• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Recall D John Gilmour

"Fun"?

Theyll look worse than Shattenkirk Smith Holden

Paid less, too.

With theoretically more potential than an injured d-man and his boneheaded friend.

It'll be "fun" to see what happens. What hasn't been "fun" has been watching this ship slowly sink for the past 2 months.

I don't see it as fun either more of a different kind of clown show with some character changes. I think what this will prove out over time is there's virtually no depth of any quality down there to lean on especially at this time. Is it necessary - yeah, but it's not gonna be fun or pretty. Just a different kind of stink in the air.

Gilmour can fly, so yes, fun. Better than watching Staal or Kampfer crawl up the ice with walkers.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

:tweet: @NYRStatsInfo: John Gilmour is tied for seventh among AHL defensemen in assists (20) and points (26) this season. He won the Fastest Skater title during the AHL All-Star Skills Competition with a time of 13.663 seconds, which was the fourth-fastest time in the event's history. #NYR

It's fun to watch rookies try to make plays and fuck up a few times along the way.

It's not fun to watch 30 year olds play safe hockey and still fuck up all the time.

Hell yeah. Anything is more fun than the shit we saw against Boston. Toronto could have been just as bad, but I was distracted scouting the Leaf kids. They were fun to watch.

Fun is just one part of the equation. Let's be a little pragmatic and give these older AHL kids some burn up here. See what they got. Help them adjust to the speed of the game. Get the keepers more experience for next year. Get a real jump on evaluations.

Hell yeah. Anything is more fun than the shit we saw against Boston. Toronto could have been just as bad, but I was distracted scouting the Leaf kids. They were fun to watch.

Fun is just one part of the equation. Let's be a little pragmatic and give these older AHL kids some burn up here. See what they got. Help them adjust to the speed of the game. Get the keepers more experience for next year. Get a real jump on evaluations.

"Help them adjust to the speed of the game."

— That's always a huge hurdle.

better sooner than later

"Get the keepers more experience for next year."

— I wonder if any of Gilmour and Pionk are "keepers." I really hope so. But these days I have little faith in this org not to skip developing prospects and take the "safe way" mediocre path into next season by bringing in more Kampfer-types. But who knows, maybe even that route has had its day; maybe we'll see a more committed rebuild. But keep some guys who are good to show them the way, and who will still be young enough by the time the team turns around. That is if they even want to stay.

"Get a real jump on evaluations."

One can only hope they really do. It's difficult, because of reason 1 above. They have to adjust to the speed of the game first.

— I wonder if any of Gilmour and Pionk are "keepers." I really hope so. But these days I have little faith in this org not to skip developing prospects and take the "safe way" mediocre path into next season by bringing in more Kampfer-types.

I think moving away from the Kampfers is exactly what that press conference was all about. You keep a guy like Kampfer, even if he's got a low ceiling, over a young player to remove variance. When you're not contending, that doesn't really matter.

"Help them adjust to the speed of the game."

— That's always a huge hurdle.

better sooner than later

— I wonder if any of Gilmour and Pionk are "keepers." I really hope so. But these days I have little faith in this org not to skip developing prospects and take the "safe way" mediocre path into next season by bringing in more Kampfer-types. But who knows, maybe even that route has had its day; maybe we'll see a more committed rebuild. But keep some guys who are good to show them the way, and who will still be young enough by the time the team turns around. That is if they even want to stay.

"Get a real jump on evaluations."

One can only hope they really do. It's difficult, because of reason 1 above. They have to adjust to the speed of the game first.

No better way to find out what they are made of then throwing in during the playoff stretch and see how they respond. These are not our 18 y/o 1st round picks. These are kids who have been building for this moment. A chance to play in the NHL. A chance to play so well you stay in the NHL.

They'll have to adjust to the speed and talent, but better now than later. Yet, for some of these guys it is not the mistakes they make, but what they flash. Learning from their mistakes is important, but are they growing and improving. Adjusting and producing. Later we can find out if they can be consistent.

The Rangers have announced that defenseman John Gilmour has been called up from Hartford.

Gilmour, 24, was an AHL all-star this past season and won the fastest skater competition with a time of "13.663 seconds, which is the fourth-fastest time in the event's history." (NYR Press Release)

He has 26 points in 44 games this season and in his two-year AHL career, he has 12 goals and 39 assists in 120 games.

"Prior to beginning his professional career, Gilmour played four seasons of collegiate hockey at Providence College (2012-13 - 2015-16), and he helped Providence win the National Championship in 2014-15." (NYR Press Release)

Sent from my iPad using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Archived