect
    I don't see an obvious fit with Nashville as far as a return goes. I don't think you'll get Tolvanen and I don't want more smallish defencemen.

Senior Member Bantam Division
    What about Dante Fabbro? He's a righty Dman 6'1" 195lb drafted in the 1st (17th overall) in 2016. He's a soph at BU currently.

He and a 1st is a fair price and good fit for Nash. If that is too much in return, we could send them back a 3rd round pick. The Preds may be one of the few teams willing to use their first in a trade. They are pretty good at drafting Dmen and seem to be one of the teams that seriously think they can win the Cup and should go for it.
    Last edited by Giacomin; 02-11-2018 at 09:48 AM.

//reported Junior Division
    Holy shit, the Preds have 11m in cap space. That team is so fucking deep and cost-controlled, it's insane.
    LGR!

Formerly Dru23 BSBH Prospect
    Why get a defenseman back for Nash? This team needs a legit top 6 scorer.

Senior Member Squirt Division Fatfrancesa's Avatar
    This team needs everything. And if they are moving mcd and Holden too they will need defense anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Fatfrancesa View Post
    This team needs everything. And if they are moving mcd and Holden too they will need defense anyway
    For them, yes get a defensemen in return, but if they aren't getting moved, or just Holden is being moved, then don't bring back another defensemen in exchange for Nash

Senior Member Pee-Wee Division
    Is the Rangers defenseman prospect pool that good that they don't need a prospect? Honest question.

The suggestion was a defenseman prospect plus a first round pick, the pick is where you can get the legit scorer in the draft. Along with trading McD and Grabner for multiple picks.

Quote Originally Posted by Rangers4Life View Post
    Is the Rangers defenseman prospect pool that good that they don't need a prospect? Honest question.

The suggestion was a defenseman prospect plus a first round pick, the pick is where you can get the legit scorer in the draft. Along with trading McD and Grabner for multiple picks.
    If the deal is with Nashville or Dallas, neither of those picks is high enough in the first round where your getting that type of player. You get that kind of a player in the first 3-5 picks of the first round. You grab your defensive prospects in the draft where they can mature into the position. There are more top defensive prospects available in a draft than there are top 6 scoring prospects.

Senior Member Squirt Division Fatfrancesa's Avatar
    Nashville’s best prospect is a defenseman. You get the best player. The rangers defense couldn’t use a good player? The rangers would do best to get the best prospect they can in any deal no matter position. There are holes everywhere and if they are going through a rebuild then it doesn’t matter they need everything.

Senior Member Bantam Division
    Need to focus on talent rather than position when trying to make a good trade. Get the best player, not the best C or best LW becasue you "need" one.

Deleted Midget Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Flynn View Post
    Need to focus on talent rather than position when trying to make a good trade. Get the best player, not the best C or best LW becasue you "need" one.
    True, to a degree. Plus, you can always flip them for what you may need. A team may not need a Nash, but they may be willing to swap a bluechip d for a bluechip C

Senior Member Junior Division
    Quote Originally Posted by NYR2711 View Post
    Why get a defenseman back for Nash? This team needs a legit top 6 scorer.
    My theory is that they are dealing McD for one of the proposed Toronto forwards, and will be in on Tavares this summer. So, might as well load up on some D.

5. Nashville definitely is all in on Rick Nash. The question is if they can outbid a large field. They already dealt Sam Girard, Vladislav Kamenev and their second-round pick in the Kyle Turris deal, so how deep are they willing to go? A first-rounder that might be 27th or lower won’t do it. They’ve still got excellent prospects (Dante Fabbro and Eeli Tolvanen atop the list) and no doubt the Rangers will try to leverage from those.
    http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/3...adline/sn-amp/

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk
    Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus, and the feeling that whatever

- Christopher Hitchens

Starting point is Fiala, Tolvanen or Fabbro or gtfo

There's no other deal to be had here. If you have to expand deal to include Zuke or somebody then maybe we can talk, too.

Yup. I don't see them giving up on Fiala yet, but that's the group for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk
    Hidden Content

- John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

- Christopher Hitchens

Fiala really jumped out at me when they last played. He'd be the hardest get, I think, but that would be fantastic.

I think Nashville has the pieces to get it done. Rangers are looking for 3 pieces but Fiala, Tolvanen or Fabbro and a 1st would excite me.

Also, it makes Nashville the deepest team in the league and a must watch moving forward. I think that trade would be good for both sides.
    FIRE VIGNEAULT

Senior Member Midget Division Rangers's Avatar
    Wouldn’t it make sense for Nashville to trade for Grabner who will cost less in assets?
    Last edited by Rangers; 02-13-2018 at 07:12 PM.
    Rebuild Mode.

Quote Originally Posted by Rangers View Post
    Wouldn’t it make sense for Nashville to trade for Grabner who will cost less in assets?
    I guess if they're just trading to make a trade. Grabner is no where near as good as Nash.
    FIRE VIGNEAULT

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast