Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Gauging Returns on an Inevitable Trade - Will Rick Be a Nash-ville or Star?

Moderator Junior Division
    It's too bad that TBL doesn't have a winger as dynamic as Tolvanen, because my pants just got tighter thinking about coming out of this deadline with Fabbro, Tolvanen and 3 firsts (even though I think it's unlikely).

Senior Member BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by Future View Post
    It's too bad that TBL doesn't have a winger as dynamic as Tolvanen, because my pants just got tighter thinking about coming out of this deadline with Fabbro, Tolvanen and 3 firsts (even though I think it's unlikely).
    Nashville certainly isn't giving up a 1st, Fabbro AND Tolvanen. Not for Rick Nash. We should be happy with a 1st and just one of those players.
    GORTON 2020

Senior Member Bantam Division
    I think he's talking grabs and McD also

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile...ed by Tapatalk

Tampa a tolvanen type and first for McD first grabs first fabro for nash

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile...ed by Tapatalk

If you ain't first, you're last! BSBH Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by ThirtyONE View Post
    Nashville certainly isn't giving up a 1st, Fabbro AND Tolvanen. Not for Rick Nash. We should be happy with a 1st and just one of those players.
    No, but they might if Zucc went too.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk
    Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"I've always said, I'd rather tame a tiger than paint stripes on a kitty cat."
    - Dean Lombardi

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus, and the feeling that whatever
    you think you'e bound to be okay, because you're in the safely moral majority."

- Christopher Hitchens

Quote Originally Posted by Phil in Absentia View Post

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk
    Sign me the fuck up.
    GORTON 2020

Senior Member Midget Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunny View Post
    I think Fabbro is the guy that makes sense.

They're stacked on D, we're short on it.
    Right and right.

I'm still tempering expectations, but I'd be ecstatic with what we were saying last week. Fabbro and their 2018 1st for Nash and a (3rd or Holden). Seems fair for all.

For jjweimer, Fabbro was the 17th overall selection by Nashville in 2016. He is a standout offensively and had great success everywhere. As was said, he is an all around player possessing good size, excellent speed, puck handling, rushing, shooting, passing. Get this though, no one questions his defense or his skills either. I think he's a can't miss prospect with tremendous upside. Only reason he could be in play is that the Preds are dead serious, like Nash and are loaded on the blueline.

Two first rounders is an overpay for any rental, especially a prospect exceeding expectations. Though this year's pick could be a very late #1. This is why we return a 3rd rounder, giving them a decent extra pick in between their 2nd and 3rd.
    Last edited by Giacomin; 02-14-2018 at 06:08 PM.

Moderator Junior Division
    Quote Originally Posted by ThirtyONE View Post
    No I mean a first and fabbro in one trade, a first and tolvanen in another, plus grabner

Quote Originally Posted by Phil in Absentia View Post
    Wow, love that trade for us.

It sure would make NASHville favorites in the West. Who here wouldn't root for them this year?

Funny thing is Tampa really needs to get involved. In case you missed it, the Bruins have essentially passed them and are smoking hot. We need to be talking about Tampa and their prospects. They (Yzerman) have been vocal about going for it this year and next.

Now they might wind up in a first round against Toronto instead of Carolina or some other shitty 8 seed. They need to make moves/

They want a big time defender and McD is a perfect 2 year solution and they get to reassess. Greg Wysh was discussing it today, given the upcomong contracts in 2 years.

You know what I find interesting? More than anyone they could use a 3rd line winger who can play D, play with speed and kill penalties. Grabs fits perfect. Yet, if they want a guy who can push into their top 6 and push one of the current players down, Nash would be a great get too.

So, trading Point defeats Yzerman's purpose and is stupid. Trading Sergachev seems to be off limits, even for McD. So what would McD return? Grabs should just be their #1. Nash would be somewhere in between.

Most interested in:
    Taylor Raddysh - F
    Cal Foote - D
    Brett Howden - C

I want them all plus a first for McD. Maybe again we have to return a 3rd.

For Nash - Raddysh and a 1st does not seem like enough. None are as good a prospect as Fabbro/Tolvanen IMO. Add another of the 3 and it is too expensive for Tampa.

Quote Originally Posted by Giacomin View Post
    Wow, love that trade for us.

It sure would make NASHville favorites in the West. Who here wouldn't root for them this year?
    I love PK... So yeah, once the former Rangers shit in Forsberg and Emelin's shoes for revenge, I'm all in...

Quote Originally Posted by Giacomin View Post
    Funny thing is Tampa really needs to get involved. In case you missed it, the Bruins have essentially passed them and are smoking hot. We need to be talking about Tampa and their prospects. They (Yzerman) have been vocal about going for it this year and next.

Now they might wind up in a first round against Toronto instead of Carolina or some other shitty 8 seed. They need to make moves/

They want a big time defender and McD is a perfect 2 year solution and they get to reassess. Greg Wysh was discussing it today, given the upcomong contracts in 2 years.

You know what I find interesting? More than anyone they could use a 3rd line winger who can play D, play with speed and kill penalties. Grabs fits perfect. Yet, if they want a guy who can push into their top 6 and push one of the current players down, Nash would be a great get too.

So, trading Point defeats Yzerman's purpose and is stupid. Trading Sergachev seems to be off limits, even for McD. So what would McD return? Grabs should just be their #1. Nash would be somewhere in between.

Most interested in:
    Taylor Raddysh - F
    Cal Foote - D
    Brett Howden - C

I want them all plus a first for McD. Maybe again we have to return a 3rd.

For Nash - Raddysh and a 1st does not seem like enough. None are as good a prospect as Fabbro/Tolvanen IMO. Add another of the 3 and it is too expensive for Tampa.
    Oh and I forgot another Dunny favorite is forward Boris Katchouk. All the kids in Juniors are racking up big points, there is some major potential there.

Flynn, Emelin is a creep.

Senior Member Junior Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Future View Post
    Fabbro would, if I'm not mistaken, come into the league and be a top-6 defender on a lot of teams tomorrow. He's just 19 but is a really mature, smart player, rather than one who depends on athleticism, so he should be good almost immediately (think Provorov). He's just short of a PPG player at Boston this year (24 in 28), so he's got offensive upside as well...and he's a righty.

He kind of reminds me of...Drew Doughty maybe, in that he has all the physical tools but isn't totally dependent on them.
    Is a ppg at the college level really that good? Honest question. I thought numbers would have to be crazy high for a good prospect. Obviously the college level is a different animal than the OHL and stuff like that. But still.

Just a Simple Country Squire BSBH Prospect
    Well, he's a Sophomore, so it's pretty good as a D-man, but it's only one little anecdote.

I don't think he's a sure thing by any means as D men are really hard to project, but he's as a good a bet as any.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dude View Post
    Is a ppg at the college level really that good? Honest question. I thought numbers would have to be crazy high for a good prospect. Obviously the college level is a different animal than the OHL and stuff like that. But still.
    For comparison, Skjei scored a total of 27 points in 109 games at Minnesota.

Just a Simple Country Squire BSBH Prospect
    Right, and it shows lol

Quote Originally Posted by The Dude View Post
    For a college Dman those are great numbers. Fabbro stepped into the lead defender role to replace Charlie McAvoy who is now a 20 y/o top 4 Bruin. McAvoy had 26 points in 38 games last year and 25 the year before. I'd have Fabbro come to the Rangers next year and I'm conservative about pushing kids too soon.

Senior Member Pee-Wee Division
    Take it for what it is but Eklund says rangers and leafs working on a major deal with a third team involved. Mcd to Toronto nash to the third team maybe Carolina nothing on what comes back.

It’s Eklund so it’s 90% bullshit but it’s out there so I thought I’d post it

Senior Member Junior Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Long live the King View Post
    For comparison, Skjei scored a total of 27 points in 109 games at Minnesota.
    Thanks. I thought numbers would have to be higher. Guess not.

Quote Originally Posted by Fatfrancesa View Post
    Take it for what it is but Eklund says rangers and leafs working on a major deal with a third team involved. Mcd to Toronto nash to the third team maybe Carolina nothing on what comes back.

It’s Eklund so it’s 90% bullshit but it’s out there so I thought I’d post it
    Unless it's from one of the main dudes from TSN, it's horseshit.

That said, I've been listening to a lot of Toronto radio lately (because I have no life) and they keep saying the Leafs would like to dump JVR. JVR to the Rangers makes no sense at all so if they're wanting McD and wanting to move JVR then a third team would have to be involved.
    GORTON 2020

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast