Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Gauging Returns on an Inevitable Trade - Will Rick Be a Nash-ville or Star?

If you ain't first, you're last! BSBH Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunny View Post
    Fiala really jumped out at me when they last played. He'd be the hardest get, I think, but that would be fantastic.
    I'd love Fiala. I just think they'd be more amendable to moving a prospect right now. They're gunning for the Cup. Keeping Fiala means they can play Nash on their third line.
    Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"I've always said, I'd rather tame a tiger than paint stripes on a kitty cat."
    - Dean Lombardi

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus, and the feeling that whatever
    you think you'e bound to be okay, because you're in the safely moral majority."

- Christopher Hitchens

Senior Member Midget Division Rangers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ThirtyONE View Post
    I guess if they're just trading to make a trade. Grabner is no where near as good as Nash.
    I wouldn’t exactly call Nash a difference maker either.
    Rebuild Mode.

Senior Member Midget Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunny View Post
    Starting point is Fiala, Tolvanen or Fabbro or gtfo

There's no other deal to be had here. If you have to expand deal to include Zuke or somebody then maybe we can talk, too.
    Fiala tore up the Isles the next game and looked great against the leafs after that. He is a big piece in their lineup already and not someone they'll move during this Cup run. They'll have to choose between Tolvanen and Fabbro if they want Nash.

Senior Member BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by Rangers View Post
    I wouldn’t exactly call Nash a difference maker either.
    He certainly can be. Grabner is close to breaking the ENG record. If Nash actually played with some talented players, he'd be a great addition. Hell, even if he's on the 3rd line in nashville playing with Fisher, PK and PP, that's a great pick up for them IMO.
    GORTON 2020

He certainly can be. Grabner is close to breaking the ENG record. If Nash actually played with some talented players, he'd be a great addition. Hell, even if he's on the 3rd line in nashville playing with Fisher, PK and PP, that's a great pick up for them IMO.
    Grabs also leads in even strength goals. Grabner is going to be a big get for somebody. A team that could use defense or PK, plays with speed and needs a 3rd line upgrade. Great fit for the Jets, moving Armia down to the 4th line. Great fit for Tampa helping their PK and upgrade to all their bottom 6 wingers. The Pens would love Grabs to replace a couple of guys they lost in the off season.

Nash may be the better fit in Nashville, just to replace James Neal's presence last year. Seems like Nash would flourish there with that D corp and their first line already intact.

Well, while Nash needs talented players around him to make a difference, Grabner does everything on his own with his speed and shot.
    Can you imagine what he can do playing with Fisher, Pk and PP?

Not saying Nash isn’t going to be good for them, just saying Grabner would be a better and smarter move with out giving up too many assets.
    Rebuild Mode.

Senior Member BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by Rangers View Post
    Well, while Nash needs talented players around him to make a difference, Grabner does everything on his own with his speed and shot.
    Can you imagine what he can do playing with Fisher, Pk and PP?

Not saying Nash isn’t going to be good for them, just saying Grabner would be a better and smarter move with out giving up too many assets.
    I guess it comes down to matter of opinion. Knowing what I know about both players, if I want to win the Stanley Cup, I'd rather add Rick Nash than Michael Grabner. To me he plays a much fuller game: hangs on to the puck, goes to the front of the net, can pass and shoot. Grabner scores on breakaways and empty nets.
    GORTON 2020

Senior Member Bantam Division
    Overrating grabner a bit here. Nash is a complete hockey player who drives play. Grabner is very good but he’s not on Nash’s level, he’s not even close

Good thing I’m not a scout .
    Rebuild Mode.

Tolvanen and '18 1st and Im sold. Thats two 1st rounders for a rental, really good deal for us.

Tolvanen's numbers in the KHL as an 18 year old is very impressive (17-17-34 in 47 games, +12).

Fabbro would also be a nice get, but I would take a sniper winger instead of a offensive D-man (who had 0 points in 7 games in the WJC).
    Last edited by Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc; 02-14-2018 at 05:26 AM.

Senior Member Pee-Wee Division thes5's Avatar
    As much as I would love Tolvanen, I doubt Nashville part with him for a rental.

Senior Member Mite Division Rosenvold's Avatar
    It's really surprising for me that Nash is valued so highly. I know how good and strong he is, but is he so much more valuable than Eric Staal was last year? He cost us two 2nd-round picks + a low-tier prospect.

Imagine if the Rangers spent a 1st round pick AND a top prospect for a 3rd line rental player...

Senior Member Pee-Wee Division

Gauging Returns on an Inevitable Trade - Will Rick Be a Nash-ville or Star?

Quote Originally Posted by Rosenvold View Post
    It's really surprising for me that Nash is valued so highly. I know how good and strong he is, but is he so much more valuable than Eric Staal was last year? He cost us two 2nd-round picks + a low-tier prospect.

Imagine if the Rangers spent a 1st round pick AND a top prospect for a 3rd line rental player...
    Fan bases always tend to overrate their players. Nash is a known playoff bust, why would teams give so much for him? As someone else mentioned, maybe Grabner is a more valuable piece to a contending team.

Just a Simple Country Squire BSBH Prospect
    He has 23 points in his last 35 playoff games.

Senior Member Pee-Wee Division
    Does he really? Didn’t even notice

Quote Originally Posted by Rosenvold View Post

Welcome to an alternate reality called ranger land. He’s not it’s just not worth wasting the time to argue it anymore. I have read multiple places, last was Matt Larkin, hockey news, that Nash might be had for a 2nd and mid level prospect.

So in the end I agree with you that the Staal trade is probably the comparable. We are not getting any teams top prospect, let alone the number 2 ranked guy in the entire league. Oh wait plus a first for a rental 2nd/3rd line winger.

Would anyone want to trade our first and chytil for Nash? I don’t why people seem to think that every other gm is retarded. They are trying to make themselves better too. This is not a video game

You're describing the payment for Ryan Clowe.

They aren't going to get a 1st and a Top Prospect, but they'll get one of the two and possibly more if a bidding war ensues, which is the problem with Barry Larkins prediction, he's not factoring emotion in.

Quote Originally Posted by Fatfrancesa View Post
    Welcome to an alternate reality called ranger land. He’s not it’s just not worth wasting the time to argue it anymore. I have read multiple places, last was Matt Larkin, hockey news, that Nash might be had for a 2nd and mid level prospect.

So in the end I agree with you that the Staal trade is probably the comparable. We are not getting any teams top prospect, let alone the number 2 ranked guy in the entire league. Oh wait plus a first for a rental 2nd/3rd line winger.

Would anyone want to trade our first and chytil for Nash? I don’t why people seem to think that every other gm is retarded. They are trying to make themselves better too. This is not a video game
    cant really compare the situations. Staal had a NMC and only wanted to waive it for the Rangers. With Nash we have many options and it will be a bidding war bumping the price up.

And besides - two 2nd rounders (50th and 52nd OA) are value wise the same as a really late 1st (that we would get from a contender wanting Nash). And Saarela is a decent prospect. Factor in the "bidding war", Nash being a more "known name" and imo a better player then Staal was I dont see a 1st and a good (obviously not a great) prospect being so far off.

If he does go to Nashville.... I hope the first practice he attends, Nash takes a shit in both Forsberg and Emelin's lockers.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast