• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Assuming They Trade McDonagh...

Dr. Jimmy

Staal.

Give it to him the last couple of years until one of the new young guys is ready to assume the role. My bet would be Lias, but who knows.

As much as he gets bagged on, Staal is solid enough and, as probably the last holdover from this era, he'll be a really important figure in this locker room.

They shouldn?t give the captaincy to anyone if he?s traded. If they?re rebuilding have someone earn it through actual leadership and character. No sense in slapping the C on someone just because there?s a vacancy.

This. Team played so much better last time there was no captain. Let someone earn it.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Staal.

Give it to him the last couple of years until one of the new young guys is ready to assume the role. My bet would be Lias, but who knows.

As much as he gets bagged on, Staal is solid enough and, as probably the last holdover from this era, he'll be a really important figure in this locker room.

This was what I was coming to post. There's no sense in buying him out now or trading him with retained salary because you're not going to get enough value out of him. So keep him on the roster, slap the C on him for this year and next, then in 2020, we can readdress this. Maybe he keeps it, maybe he gets bought out then and a new captain is ready to take his place.

Even with Mac wearing the "C", did it really matter? Mac is a very good defenseman, but as a captain....eh? He's not exactly a Messier, or even Sid in my book. If Mac is dealt, which I hope he is, so we can get this transformation rockin' already, someone should have to EARN that "C".

Until then, Hank is the unquestioned leader of this team, no matter who wears a letter.

Even with Mac wearing the "C", did it really matter? Mac is a very good defenseman, but as a captain....eh? He's not exactly a Messier, or even Sid in my book. If Mac is dealt, which I hope he is, so we can get this transformation rockin' already, someone should have to EARN that "C".

Until then, Hank is the unquestioned leader of this team, no matter who wears a letter.

Love Mac, but correct not much of a captain and no one is like Mess

Liljegren (1st), Leivo, 2018 1st, 2018 2nd, conditional 2019 1st that becomes 2019 2nd if Leafs don't win Cup or re-sign him for Ryan McDonagh and change. Who says no?

Not sure on the first 2 names but what I've read

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=224910

BIRTHYEAR 1999-04-30 BIRTHPLACE Kristianstad, SWE

AGE 18 NATION Sweden / USA

POSITION D SHOOTS R

HEIGHT 183 cm / 6'0" WEIGHT 87 kg / 192 lbs

YOUTH TEAM Kristianstads IK CONTRACT 19/20

NHL DRAFT 2017 round 1 #17 overall by Toronto Maple Leafs

CAP HIT $925,000 powered by [Cap hits powered by Capfriendly.com]

SOCIAL Timothy Liljegren Twitter Timothy Liljegren Facebook Timothy Liljegren Instagram Timothy Liljegren

HIGHLIGHTS 1-time U18 WJC Silver Medal 1

A skilled offensive defenseman with excellent skating skills. The way he combines his speed with strong puck handling skills makes him a quite spectacular player to watch. Decision making is at times a bit questionable and there is some room for improvement when it comes to his defensive game. If he puts everything together, he should become a high scoring defenseman thanks to his hockey sense, quick release and strong passing game. (EP 2017)

JOSH LEIVO

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=88692

I didn't see anything about him on the above link he's 24 not exactly blowing me away

Leivo is one of their better AHL forwards who can't seem to crack their insanely deep roster. If not him, you can theoretically swap him for any number of depth guys on the bubble -- Soshnikov, maybe Kapanen (who is keeping Leivo outside looking in), Andreas Johnsson, or Miro Aaltonen.

Nah, Phil. That package is not getting McD. Screw Leivo. Add Dermott and maybe Kapanen?

2018 1st

Lilegren

Dermott

Kapanen

Even if we throw in a 3rd, Leafs won't do it. Would be so exciting if it could happen.

Plus, what about McD's injury? Lowers his value for now, I'd guess.

If they don?t go with 3As, and if they keep Zuccarello, then Zucc. But I like the way MILLER has been a standup guy after the game; he talks sense; he plays the game the right way; I think he may be the man, unless they go all in on someone like Tavares.

Archived